Author Topic: Data Protection Commission  (Read 6375 times)

john m

Data Protection Commission
« on: September 06, 2017, 09:47:52 am »
Had an interesting conversation with the commission this morning and I will be making a formal inquiry .

My issue as explained to the commission .If I accept a job from any App without a drop off destination whos passenger is it .The instruction from the app is simply to pick up the passenger as soon as I do that the contract is fulfilled .Now I turn to the passenger and inquire where is the destination .That is a separate contract or Private Treaty between me and the Passenger .Now comes the bit that I have Data concern about .When I reach that destination and input the fare a job receipt is issued showing the pick up and drop off points .Did the passenger consent to be tracked if they input a drop off location then that would be the terms of the contract but if they did not then the contract that existed with the app provider was simply to send a taxi so is the app contravening both my and the passengers Data Privily in their quest for revenue .Is what they are doing Legal .Unlike other apps (UBER ) which require that you input both the pick up and drop off points before they dispatch a vehicle .

I have no option but to ask the Data Commission for clarification as the app provider refused to answer my inquiry .

The Liffey Lip

Re: Data Protection Commission
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 09:58:33 am »
Enjoy your few jars and relax John. Plenty of time for self-flagellation tomorrow.

john m

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 10:12:16 am »
Lipp .If you dont know how they operate you cant change anything .Over on Roys when the Level up offer was on The Rodent contacted them and in their reply they disclosed that they graded drivers on a 3 out of 4 best week average .By telling us this they made sure if a driver had a bad week he was going to struggle  trying to get Top rated .Now they have changed that to one week only .You are rated on last week only .Drivers said the Ambassador system was unfair by exposing how they rated drivers they had to change it now its easier for lads to get access to all the work .

If what I am saying is right then another of the drivers requirements that the job offer shows both the pick up and drop off before they accept gets a step closer .I wouldnt be surprised to see the app requiring customers to enter a drop off location soon .

Sometimes the keyboard warrior actually has a plan .

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 10:17:15 am »
Sure you do have a plan, John. I merely said to enjoy yourself today and leave the cage-rattling until tomorrow. A few scoops and cunning plans only work when you're in power. Buswells' flies can tell some stories.

Look, best of luck to you and Ratcatcher. I suppose the end-user of any transport app provider should be obliged to input destination end, and the end-user should also be entitled to change their mind mid-trip etc. The compos mentis user of Mytaxi will soon cop that no-one's coming when they input travelling from Starbucks, Rathmines to Richmond St.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 10:26:05 am by The Liffey Lip »

john m

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 10:33:20 am »
Dear Commissioner ,
                              I have spoken to one of your agents on the phone and he believes my issue might have merit and advised I should contact your office  .

If I accept a job from any Taxi App without a drop off destination whos passenger is it .The instruction from the app is simply to pick up the passenger as soon as I do that  is the contract  fulfilled ?, I am then required by the app provider to enter the fare at the termination of the journey  why !

After  I turn to the passenger and inquire where is their preferred  destination .Is this  a separate contract or Private Treaty between me and the Passenger as no destination was given in the original instruction by the app user or provider referring to a final destination ?..Now comes the bit that I have Data concern about .When I reach that destination and input the fare a job receipt is issued showing the pick up and drop off points .Did the passenger consent to be tracked if they input a drop off location then that would be the terms of the contract but if they did not then the contract that existed with the app provider was simply to send a taxi to pick them up . Is the app contravening both my and the passengers Data Privacy  in their quest for revenue .Is what they are doing Legal .Unlike other apps (UBER ) which require that you input both the pick up and drop off points before they dispatch a vehicle to fulfil the contract .The open ended nature of Mytaxi offering in my opinion is open to contravention of personal Data protection with reference to the drivers private contract with his passenger or  the passengers right to be conveyed without any monitoring by the Company engaged by them for the simple purpose of providing a taxi as no further instruction on destination was ever issued by the user when requesting a vehicle

I look forward to your deliberations on this most serious issue .

Regards .

John 

Online watty

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2017, 06:08:07 pm »
I went looking for MyTaxis policy on data etc.

Started with the irish T&C's - https://ie.mytaxi.com/migrationirlpassengertcs

2.1 Upon passenger's selection, the Application may determine the passenger's location in order to provide the mytaxi Services. The location service can be selected in the privacy settings of the mytaxi website or mytaxi app, the Third Party Website Services, and/or the mobile end-device. For further details in relation to mytaxi's use of location data and other personal data, please see our Privacy Statement Policy available at www.mytaxi.com.

www.mytaxi.com just sends me back to the Irish front page!

Searching google for 'mytaxi privacy statement policy' sends me to the American page - https://us.mytaxi.com/gtc-privacy-policy.html

Online ordering
After prior registration, users can order a taxi via mytaxi.com. Personal data must be collected here in order to provide the service. The nature, scope, and purpose of the collection and use of this data is governed by the privacy policy for the mytaxi booking service, which can be viewed at https://de.mytaxi.com/agb.html. The same applies for subscription to the newsletter when registering for the mytaxi taxi service.

https://de.mytaxi.com/agb.html is a bad link and I end up on the front page of the German site - https://de.mytaxi.com/index.html

Looking at the front page, I think this might be the link ( https://de.mytaxi.com/agb-datenschutz.html ) but it's all German to me so I hit a dead end.

I still don't know what their 'Privacy Statement policy' is on collecting personal data.  Good luck with your quest, JohnM  C:-)

john m

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2017, 12:03:48 am »
 never ask a question unless I already know the answer .

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2017, 09:47:33 am »
Stop fondlin yisserself John!

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2017, 10:27:50 am »

Off Topic but nothing new there. How did the cops falsify 1.5 mil breathalyser tests, John? Is it possible that Ireland has 1.5 mil drivers or was it that they were falsifying the actual same test on numerous occasions? And don't mention water refunds news being released on the same day please.

john m

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2017, 10:33:40 am »

Off Topic but nothing new there. How did the cops falsify 1.5 mil breathalyser tests, John? Is it possible that Ireland has 1.5 mil drivers or was it that they were falsifying the actual same test on numerous occasions? And don't mention water refunds news being released on the same day please.

Im sure the Gards just went about their Lawfull duty and if they set up on the Nass Road and 1362 cars past through the cordon of blue lights and they breath tested just Two .It was fair to say they carried out 1362 breath tests and Garda Donnacha or Garda Mallachy have a nose for drink and they were undercover sniffing for the stink of drink .It just an error in discription smelling your breath or getting you to blow in a bag sort of the same

Ya need to ask the Rat about water refunds he is livid .

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2017, 10:39:35 am »
Just wondering. I got breathalysed twice on the same road by the same cop yrs ago and after informing him he had already passed me, he seemed baffled that I was complaining. "Weren't you clean...what's the issue?".

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2017, 02:09:38 pm »
]
And don't mention water refunds news being released on the same day please.

Bollix... wish I'd paid it now.

john m

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2017, 02:12:12 pm »
]
And don't mention water refunds news being released on the same day please.

Bollix... wish I'd paid it now.

Write in to them and look for your refund the probably dont know if you paid it or not .

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2017, 02:49:14 pm »
It's long gone. Voting machines....ever heard the likes?

john m

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2017, 09:59:40 am »
This is the sort of thing im thinking about am I being tracked when I have my Private passenger on board

...https://www.irishtimes.com/business/technology/fbi-probes-uber-over-illegal-tracking-of-lyft-drivers-1.3214747

Show Unread Posts