Author Topic: Avensis drinking a lot of water.  (Read 21035 times)

john m

Re: Avensis drinking a lot of water.
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2018, 01:57:13 pm »
I eventually got me Joe in to a mechanic this morning, seemingly every mechanic in the city is booked out fer days in advance.
It was the Thermostat housing that had caused the leak and the cab won't be ready until tomorrow (Fri).
I didn't get a price off him, but I had a look at ebay and they are about Thirty notes to buy, so add in the labour costs and hopefully I'll be out of it fer less than a ton.

I was wrong ! Seemingly the whole engine had to be striped down just to get at the thermostat and it took an entire afternoon to do it, the cost was 312Euro but he settled fer a Trummer in cash (without me asking) and even replaced a couple of light bulbs fer free.
At least I was back out on the road fer the weekend, 'Cabin Fever' was starting to set in !

That Fucker Edd China on whealer dealers makes everything look easy A trummer and your backup and running its just wear and tare not to bad .

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2018, 02:13:18 pm »
Toyota must be trying to fit oversized diesel engines into places they wouldn't normally go.I know a chap with a 2010 Avensis d cat diesel and to remove the Alternator one of the drive shafts have to be removed.On a petrol engine you'd reach it from the top.Probably a 15 minute job.No wonder Toyota wanna move away from the diesel.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2018, 02:37:38 pm »
That Fucker Edd China on whealer dealers makes everything look easy A trummer and your backup and running its just wear and tare not to bad .

Once you have access to a four post lift,everything is a piece of piss,luckily i have,a 53 yr old struggling under a car on axle stands isn't a pretty sight!!

Offline Belker

« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2018, 06:05:04 am »

I'll settle fer the Trummer, last week I was half expecting the entire engine might be gone.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2018, 11:44:18 am »
Ed's not on the new series. Threw his toys outta the pram when they diluted the workshop element. Personally, I agree with his stance, it's the workshop bit I enjoy.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2018, 12:18:57 pm »
Ed's not on the new series. Threw his toys outta the pram when they diluted the workshop element. Personally, I agree with his stance, it's the workshop bit I enjoy.

It's completely focussed on the American market now,i've no interest in merican muscle cars....and the price Brewer is paying for cars is ridiculous,paying 20-25k dollars and throwing another 10k in for parts/upgrades,

The workshop bit was always the most interesting,Ant is a bit too Essex boy for my liking....with a mouth full of gobstoppers!!

Show Unread Posts