Author Topic: What's wrong with youse MyTaxi drivers!  (Read 5268 times)

Offline watty

What's wrong with youse MyTaxi drivers!
« on: December 08, 2017, 05:39:13 pm »
I'm getting a pain in me hole covering for you guys.  Time and time again, I have to step in and drive a MyTaxi customer who can't get a MyTaxi and/or the pre-booked one doesn't turn up.  I have my own customers to look after, you know.  While the cash money from the MyTaxi users is nice, I don't want to disappoint my main cash-paying customers in the run-up to Christmas.

As the saying goes, 'you have one job to do'.  Now go and f*cking do it  lol

Seriously though, MyTaxi is f*cking up big time over the last week or two.  The amount of earache I get from MyTaxi customers is getting louder and louder.  They're sufferring a lot of reputational damage at the moment.  I could see lots of people switching back to the old-fashioned 'raise the arm'-hail and forget about their smartphone...

Offline Vikkiz

Re: What's wrong with youse MyTaxi drivers!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 11:29:51 pm »
Ahhh sure I pulled into to drop off and one of those preggers hospitals, another taxi pulled into dropping off. I noticed a woman coming out the door ,phone in hand and looking around. I stuck m6 light on and hung around for a minute. The lady wasn5 interested in me or the taxi behind so I left there but pulled in further up the road. I gave her about 10 waiting and a mytaxi taxi showed up.

Offline TheDevilHimself

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 01:22:37 am »
Yeah  why ?
Six legs good, four legs bad!

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2017, 03:00:35 pm »
Apologis Watty, I've been a lazy cunt this month. I've only done 5 hours since getting the motor passed out for it's last year of service on Monday. I'll try to pick up the pace a bit but it'd be folly to make any promises with the darts starting next week and the increased tendency for spontaneous piss ups at this time of the year.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 03:03:59 pm by Rat Catcher »

Offline watty

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2017, 05:46:07 pm »
No worries, RC.  As per the MyTaxi/FB ad, would you not consider renting/loaning your taxi to some houseparent in your neighbourhood while you're watching the darts.  Spread the wealth n' all that.  Plus you'd be helping MyTaxi out of a tight spot as well!

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 05:04:00 am »
Having a cosy makes sense in theory but, in practice, I don't think the reward would justify the risk. Discussion on here suggests that a new entrant could get a WAV on the road for c.€12k. He could certainly plate up a "limousine" for considerably less so there's obviously quite a low limit to what he'd be prepared to pay to cosy on a saloon taxi. As MfH previously suggested, life is a lot easier when you know your motor is safely parked when you're not working as opposed to wondering if the cosy is going to return it in one piece, etc...

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2017, 04:34:12 pm »
If MyTaxi just offered the closest taxi to the fare...instead of all their bullsh!t driver gradings....how many drivers with their ambassador /Priority status(who reject or ignore) does that job go through before the pleb status driver gets the offer...a bit of cop on in Mount St is what's required.

Offline Korky

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2017, 10:31:44 pm »
If MyTaxi just offered the closest taxi to the fare...instead of all their bullsh!t driver gradings....how many drivers with their ambassador /Priority status(who reject or ignore) does that job go through before the pleb status driver gets the offer...a bit of cop on in Mount St is what's required.
That is the only reason I NEVER cover prebooked fares, I’m not taking the shite the ambassadors won’t cover, even if it’s on my doorstep, I’d prefer to drive away empty

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2017, 11:35:49 pm »
That is the only reason I NEVER cover prebooked fares, I’m not taking the shite the ambassadors won’t cover, even if it’s on my doorstep, I’d prefer to drive away empty

Very true...the amount of jobs i reject or ignore cos i know i know i'm on the bottom rung,i've picked up fares where customers say they've been tryin to get a taxi for 10 mins...a job you know you could have picked up 10 mins earlier...but if that's how they want to ruin run their business...so be it.

Offline Belker

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2017, 12:33:59 am »

I had a weeks Mytaxi 'Gold' status a few weeks ago which put me on the Second rung of the ladder, just below Ambassador Gold and above Ambassador Silver, I still never took a pre-book job. I just hate the having to hang up your keys and wait bit.

Offline Belker

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2017, 12:53:41 am »
I was coming through Turners cross one night (about 1KM from my home) and a job popped up fer Summerhill South which is about 500 Meters away, I accept it only then to be told it's for 16 minutes time. So I head fer home fer a coffee and a leak and then arrive at the girls door still 5 minutes early. She comes out straight away, a very pleasant sober young lass and ask's me very polietly where I was fer the last 10 minutes ? As she could see me on her phone/map. I tell her that I went home fer a coffee as the job was booked in fer 16 minutes time. She very pleasantly said; "No, I asked fer it Now". She apologized to me fer questioning me and I apologized to her fer being late. ??

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2017, 08:27:18 am »
Maggots on a hook...wriggling and waiting for the bite. The Pike is too busy atin' other fish to be bothered.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2017, 11:33:08 am »
I registered for prebookings when we got PUC. Since then, I've done one off the list. I won't bore you with the details but I needed a job for a bonus, my telephone had 1% battery life remaining and it was the early hours of the morning. On digesting the information relevant to this particular conundrum I concluded that I needed to plug the telephone in to it's charger and allow it a few minutes before it could be used to place or receive a telephone call to or from an intending passenger. Given the hour and my location, the most likely instant hail would be from one of the passenger terminals at Dublin Airport or from a group of youngsters leaving the Wright Venue, possibly via McDonald's restaurant, on Nevinstown lane. Both of those scenarios invariably involve a telephone conversation with the client prior to pick up. I did consider that I could take Nevinstown Lane and get a client who had hailo'd regardless of whether it was the correct one but given the urgency of the bonus situation as outlined I concluded that the potential problems (i.e. that the passenger telephones me rendering my telephone impotent or I get the wrong passenger and the right one cancels the job to try again) made that an undesirable strategy to adopt. As there was a pre-booking from Santry to Dublin Airport available for pick up in approximately 21 minutes I decided that presented a more prudent option as it gave my telephone time to charge to sufficient capacity as to allow me accept a telephone call in the unlikely event that the client deemed it necessary to place such a call. This cautious approach reaped the desired reward. After a short rest with a cold expresso and cigarette (a rare real one, not the electric yoke) the client boarded my vehicle 5 minutes ahead of schedule and the bonus was earned a few minutes thereafter.

I covered one on Saturday evening with 6 minutes to pick up as it wasn't going too far, kept me out of traffic and offered instant priority. I've rejected others because they don't have the instant priority banner. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to which ones offer instant priority but a colleague advised me that you don't get instant priority if the banner is missing so don't be fooled into thinking it's just the banner that's missing.

Offline Belker

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2017, 06:38:31 am »
That sounds like an embarrassing 'Amateur Hour' from an old seasoned Pro !

Surely you have an in-car phone battery charger and surely your smartphone
gives you advance warning of 'Low Battery' life ?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2017, 12:49:19 pm »
Did you read what I writ? I plugged the telephone into the car charger so, obviously, I have one. I don't generally use it as I'm told modern batteries don't like being constantly charged so I generally charge the phone at home. The reason it was down to 1% is entirely Mrs. Catcher's fault as she unplugged the charger on my bedside table to hoover or something and forgot to plug it back in. I noticed the 15% warning but I was engaged with a client at the time and forgot that I'd noticed it when they got out and another got in.

Show Unread Posts