Author Topic: Man who assaulted taxi driver told to return with €5,000 compensation  (Read 2038 times)

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

https://www.leitrimobserver.ie/news/home/298864/man-who-assaulted-taxi-driver-told-to-return-with-5-000-compensation.html

“There are cases so serious a custodial sentence must be imposed. This is very much a borderline case,” said Judge John Aylmer prior to adjourning a District Court appeal brought by Laurence Corcoran against a four month custodial sentence for assaulting Timmy McManus at Bridge St, Carrick-on-Shannon on June 13, 2016.

Gda James Martin gave evidence of receiving a call in relation to a public order incident and an assault and upon meeting the victim, Timmy McManus, observed a cut over his eye and blood.

Gda Martin was informed that Mr McManus had been seated in the driver’s seat of his taxi when a male approached and hit the car. Upon asking ‘What did you do that for?’ Mr McManus received multiple blows to the face through an open window.

Gda Martin said the accused, Laurence Corcoran, Killygreagh House, Killygreagh, Killdallan, Ballyconnell, Co. Cavan was identified to him while Mr McManus continued with his fare.

Upon reaching his passenger’s destination Mr McManus became dizzy, suffered blurred vision and began to vomit and was subsequently brought to Sligo hospital by ambulance.

On October 8, 2016 the appellant met with Gardai by arrangement and exercised his right to silence, answering no questions.

Addressing the court, Mr McManus said he has a scar over his right eye and suffers from bad headaches.

Giving sworn evidence Mr McManus told the court, “It totally affected my work, I gave it up. The gentleman never even apologised to me. It was my first time ever to see him.”

The court heard Mr Corcoran was prepared to offer an apology and prepared to offer compensation of €1,000.

Judge  Aylmer adjourned proceedings until the May sitting of Carrick-on-Shannon Circuit Court with the appellant instructed to return with a sum of €5,000 if the original District Court verdict is to be overturned.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: Man who assaulted taxi driver told to return with €5,000 compensation
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 01:15:10 am »
€1,250/month or €3,000/month with time off for good behaviour.

Offline Belker

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 12:32:36 pm »
Fook the money ! Most of the accused are drug dealers with plenty access to cash.
Lock de Kount up is the only way to teach him a lesson and protect us.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 12:39:18 pm »
Give us guns and we'll protect ourselves... Donald Trump would!

Offline silverbullet

• You don't want to do it like that
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2018, 07:58:32 pm »
Give us guns and we'll protect ourselves... Donald Trump would!
A guy tried a runner on a taxi driver in New York, but unfortunately the driver caught him.

The driver pulled out a .38 Smith & Wesson, then forced the runner to drop his trousers and underpants.

The Runner - shaking - said "what are ya g- g- onna do ?

Driver says "I'm going to blow your godamned ball's off"

The Runnner started pleading with him "Please sir give me a chance"

Taxi driver thought for a few seconds...

and  said...

OK, Swing 'em!! 8)

Show Unread Posts