Author Topic: what price a general election  (Read 35427 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: what price a general election
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2017, 11:58:06 am »
Sounds exciting.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2017, 12:00:39 pm »
Capo Di Tutti Capi needs to be elected first.

john m

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2017, 12:29:27 pm »
Capo Di Tutti Capi needs to be elected first.

no need for a conductor if you dont have a gig . the 1 oc news MARY lou goes for it .No confidence motion in Fran then Leo must decide does he put down a motion of confidence in her first to force FF hand if she loses then a general election is on ,
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 01:42:34 pm by john m »

john m

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2017, 01:07:42 pm »
SF just announced a no confidence motion in Fran ....now what does Big MICK Do  lol lol lol lol lol lol.must root out that bookies docket just in case .

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2017, 01:43:57 pm »
You live in hope alright. No appetite for an election...it's all about Zeitgeist.

john m

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2017, 01:49:21 pm »
Ms McDonald said it was time for the Tánaiste to step aside.

Attention will now turn to Fianna Fáil who are in a confidence and supply arrangement with Fine Gael. If they seek Ms Fitzgerald’s resignation it could spark a general election in the days before Christmas. lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

john m

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2017, 02:37:46 pm »
A Long Shot .Mick tells Leo the gig is up .Leo goes on the Radio or Telly says .That the constant sniping from SF and numerous votes of confidence put down by them and defeated is leading to instability and delay in important government work .To provide strong government especially in the lead up to Brexit Leo has decided to call a general election for the Friday before Christmas .(This gets the Irish Government off the hook when it comes to objecting to Phase two of the Brexit negotiation going ahead as they can say there was no irish government in place at the time .Then I can claim me few grand in time for the Leopardstown Races .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2017, 03:07:49 pm »
Sounds exciting.

john m

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2017, 03:13:45 pm »
long shot rodent but Leo might decide now is the time to actually be elected taoiseach ,its a numbers game unless there is a cupboard full of skeleton hidden somewhere .My best guess is Leo goes for it ,better to be seen as leading than having been pushed .

Offline Belker

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2017, 05:29:01 pm »
I hope your right John M, but I really doubt it, the news broke just a little too late in the year.
The Dail breaks fer their 4 week Chrimbo holiday in just 3 weeks time and the next debate on
the subject isin't till the 29th Nov.
No way are Irish politicians giving up their Chrimbo break fer anything as trivial as a General Election !

Offline Belker

« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2017, 05:45:22 pm »

john m

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2017, 06:25:54 pm »
you couldnt make a market Ken the TDS would have inside info .My ace in the hole is not FF its Sean Canny of the Independence Aliance if one of the alliance jumps ship the rest of the rats might head for high ground .its about a 7/4 shot Ken no more .If you see TDs loading boxes of prepaid envelopes into the boot of the Audi its game on .

john m

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2017, 06:31:20 pm »
Even Money Ken if it goes to a vote O Callighan says FF will not vote confiidence in Fran .

Offline Belker

« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2017, 07:10:28 pm »
Even Money Ken if it goes to a vote O Callighan says FF will not vote confiidence in Fran .

@ John M, it's not Even Money, it's about a 100/1 shot.
How your misses lets you out in the morning with cash in your pocket is a mystery to me !

I would take more of your money off you on an Even Money bet, or even at 7/4,
or even at 10/1. But I feel guilty enough already after stealing a Deuce off you this year.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2017, 01:12:20 am »
http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/politics/politician-labelled-disgraceful-after-calling-11575819

A former Ulster Unionist politician was involved in a spat on social media after describing Taoiseach Leo Varadkar as “the Indian”.

John Taylor, who now calls himself Lord Kilclooney, was replying to a post on Twitter that quoted Simon Coveney wanting a united Ireland in his “political lifetime”.

He tweeted: “Simon Coveney is stirring things up. Very dangerous non statesman like role! Clearly hoping to undermine the Indian.”

In other posts explaining the tweet the life peer claimed the offensive nickname was “shorthand for poof an Indian surname which I could not spell”.

Show Unread Posts