Author Topic: We're Going on Strike  (Read 18687 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
We're Going on Strike
« on: March 12, 2018, 03:45:11 pm »
Taxi drivers protesting against the College Green partial ban between 7am and 10am have threatened further action if the decision is not reversed. This morning's protest was very well attended with up to 60 full-time drivers representing the combined membership of all of the national and local unions.

http://www.98fm.com/Well-Go-On-Strike--Dublin-Taxi-Drivers-Threats-On-Dublin-Talks

john m

Re: We're Going on Strike
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 04:16:17 pm »
Complaining about earning more money .He could of turned Left down Parnell Street onto Capel Street over the bridge around the back of the castle onto Golden Lane dropped at the Hairy lemmon but that would be the short way .

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 05:04:25 pm »
I've a job lot of buckets that i can hand out...ifn they're needed!!

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 05:09:20 pm »
Either way, he has to modify the route so it's not the tried and tested path he's familiar with. In practice, Google will find the most efficient route for us I guess.

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2018, 05:54:42 pm »
We have to organise this... proper..What type of sandwedges are ya bringing 2 morrow...I will get the wife to make a assortment of turkey and salad...egg...jam on brown..and crisps in white...for the fussy
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2018, 06:00:00 pm »
Would it be beneficial to get someone elected onto D.C.C.?

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2018, 06:04:19 pm »
When is the strike?I thought I read somewhere about a TTnh strike.

john m

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2018, 06:13:10 pm »
When is the strike?I thought I read somewhere about a TTnh strike.

Did you not hear you missed it . Funny how this is an issue but 1600 new drivers being recruit into the industry dosent seem to matter even though there are no vehicles for them to drive .There was no protest when they made the New Nutts one way preventing drivers from turning if they had a job going east now they have to pick up on the Nutts drive over the cobbles turn left back up to Cufe Street on to Stephens green South then turn left and possibly left again to get on to Dawson Street then right and left onto Nassau Street and off you go unless you turned left onto Merrion Row .either way no mention of this detour fromthe Reps .Hard to know what actually constitutes a detour in Repworld .
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 06:22:14 pm by john m »

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2018, 06:21:16 pm »
1600 new drivers won't be getting kesh passes so why would they give a shite.They're operating in a closed shop.

john m

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2018, 06:27:26 pm »
1600 new drivers won't be getting kesh passes so why would they give a shite.They're operating in a closed shop.

1600newly qualified drivers will be headed to the courts to have the moritorium removed ,hard to justify it if you have trained the drivers .I will come back to my old warning .Clare County Council recieved 30K to look into driverless cars or UBER type services in their area .Remember Minister Ross said he would not allow unlicenced DRIVERS operate .The ECJ ruled that UBER type services must be regulated a first step in regulation could be licencing drivers it would also raise funds for the NTA .

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2018, 06:29:42 pm »
None of that makes sense.Serves me right for responding to yer shite.

john m

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2018, 06:32:49 pm »
None of that makes sense.Serves me right for responding to yer shite.

Really 1600 new drivers being recruited Why there are no vehicles for them to drive So there are only two reasons torecruit more drivers 1 you want more taxies if soyou must make themavailable or 2 you want more qualified psv drivers to operate their own vehicles .UBER type rideshare is NOT illegal it just must be regulated .

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2018, 06:36:13 pm »
There are plenty of rentals sitting empty for various reasons.They'll be driving rentals.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2018, 06:37:58 pm »
Funny how this is an issue but 1600 new drivers being recruit into the industry dosent seem to matter even though there are no vehicles for them to drive.

The Ebbsess are looking after that....."we'll supply the jammers if youse supply the drivers.....cushty!!"

john m

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2018, 06:43:03 pm »
Funny how this is an issue but 1600 new drivers being recruit into the industry dosent seem to matter even though there are no vehicles for them to drive.

The Ebbsess are looking after that....."we'll supply the jammers if youse supply the drivers.....cushty!!"

They even changed the rules one individual can apply for as many WAT grants as he wants and Mytaxi will even add a grand to it .With cheap second hand WATs and grants its cheaper now than ever to get into this industry .

Show Unread Posts