Author Topic: Relegation  (Read 11341 times)

john m

Relegation
« on: March 14, 2018, 05:58:40 pm »
What Price Chelsea or Arsenalto be playing in the Championship in two years .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: Relegation
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 06:06:16 pm »
4/11
Max Stake £/€5. T&Cs apply.

john m

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 06:48:10 pm »
I wonder if you could catch a bookie for huge odds .the real price is about 400/1 but Mrs May has put a block on some Russian Billionairs so there wont be much Russian cash available for transfers or wages and both Chelsea and Arsenaldepend on Roubles fromtheir Russian owners

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 02:13:21 pm »
You might get huge odds but they won't take the kinda stake I offered you.

Offline Belker

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2018, 09:19:24 am »

I'll lay a Nifty at Tens.

john m

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2018, 12:57:38 pm »

I'll lay a Nifty at Tens.

Your all Bookie Ken I was hoping for about 500/1

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2018, 01:36:28 pm »
Yee could split the difference, a ton @ 255/1?

Offline Belker

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2018, 04:21:59 am »
Your best bet John M is to back them both at the start of each of the next Two seasons to be relegated.
Ya should get about 500/1 fer each, probably more if you use the Betfair exchange.

john m

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2018, 05:43:03 am »
Your best bet John M is to back them both at the start of each of the next Two seasons to be relegated.
Ya should get about 500/1 fer each, probably more if you use the Betfair exchange.

If the Russian money dries up their gates wont cover wages Ken and the guts  will fall out of it faster than a kid full of dihorea .Abramovich is tired of playing with chelsea no new players or squad improvement this season .Huge wage bill if they are out of Europe next year will he pony up ?500/1 Chelsea to go downmight be a sporting wager .

Offline Belker

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2018, 06:12:56 am »
I can't really see the Russian money drying up but ya never know ?

Chelsea were big in the Sixties and Seventies, I remember it well being born 'n reared within a stones throw of Stamford bridge.
But they spent many years playing Second division football until the Russian came along, if'n his cash/oil were to dry up then it would be no big surprise to see Chelsea return to Second tier football. 500/1 is indeed a sporting wager.

john m

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2018, 06:28:17 am »
I read an article about Chelsea Abramovich has put fuck all money into it all he done was guarenteed any debt owed by the club .His interest is in the Pitch at Stamford Bridge its prime building land in chelsea .A pent house appartment there could run you 25 million .He tried to buy Battersey Power Station from NAMA and hoped to move the club to play there and develope the Stamford Bridge site his developement was priced at 4 Billion but he couldnt get Battersey or Planning but thats his ganme he is a Property speculator not a football man .Arsenal already developed Highbury .Chelsea is prime building land and the relegation will speed upits development .Wimbledon was another example of London based developers killing off a football club ,what are they called now Milton Keans Dons .We saw it here as well Rovers out of Milltown ,Drogheda moved to make way for a supermarket even Bohs were trying to sell Dalymount the Old Home of Irish International Football .As I said if Russian Money dries up Chelsea FC go broke and Abramovich and his company still own the land .I think mighty teams of the past like Leeds United have sold their ground to developers and are only tennents until planning is got for a new developement .Chelsea to be relegated in the next two years @500/1 for a few scores ciould give you a few weeks of excitement .

Offline Belker

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2018, 06:36:01 am »
Indeed so John M, I never thought that I would see the day that 'White city' or 'Hackney' would fall,
but Fall they did and are both Apartments or Supermarkets today.

john m

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2018, 07:15:40 am »
Baldoyle Rcecourse and the Park are both Housing Estates and Harolds Cross is going to be built on .Chelsea was always going to be developed the Russia thing in the UKmight just speed it up but first they need to downgrade the club from European Champions to also rans like Leeds or Forest or Aston Villa .Sport is dieing to much of it on telly and the bookies have killed off the punt .UK National hunt racing is stone dead .Try get £500 on a horse @ Huntington on a Tuesday the bookies will tell you to go fuck off if you try for an off course touch the bookies computer system will flash it up so you cant get a bet to even try to cover your costs of keeping a horse in training .This is obvious when you look at the Cheltenham results over the last few years if you are going to keep a horse keep it in Ireland at least the Irish bookies on track will lay you a bet and the compedative nature of the game here lets them get a few good things overturned .Flat racing at the top level is also fucked O Brien and Gosden have it sewn up .The Arabs copped on a few years back when Ballydoyle wouldnt use Darley Stallions that it was a closed shop and dont really bother trying to compete anymore in a rigged game .I was talking to a mate of Timmy Hydes who said things are so bad in the Thoroughbread market that Ballydoyle are buying in most of the Galilaoes themselves before they go to market as nobody wants them .They have a monopoly on the top tier of international racing and it makes no sence to invest the lad in England who owned the last years Oaks winner and the previous Derby winner is an owner breader .Sport is fucked it is now just a commodity that provides moving pictures for the betting industry with the possibility that it is more random than a slot machine .Watch next weeks Irish Grand National half the field will be trained or owned by Mullins Elliott .Mc Manus or O Leary .Little chance for the little man to even get some of the place money .Sport is now a proper investors platform if you can seperate yourself from the emotion .Cambridge were 1/4 to win the womens boatrace the real odds were N.O . Vettel was 6/1 to win this years drivers championship in a two horse race his odds have to shorten at some stage during the year and you could trade out at a small profit .The bookies are betting on everything all you need to do is focus on one sport or event and its your knowledge against the kid they employ to do the sums and thats your advantage knowledge over maths

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2018, 02:17:29 pm »
Sentences....paragraphs...etc...all coming from the man whose wife installed a mirror on the ceiling so her husband could see her having a fucking headache.

john m

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2018, 10:05:14 am »
Former Chelsea chief executive Trevor Birch believes the reported delayed renewal of Roman Abramovich's visa is linked to the redevelopment of Stamford Bridge being put on hold.
The Premier League club have announced that plans to turn the ground into a new 60,000-seater stadium have been put on ice.

And Birch, responsible for selling Chelsea to Russian Abramovich, said: "I wasn't really surprised (by the news) because it's obviously linked to the visa situation.

"There have been some rising costs in the stadium and it's a difficult project to deliver, but I think this is clearly Roman upping the ante in the spat with the Home Office."

Birch continued: "We've moved into a different phase now.

"If the visa issue isn't resolved I think anything could happen. I think there's obviously a great deal of concern around at the moment.

"The Chelsea fans now face the prospect of no stadium, no manager and no star player if Eden Hazard moves to Real Madrid.

"But I think it's eminently sellable as a club, based in west London. With TV rights increasing, if Manchester United is valued at over £3billion I think Chelsea is valued at £1.5billion - and very attractive."

However, Birch added: "Of course to maintain the value of his (Abramovich) investment he needs to invest in players - and he didn't last season."

Show Unread Posts