Author Topic: Public service cards  (Read 4089 times)

john m

Public service cards
« on: August 30, 2017, 10:42:00 am »

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: Public service cards
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 01:04:39 pm »
Is it necessary to apply? I thought they just sent appointments to collect them automatically.

john m

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 01:21:06 pm »
Is it necessary to apply? I thought they just sent appointments to collect them automatically.

Not sure Rodent I know if you go to claim the dole you have to apply to go get your snap taken .They might write out to those nearing pension age .I think we should get them before some taxi reps object to the requirement to have to have one to renew a driving licence  as we would need to take time off to go get it .

Offline watty

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 01:31:27 pm »
Up to 50 public bodies can access Public Services Cards data - Doherty (RTE News)
I'm surprised we don't have to have one already.

The scary thing is that there's a biometric scan of your face on the card.  When the data gets stolen, you can't change your face to a new one!  The Israeli secret service already used our passports to get around.  Might be tempting for them or another Govt to steal the data?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 01:32:40 pm »
They sent Mrs. Catcher an appointment to collect one, maybe they only send appointments to holders of the previous version?

Offline watty

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2017, 01:42:43 pm »
Shortly before I left secondary school decades ago, the Dept of Social Welfare sent me a little plastic card with my name and PPS number on it.  After school, I went to the dole office to sign on.  They asked me for ID and I gave them the little card that they'd sent me.  They wouldn't accept it.  My first brush with Irish bureacracy!

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2017, 01:56:39 pm »
I got a letter in the post inviting me to fill out a form and to answer 2 /10 questions...ie...."what was your next door neighbours first cat called?"
You have to tick a box giving them permission to use data collected...also they say they use the photo from when i applied for my drivers licence a few years back,
No need to call in person or anything like that.

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2017, 08:31:27 pm »
I got a letter in the post inviting me to fill out a form and to answer 2 /10 questions...ie...."what was your next door neighbours first cat called?"
You have to tick a box giving them permission to use data collected...also they say they use the photo from when i applied for my drivers licence a few years back,
No need to call in person or anything like that.

I got the same letter last week, answered the two questions and X'd the box giving permission to use info from my drivers licence job done. This will save having to go get another photo taken, can't see what the big deal is anyways.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2017, 10:21:58 am »
Leo's got great ambitions.

Show Unread Posts