Author Topic: stuff what fellas didint know but should know  (Read 5922 times)

Offline Shallowhal

Re: stuff what fellas didint know but should know
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2018, 01:23:32 pm »
I always think of people who were cajoled into debt consolidation by lenders,car loans,mortgage etc,imagine paying for a car for 25 yrs....the good times were never gonna end!!

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2018, 01:29:25 pm »
People are attracted by the fact that the interest rate is lower - only works if you pay off each component within it's original term. Of course, a lot of folk will convince themselves that they will do that... but they won't.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2018, 01:41:37 pm »
We were one of those Irish Nationwide customers,who then became part of IBRC,we were small fry cos we owed fukall,BOI bought our loan a couple of years back,we recently  changed from the variable rate to a five year fixed at 3.20%,lowering our monthly repayment by only a tenner,we've six yrs left on our mortgage,hopefully interest rates won't be sky high in 2022/2023!!

john m

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2018, 01:45:20 pm »
Before I done this job I was a partner in a maintainance firm.Dont know how many new houses we done new wooden floors ,tiling curtain poles .Spot lights front and back ,side gates .Front gates all paid for out of adding a few grand to the original mortgage and possibly buying furniture that would be long replaced before it was ever paid for .In 1988 the Millennium year they were selling corpo houses in Clondalkin for around 11K I bought mine but had to convince others it was a great deal as the mortgage was a few quid more than rent the big put off at the time was most of the windows were crap if you stayed with the corpo they would change them and fit heating if you bought you had to look after that yourself .Anyhoo a pal of mine bought for 11,400 waited for about 7 years sold for about 50 moved to Lucan bought for 80 .he paid off his corpo loan put down 10k deposit on the new gaff and spent the other 20k on new floors furniture and upgraded the car a few years later he sold Lucan for 290K moved to Celbridge 460K put down 60K deposit paid of the original loan put bought an appartment in Portugal done up his gaff changed the car .He is now seperated living back in the mothers the wife is getting the hap they lost everything .I met him at a funerala few years ago he said "Jasus John you were right I had a Gaff for nothing why move .?" Then I opened my big mouth but I told the truth .I said "Clondalkin wasent good enough for you when you thought you were paying for it not renting it .You only moved across the road I could hit your new house from my front garden with a golf ball using a Wood and Im a crap golfer .You thought Clondalkin wasent good enough for you but what difference did moving make .You still worked the same job your bird still shopped in Tesco your kids still went to the same schools played for the same team had the same mates .How was it a better area when the likes of you lived there .I swear he looked at me with tears on the inside and said It was her ,Her sister lived in Lucan so she wanted to live there and when the sister went to Celbridge she wanted to move .A lot of people moved without ever understanding they were not buying a house they were buying a Mortgage the house is not yours its the banks until the last cent that is owed is paid .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2018, 01:51:51 pm »
The beauty of credit - You never appreciate the value of a pound that you haven't earned.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2018, 01:55:59 pm »
Was down with the bro in law last year(Ballina/Killaloe)my missus told him that i never borrow for anything...he couldn't get over this,i'm convinced looking at our own neighbours and jobs they have that they must be up to their bollox in hock!!

john m

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2018, 02:06:21 pm »
The beauty of credit - You never appreciate the value of a pound that you haven't earned.

Rodent I fear for Future Punters .I stopped betting on a CC or Debit card if the bet is worth having its worth getting off the sofa and going to the bookies .Hitting the digits on a websit is easier than rooting in your pocket for a Ton in Bronze and placing it on the counter .I see drunk lads in the Pub betting in running on the Football its hard enough to for some of them to not piss on their shoes but still they are hitting digits .Much harder to spend your own hard earned than virtual future earnings which is what credit card spending really is .

Show Unread Posts