Author Topic: Taxi broken in to  (Read 7034 times)

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
Taxi broken in to
« on: March 10, 2018, 01:54:50 pm »
My taxi was broken into this morning after the night shift.Back fly window broken...car contents in disarray and coin's left over floor.I would say the fukkers were left with a big smile on their gombeen faces as they left with nothing.
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline Shallowhal

Re: Taxi broken in to
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 02:15:57 pm »
After a night shift...what time did you get home at?

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 03:02:50 pm »
Got home at 4.30...Went to bed at 5.30...Was pissing out of the heavens ...They pulled the back Ash tray out even.They knew where to  look for the cash wad.But I would never leave money in car.dDidn't even take the loose coin's available.Wheres a cheap place to get a fly back window for a 06 Avensis.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 03:08:06 pm by Cool Boola »
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 03:10:29 pm »
Got home at 4.30...Went to bed at 5.30...Was pissing out of the heavens ...They pulled the back Ash tray out even.They knew where to  look for the cash wad.But I would never leave money in car.dDidn't even take the loose coin's available.Wheres a cheap place to get a fly back window for a 06 Avensis.
Midnight motors is a great place, or just take Silverbullets

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2018, 04:15:43 pm »
Where does he live....ha ha
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2018, 04:21:37 pm »
I caught a fella trying to get into my car a few weeks ago at 3.10am, the CCTV pinged my phone when he jumped the wall. He was gone out of the driveway when I went out after him. He didn't break the window though, cheeky little fucker just claimed he was gargled.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2018, 04:45:33 pm »
Are Summer hill spares still in Coolock?They supplied and fitted two fly windows for me on the oul Primera for 50 quid each.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2018, 05:14:32 pm »
Happened to me back when I lived up above in Dublin. Three cabs on the road had broken windows. I lost about £30 in coin as I, uncharacteristically, left my coin box in the car. The Gardai sent out the forensic team in their white suits anall and they reported finding no fingerprints - in a fukkin taxi! I got the window replaced on the insurance and got back to work that evening, when one of my clients found the empty coin box on the back seat. Fair play, says I, you should apply to be a forensic detective! Alas, my coins were never recovered.

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2018, 05:30:03 pm »
Can't get the window replaced 2day....The Panda car hasn't turned up 4 hours after calling them.Wondering will I get away with a plastic sleeve cut out an a bit of sticky tape 2 nite as it will be a busy one.
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline Tony

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2018, 05:43:32 pm »
I caught a fella trying to get into my car a few weeks ago at 3.10am, the CCTV pinged my phone when he jumped the wall. He was gone out of the driveway when I went out after him. He didn't break the window though, cheeky little fucker just claimed he was gargled.

What kinda cctv system do you have that's sends you a text to let you know your getting robbed?
Mr. T-bag to you

Offline watty

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2018, 05:44:37 pm »
Can't get the window replaced 2day....The Panda car hasn't turned up 4 hours after calling them.Wondering will I get away with a plastic sleeve cut out an a bit of sticky tape 2 nite as it will be a busy one.
Do the math, as the Americans might say.  If a potential fine was gonna be €60 - are you likely to earn more than that?  If the answer is yes, go to work!

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2018, 06:05:48 pm »

What kinda cctv system do you have that's sends you a text to let you know your getting robbed?

This one Tony

https://www.netatmo.com/en-US/product/security/presence

It's expensive but doesn't give many false alarms.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2018, 07:54:07 pm »
I found an app called Manything.You download it on an old android(maybe apple too) device and using yer WiFi it turns the device into a camera.It's free except for recording but it sends me a notification if it detects movement.I can see what the camera sees on my mobile when I'm out an about.I just use it to keep an eye on the dog but I'm sure yous could get better use out of it if yer living in the sticks.

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2018, 08:18:49 pm »
That sounds very interesting. Merc.
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2018, 12:40:12 pm »

I've seen immigrants driving taxis with cling film (well, probably pallet wrap) on the windows. It's only a fly window, a bit of hardboard or cardboard will do as a temporary fix.

Show Unread Posts