Author Topic: Mind your backs  (Read 14506 times)

john m

Re: Mind your backs
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2018, 06:35:23 pm »
i see the drivers want to give YET ANOTHER FUCKING APPS foothold into the game, this crowd flag.

in the north of Ireland, its compulsory to be aligned to a radio company. that is not the case here, but the drivers are  making it become that way.

It is Government policy that ALL drivers be aligned and we gocashless did you not read the review .

dalymount

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2018, 06:46:51 pm »
yes its government POLICY, but its not government law.

it is merely an aspiration that Alan Kelly  expressed at the time he junior minister, but it never became law.

i actually wrote to Alan Kelly at the time, and assured him that although i was not involved in any represintitve capacity, i, along with others would go all over this country trying to persuade taxi drivers who wished to remain independent, to oppose any moves to make us align ourselves with any company
i still feel as strongly today

Online Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2018, 11:43:45 pm »
It'd be hard to work the suburbs up above in Dublin without working for a dispatch firm. The kids of today are too fat and lazy to walk to a main road to hail a cab. To be fair, why would they? If you're taking a cab take it from A to B, not from A.34 to A.98. Don't forget we get paid for picking them up and it's our job.

Offline U Wha

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2018, 12:38:28 am »
I was well aware of Daimler's autonomous vehicle ambitions, Doc. In fact it was one of Daimler's brand CEOs that coined the phrase "airbnb on wheels". We can't halt progress but we can work to secure our place in the future.

with flag?

Online Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2018, 10:56:15 am »
mytaxi, Flag, Uber, Get, Lyft, Link, Whistle, etc... the more the merrier.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2018, 11:21:23 am »
When I was running Uber and Hailo together my mobile was having a bit of a siezure...All flag needs is a bit of work and grumpy feckers like me will just leave on the app that's the cheapest to use.It's no fun running multiple apps and trying to control a car in traffic.Some might say it's even dangerous.

john m

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2018, 11:25:22 am »
When I was running Uber and Hailo together my mobile was having a bit of a siezure.All flag needs is a bit of work and grumpy feckers like me will just leave on the app that's the cheapest to use.It's no fun running multiple apps and trying to control a car in traffic.Some might say it's even dangerous.
Im sure some of the tech wizzards who couldnt create a proper app could get us all to agree only to run their app as part of their t&cs and write some sort of blocking code .On safety grounds as you staed .No problem is solvable to these guys .

Offline U Wha

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2018, 05:40:06 pm »
mytaxi, Flag, Uber, Get, Lyft, Link, Whistle, etc... the more the merrier.

just curious, how will we secure our future with commercial apps dispatchers?

dalymount

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2018, 09:33:57 pm »
by taking back control of YOUR industry,and eliminating these unnecessary control freaks from the industry

Offline U Wha

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2018, 11:32:37 pm »
by taking back control of YOUR industry,and eliminating these unnecessary control freaks from the industry

Oh ok never would have thought of that.

john m

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2018, 06:56:05 am »

Oh ok never would have thought of that.

FFS When are you going to stop Horsing that dead Flog nobody wants a co op app .Just look at the diverse opinions on here about FLAG or UBER or MEtaxi .

john m

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2018, 07:17:50 am »
I was well aware of Daimler's autonomous vehicle ambitions, Doc. In fact it was one of Daimler's brand CEOs that coined the phrase "airbnb on wheels". We can't halt progress but we can work to secure our place in the future.

with flag?

FLAG will struggle to survive and keep their driver promise 6% commission is not viable . There is a huge doubt being raised in my mind about this new venture .Who is financing it with 5 euro per job for  driver bonus and bonus on offer to passengers there must be investors putting up a pot and investors must have an alterior motive as 6% before CC service charges tech staff office staff never mind a marketing budget ,the figures just dont add up 6% is not viable to offer any sort of return on investment .So now Im wondering who is bankrolling this operation .

If I was to guesstimate on the Dublin taxi Market MEtaxi has about 16% of the market with NRC on about 1% Lynk on about .7 UBER on .00006% Cant see FLAG doing 2% .Drivers are creatures of habbitt they will download the app and run it along side Metaxi and as soon as they realize Metaxi are the ones with the work they will turn it off .The Big winners in the Irish e hail market will be metaxi and UBER the smaller dispatchers will just be parocial .

Online Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2018, 01:08:03 pm »
You're overthinking it, erm. It has made a pledge to drivers that it will never increase commission. I haven't read the driver T&Cs but I assume that the pledge is contained therein and, as such, is a legal obligation the company has to every single driver until he dies/retires.

Offline Bubba Ho-Tep

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2018, 02:05:47 pm »
100% WAVs .......

Online Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2018, 02:08:43 pm »
If the current temporary moratorium on the issue of saloon plates is never lifted, we will get there (or as close as makes no difference) in due course. However, the only WAVs currently joining the fleet have dirty diesel engines so they may be responsible for creating as many raspberries as they serve.

Show Unread Posts