Author Topic: Insurance black mail  (Read 5275 times)

john m

Insurance black mail
« on: January 15, 2018, 03:32:48 pm »
Took a taxi last night driver said his mate got a WAV and the insurance was 13.000 how can you pay that 230 a week for insurance then fuel, maintenance and the cost of the vehicle .Must cost him at least 600 a week before he makes any pocket money .He must be doing 7 days a week and millions of hours .Wait till the romance wears off we all remember when we started off the buzz of getting paid every day but that soon wears off and you cant stand the sight of the fucking car parked outside the house .

Offline Tony

Re: Insurance black mail
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 03:46:37 pm »
What a fucking idiot

13000 divided by  52 is 250
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 04:55:16 pm by Tony »
Mr. T-bag to you

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 03:48:18 pm »
a pinch of salt john.
no, a JCB full of salt.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 04:33:17 pm »
Better off on the scratcher!!

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 05:35:04 pm »
He might be in receipt of the back to work allowance.It's not much as before but better than nothing.The welfare are actively encouraging unemployed lads to go taxi driving.Even paying for PSV training courses.

If I had the motivation to work I had 8 years ago I'd be minted like Ken... and miserable probably.I've even been getting calls from Mytaxi in Dundalk to see if I'm ok because I left the app off for a few weeks.They must have thought I put me head in the oven... I dunno how to use the oven.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 05:41:19 pm »
What a fucking idiot

Ermonomics!!

Offline Lizzzy

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2018, 09:33:22 pm »
There's probably half a dozen of them driving it.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2018, 09:28:50 am »
Took a taxi last night driver said his mate got a WAV and the insurance was 13.000 how can you pay that 230 a week for insurance then fuel, maintenance and the cost of the vehicle .Must cost him at least 600 a week before he makes any pocket money .He must be doing 7 days a week and millions of hours .Wait till the romance wears off we all remember when we started off the buzz of getting paid every day but that soon wears off and you cant stand the sight of the fucking car parked outside the house .

10 grand is a ballpark figure for new WAVS so he's probably young. It does come down but not below 6 grand. Newish Expert or Vito will cost 10 large to insure minimum.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2018, 09:38:42 am »

Subconsciously, you are referring to marriage there.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2018, 11:03:42 am »

Subconsciously, you are referring to marriage there.

Laffin.....part time psychologist?

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2018, 11:06:43 am »
Joking but women are much sharper than men in the main.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2018, 11:15:03 am »
What a fucking idiot

Ermonomics!!

He does that deliberately to misdirect. Be careful of Erm...he thinks everyone else is ether an alco or clever and he often forgets to hang up the phone before saying either of the above.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2018, 11:22:00 am »
What a fucking idiot

Ermonomics!!

He does that deliberately to misdirect. Be careful of Erm...he thinks everyone else is ether an alco or clever and he often forgets to hang up the phone before saying either of the above.

Don't know bout dat....even the Nokia 3310 has a calculator on it!!

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2018, 11:27:19 am »
 8) Speaker-Phone fiends cannot be trusted. Shouting Mazel Tov out loud is a tell when it comes to fellas who think the eejit on the other end doesn't know there's a crowd around him as he regales them with the adjectives..."Fuckin' Alco, Gobshite.....clever cunt though behind it all". Yes,,,can't beat the Jews for their cunning...Mazel Tov. Never under-estimate The Erm.....The Auld Soldier.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2018, 01:02:27 pm »
Sure it was 5 large in punts for a cosy back when I started and you got no allowance for NCB on a private policy... and that was in punts. Adjust for inflation, the Euro rip off, etc and it's not far off.

Show Unread Posts