Author Topic: Paddy Power acting the maggot.  (Read 9262 times)

The Liffey Lip

Re: Paddy Power acting the maggot.
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2017, 09:55:55 am »
Barney's famous coup impossible with technology but he still managed to swindle millions a few yrs ago with hundreds of young lads on mopeds placing fivers on his Lucky 15 in Germany. He realised the only way to win was to be at the top table...own the horses and get a "naïve" jockey....Good auld Tom.

http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/horse-racing/barney-curley-horse-racing-coup-3052758
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 10:30:21 am by The Liffey Lip »

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2017, 09:57:35 am »
Are you lads on tablets?The whole premise behind opening a betting shop is manipulation.There is no fairness in gambling.It's a magnet for lads who are shite at basic maths and think they're gifted somehow.

You're right, but it's human to think there's something better out there Mercenary. Most people lead lives of drudgery...hence pubs and nightclubs and marriage and kids and every other rigged rite of passage. It's all a game mate! Gambling is particularly dangerous, I'll give you that. Men buy gadgets when the sex dries up and women start changing things about the house when they lose their sexual allure.

My missus just moved me new telly and Video and Hi Fi and games consel etc etc etc etc

There'd be no factory workers in Glasgow if it wasn't for Rangers and Celtic fans...escaping the drudgery..

john m

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2017, 10:08:39 am »
Gambling is crooket as fuck .I worked for Alan Tuttill many years ago as a runner and dogs body .He would send me off to pay out winnings and collect losses and his motto was if it can talk let it walk he never bet on boxing or snooker .It was him who copped on to the Snooker coup in the Irish Benson and Hedges at Goffs .A body came in to the shop and wanted 100 on Silvino Fransisco to beat Tony Knowles 5-2  Alan refused the bet and rang Ed Mc Williams who had just laid the same bet .I was on me toes around the corner to Jim walsh to have 20 on for meself @ 9/2 .I borrowed the score off Tuttill .I think it was Rex Williams advised players playing in Snooker Finals to have a bet on their opponent so no matter what the result they walk away with the same amount of readies .He was the Chairman of the WPBSA .That tells you the mentality in the Game and how straight it was .

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2017, 10:14:25 am »
You don't say? 8)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2017, 11:47:59 am »
He hit them with  Gay Future as well in Cartmel in 1974.

Murphy's Stroke. Well worth a look if you're feeling nostalgic.

Offline Belker

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2017, 01:08:31 pm »
He hit them with  Gay Future as well in Cartmel in 1974.

Murphy's Stroke. Well worth a look if you're feeling nostalgic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJI7K084qME

I actually bought a copy of that from eBay (on VHS) about Ten years ago,
just so as to watch it again, Great show and true fer the most part.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2017, 01:35:49 pm »
Downloaded it from youtube a few years back myself.

Offline Belker

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2017, 01:37:30 pm »
Are you lads on tablets?The whole premise behind opening a betting shop is manipulation.There is no fairness in gambling.It's a magnet for lads who are shite at basic maths and think they're gifted somehow.

Some of us are Gifted, I'll hazard a guess that most of today's odds offered by bookies on any numbers game
where originally thought out by either myself or my father. My father being the first bookie ever to offer odds
on the Irish Lotto. To follow on from my father I introduced "Pick 3", "Fabulous 4", "Take 5", Odds on the English
lotto, Odds on the Euromilions draw and just about everything else regarding numbers betting.

Offline Belker

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2017, 01:40:42 pm »
Downloaded it from youtube a few years back myself.

Niall Tobin playing as 'Murphy' was spectacular !

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2017, 01:42:38 pm »
Taking odds on the Lotto is a total mugs bet, the mathematics tell you you can't win... like slot machines.

Offline Belker

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2017, 01:51:34 pm »
Taking odds on the Lotto is a total mugs bet, the mathematics tell you you can't win... like slot machines.

I know !
I made up most of the Odds.

Show Unread Posts