Author Topic: We're Going on Strike  (Read 18692 times)

Offline silverbullet

• You don't want to do it like that
Re: We're Going on Strike
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2018, 11:10:45 pm »
Maybe the scumbag cab companies could advocate Sham marriages, perhaps even with a few of their FBC,s posing as the Brides.
@ 7K a pop, you'd have 1600 Pakistani and Afghan Gents in no time.

dalymount

« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2018, 09:21:43 am »
if the rat is right about what Joe heron said, (and I don't know if he is or not) then I would have serious concerns about his ability to represent his members who are currently aligned to his orginisatuon.
if fact there are implications for ALL of us if this man is actively advising the NAT that we need more drivers.
however, as I said, I don't know if the rat is correct or not.
i would find it hard to believe

dalymount

« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2018, 09:33:57 am »
i have just read the report of what Joe heron said, and I think it was completely unnecessary to make such a statement.

all this will do , is help to fan the flames, and encourage the NTA to continue with their recruitment drive.

I'm very surprised at an industry representative making such a statement, I wonder now, who's interest does he have at heart.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2018, 12:01:59 pm »
I'm not sure why you question whether I am right or not. I'm always right and, on this occasion, I am merely reporting substantiated fact. It's not something he said once, he launched a structured campaign across the national media. This was done before NTA unveiled it's recruitment drive hence it was clearly intended to pave the way for said recruitment drive.

Whatever you might think of Joe, he's not thick. He didn't forget about the licence fee increase and he was well aware of how insurance premium increases impacted on drivers. It doesn't take a whole lot of imagination to conclude that the dispatchers were pulling his strings.

john m

« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2018, 12:13:15 pm »
Rodent Back to my Favourite Subject Rideshare .Shane Ross TD Minister for Transport has stated on the record he would not allow unlicenced DRIVERS carry passengers for profit .there was an advertisement recently for people in Kildare to apply to get a SPSV drivers licence . .Why would the NTA be advertising location specific unless there is a plan for the provision of some sort of vehicle for these newly qualified drivers .Ialways like to look at all parts of the puzzle .There was a recent post about drivers in Letterkenny who were offering 5 euro being done by the taxiwhatsit for not using the meter for nearly ten years ..The best way to make sure both drivers and users cancontinue to avail of the supply of the 5 euro local is to provide for it in legislation by the provision of Rideshare .The local taxi drivers can then rent their plate to a driver in the Metropolis and save on suitability and bypass the 9 year rule .A win win for everybody .Cheaper trips for passengers reduced costs for rural drivers plus a few quid from plate rental and an ample supply of rental plates for new Metropolitan drivers .

dalymount

« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2018, 12:14:08 pm »
i have to tell you, I was completely shocked when I read the report.
i cannot believe this man is still leader of the orginisatuon he proports to represent.
i also cannot believe there has been no move this man from office

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2018, 12:23:10 pm »
They represent a minority of drivers but have way too much access to the media.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2018, 12:23:52 pm »
The other unions - some of which are also represented on TAC - are remarkably quiet about the recruitment drive. Instead they choose to protest about a 3 hour partial ban from College Green. Even on that protest they got Dave Knox to address the media for them. As I'm sure you're aware, Dave is an habitual double jobber who is currently promoting Flag, a new app based dispatch firm.

john m

« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2018, 12:26:08 pm »
i have to tell you, I was completely shocked when I read the report.
i cannot believe this man is still leader of the orginisatuon he proports to represent.
i also cannot believe there has been no move this man from office

Why would they remove him he is doing great work for the people he works for .The KESH thats what it is all about the lads in there probably cover 1 job an hour the protest is about then losing about ten minutes on the journey due to the College Gate changes which could cost them 1 job a day .Now another little thing Joe knows is if there is a shortage of taxies in Dublin City somebody in the NTA might ask where are all the taxies and it might expose the big carpark out at the airport and then the likes of Cuffe or Monty might ask is this for real .Taxi drivers que up there waiting for work then drive  back empty wasting fuel and creating emissions  and congestion while drivers who have dropped off return to the City Empty creating congestion and wastefull emissions ..What is really happening is the reps are making sure that there is never any shortage of taxies that might bring the evel eye on their closed shop .They dont give a fuck if there are a few thousand extra drivers or cars as long as there are no changes in the KESH they maintain their business model .Couldnt be simpler to understand .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2018, 12:37:30 pm »
Why would they remove him .

He's either incompetent or corrupt, take your pick.

john m

« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2018, 12:43:12 pm »
Why would they remove him .

He's either incompetent or corrupt, take your pick.

Or very compedent in representing what he represents .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2018, 12:45:33 pm »
If he represents dispatch operators, yes. Don't forget half the work that DAA licensed drivers get is work the (app) dispatch firms can't cover hence they need more drivers.

dalymount

« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2018, 12:49:06 pm »
i find it difficult to understand why the existing drivers (forget about the kesh) have not expressed any critisim of a so called union leader who has clearly acted against their interest.Mr Joe Heron I ask you to come on here and justify your actions

john m

« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2018, 12:55:02 pm »
If he represents dispatch operators, yes. Don't forget half the work that DAA licensed drivers get is work the (app) dispatch firms can't cover hence they need more drivers.

Itch and Scratch .We will scratch your itch if you stay clear of our Kesh .Why have the big App providers never challenged the restricted practice .The review clearly stated that the Minister wanted ALL drivers alligned with a dispatcher and taxies available at all transport hubs .

dalymount

« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2018, 12:55:45 pm »
there could be something in what rat says.
dispatchers get more drivers, union gets more members, NTA gets more money licences, and at the same time satisfies public demand for more taxis. everyone's a winner,  except the poor plans like us

Show Unread Posts