Author Topic: New app  (Read 6087 times)

john m

New app
« on: September 07, 2017, 10:15:32 am »

john m

Re: New app
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 10:21:23 am »
First they are going to take on Facebook ,Snapchat and Instagram by creating an app for communicating with drivers .Ie a Whatsapp Group .Dead before it began and all for only 50 yoyo .

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 10:25:07 am »
Whatsapp groups....no thanks....

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 10:31:18 am »
Bit of competition won't do any harm. Hailo started to shit themselves when we signed up to Uber a few years ago even sending out anti Uber stuff in driver newsletters.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 10:36:41 am »
Don't do Faceless,Happysnaps or Instagratification....so Whatsapp will do fine and as MFH said about a birra competition but i'd like to know a bit more before i throw a bullseye in the bucket!!

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2017, 10:41:42 am »
Quit Facebook. Got sent to their version of prison when I commented on a woman moaning about having lost her "camel-toes" after giving birth to her 3rd sprog. Just reminded her that the cod-pouch was meant for such activities etc.

john m

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2017, 10:42:33 am »
Merc it would take Millions to develop and promote an app .If UBER couldn't break Ireland and Mytaxi are still struggling for drivers even thought they actually have work then what chance has an unfunded startup .This Video is a sales pitch based on it would you invest 50 ?Id prefer to give it to the Rat and send him into Paddy Power to try and get me a return on me investment .

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2017, 10:46:04 am »
Break Ireland? That was done by others, John.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2017, 10:49:14 am »
Honestly I don't know where the millions are needed.If drivers abandon one app in favour of another the customers will follow.They don't care what name is on the app.

Worst case mytaxi improve driver terms and conditions out of fear of losing the little bit they have,best case drivers get a workable app.I'm sure we'll have something to moan about either way.

At this stage I think anybody but Daimler would be a better option.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2017, 10:54:28 am »
I'm surprised MyTaxi still have drivers tbh but if they're handing out free stuff to the likes of RC for a favourable review on his site then it says it all really,
What happened to Roy and Rattys app anyway?

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2017, 10:55:48 am »
It's a ratapp and you've been caught.

john m

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2017, 11:03:19 am »
Here is the Reality Merc Paddy pays 100 a week for his radio and runs Mytaxi and UBER and he will run any other pay per job app out there its impossible for any app to dominate the market .If Mytaxi have 12% of the Dublin market they are doing well .If any start up app was getting a foothold My taxi would just release some sort of vouchers .I was talking to the Rodent  yesterday and I recon it costs Mytaxi about 60 cent to dispatch a jiob if you take into account the wage bill of the office staff the Tech staff the sales staff the rent on the office and their huge advertising bill and free vouchers and both driver and user incentives .60c only because of their scale a smaller app would have bigger costs .Mytaxi are actually losing money Europewide on their app I dont have the actual figures for Ireland but I wouldnt be surprised if they are in the red .Remember Mytaxi or UBER can afford to lose money they are playing the long game a stand alone commercially viable taxi app I dont think is a reality .Without Daimlers money or UBERS money I doubt those apps would still be up and running .

john m

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2017, 11:08:51 am »
I'm surprised MyTaxi still have drivers tbh but if they're handing out free stuff to the likes of RC for a favourable review on his site then it says it all really,
What happened to Roy and Rattys app anyway?

Didnt see any review from the Rodent but with the few of us that are on here do you think they care what we say .As I said to the Rat why would they sack him or me that wouldnt stop us posting it would only stop them getting the few coppers we contribute in commission . I dont have any problem with the app its the interpersonal skills that need work on .If you take the time to contact them the least you would expect is a coherent reply .

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2017, 11:42:52 am »
Haven't heard anything from him!!
He's probably drawing up a list of "ban them" for HQ

john m

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2017, 12:08:07 pm »
Hes around somewhere probably boiling a few sausages for the breakfast .

Show Unread Posts