Author Topic: Taxi meter re programming  (Read 85066 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: Taxi meter re programming
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2018, 04:04:40 pm »
Back then all of the Dublin installers were scared shitless of Usher and Gorman, getting a meter into a plata nua was a cloak and dagger affair, gobshites!

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2018, 04:09:55 pm »
Very true,sure the intimidation from the old timers especially on the Gresh was ridiculous.

Offline Belker

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2018, 11:39:23 am »
It was 30 Notes the last time around, a load of Pox Doob trackie's brought us all out to the Docklands of Cork,
charged us 30 Bucks 'Cash' fer Two minutes work, gave us a confirmation letter and sent us on our way.

The Heurs working the Cork Docks weren't making even a Quarter of what the Doob boys were coining !

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
Taxi meter update
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2018, 05:05:27 pm »
Got a appointment to have my Cygnus meter recalibrated just now. Turns out I will have to wait until the 22nd before I can have the pleasure of handing over 75 squid..I think it's a bad time of the year and sure what's the hurry?
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Online watty

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2018, 05:49:41 pm »
When is the fare increase actually happening?  I've just had a quick gander at the NTA website and it says Feb 2018 'at the earliest'.  As far as I can see, they haven't published an official notice introducing it on a specific date.

So even if they did bring it in in Feb 2018, you'd probably have a month's grace or two before your 'old fare' meter became illegal.  So if you're not in a rush, you could probably wait until March or April to get it done. 

(Don't blame me if I'm wrong and you get a fine  C:-) )

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2018, 06:08:47 pm »
They've published a list of approved programs as below hence the date must be determined.

https://www.nationaltransport.ie/taxi-and-bus-licensing/taxi/latest-news-for-spsv-operators-2/

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2018, 06:11:03 pm »
Aaah, there it is:

https://www.nationaltransport.ie/taxi-and-bus-licensing/taxi/latest-news-for-spsv-operators-2/page/4/

The Board approved the proposed increase in the maximum taxi fare by an average of 3.22%, to take effect on 01 February 2018.

Online watty

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2018, 06:19:46 pm »
@ RC: Thanks!

Putting on my JohnM hat, the new fares are 'maximums'.  And, of course, you're allowed to discount.  I wonder could you put up an official looking sign on your taxi.  Get it laminated in plastic 'n everything.  And say you're giving everyone a 3.22% discount so you're not getting your meter updated to the new fare structure...  Could save yourself a few bob on meter sealing etc and use the savings to diversify into the oven-hinge business?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2018, 06:27:05 pm »
AFAIK you're obliged too have your meter programmed to the current maximum fare.

To answer a question that's invariably asked over taxi radios shortly after midnight on the date of the rate change... If you had your meter programmed in advance and it displays tariff expired or some such you need to end your current shift and start a new one.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2018, 06:31:34 pm »
^ afterthought - if you haven't ended/started a shift since the last fare update do yourself a favour and disconnect/switch off the printer or it'll take an eternity and consume a small forest.

Offline Belker

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2018, 07:25:59 am »
Fixed payment offences – taximeter (taxi only)
Failure to comply with the requirements in relation to the calibration of taximeters  €250
Failure to comply with the requirements in relation to the fitting and operation of a taximeter  €60

https://www.nationaltransport.ie/taxi-and-bus-licensing/taxi/operating-an-spsv/rights-and-responsibilities-of-an-spsv-driver/fixed-payment-notice/

Offline Belker

Re: Taxi meter update
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2018, 07:29:15 am »
Got a appointment to have my Cygnus meter recalibrated just now. Turns out I will have to wait until the 22nd before I can have the pleasure of handing over 75 squid..I think it's a bad time of the year and sure what's the hurry?

The NTA website sez the Cygnus meter is good to be installed as of now.
https://www.nationaltransport.ie/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/2018_Taximeter_Program_Update_18-12-17.pdf

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2018, 11:16:48 am »
Very true,sure the intimidation from the old timers especially on the Gresh was ridiculous.

All part of the game wasn't it? Last in new boy gets the run-around. A right few arseholes still knocking about with the tanned right arms and scuffed knuckles. Had the pleasure of listening to one of them I met off Sean Macker Strasse...Champion Ave, I think? He caught me pissing at all hours............how I laughed at his Gestapo-like posture.

Offline Bubba Ho-Tep

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2018, 12:56:17 am »
Might be a delay, fare cards may have to be reprinted. Credit card charge gone.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2018, 01:42:06 am »
Hard to delay when the programs are approved and already installed in at least 8,342 meters.

Show Unread Posts