Author Topic: Nostalgia is not what it use to be  (Read 6972 times)

Offline Shallowhal

Re: Nostalgia is not what it use to be
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2018, 11:48:20 am »
That said, John is going through the male menopause like so many of us...prostate issues, inverted penis, grey pubes and, most probably, watching telly on his Sweeney in the garage whilst her indoors hoovers up Corrie and Towie as she continues her metamorphosis into a Red Hurley/Tina Turner hybrid in his eyes.

Jaysus,sounds like he needs our help more than i thought,we should set up a support group meeting for our John,the venue could be a bit tricky but i'll suggest Angels on Leeson St.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2018, 11:56:33 am »
What happened to Beaujangles?

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2018, 12:01:08 pm »
What happened to Beaujangles?

Ah Mister Bojangles!!

The name moved to Harcourt St,was in the Russell Court Hotel,same as Diceys,that prententious kip Krystle,i believe Bojangles is called Bond now....for the over 30's...i'll have you know!!

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2018, 12:08:15 pm »
Shaken Hal, but not stirred...that Sri-Lankan still running the dive?

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2018, 12:12:24 pm »
No idea Lip....i never knew who ran the dive....unlike Coppers.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2018, 12:35:54 pm »
Harcourt St is to be avoided at all costs except on big match weekends. Mayo birds with Clarins and L'Ancome streaks running down their cheeks after the Dubs beat them and Kerry birds with the " Yerra-Yerra, Wot eva" lilt all the way from Dorset St to Ranelagh before heading back on the correct route...ah hard to beat....but a kip otherwise.

Could never figure out how come a Donegal man owned the Harcourt and it directly opposite the Puzzle Palace?...Ireland's version of H.Q.....hmmm.......

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2018, 03:35:50 pm »

Bojangles was at the Leeson Court Hotel under Darby O' Gills (now House), moved to the LC's sister hotel (the Russel Court - home of Dicey Reilly's) when the LC opened the only Leeson St club with a full bar licence in it's place. I think the Sri-Lanken became manager after Maurice Wright (proprietor) died, his sisters (Laura and Cara) ran the Leeson Court for a decade or so after that before it was sold. Dunno if the RC was sold, could be still owned by Maurice's wife (who appointed the Sri-Lanken I think) and/or sons.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 03:39:33 pm by Rat Catcher »

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2018, 04:45:46 pm »
Or the first year geebag that i had in years ago lookin for Buck Whalins....there was no tellin her!!

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2018, 05:45:17 pm »

Bojangles was at the Leeson Court Hotel under Darby O' Gills (now House), moved to the LC's sister hotel (the Russel Court - home of Dicey Reilly's) when the LC opened the only Leeson St club with a full bar licence in it's place. I think the Sri-Lanken became manager after Maurice Wright (proprietor) died, his sisters (Laura and Cara) ran the Leeson Court for a decade or so after that before it was sold. Dunno if the RC was sold, could be still owned by Maurice's wife (who appointed the Sri-Lanken I think) and/or sons.
Think Eileen Wright stil has Bo's. Think Rangan has Krystle.
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Show Unread Posts