Author Topic: How do you do discount HSE work  (Read 14561 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: How do you do discount HSE work
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2018, 03:55:57 pm »
I'm not sure, I just priced the list SB compiled. You could probably add another €10-12 for all the little things he overlooked... licence fees, etc. I know drivers who work for mytaxi qualify for free leisure ware if they achieve Ambassador status but they have to cover their car with the company livery, provide mytaxi clients with Champagne and Frerro Rochers and sing the company song at the start of every 14 hour shift. When I worked for C2K the uniforms were free and freight was €90 including all bribery/credit costs.

I did participate in a free trial with Xpert a few years back. As far as I recall we got free shirts... based on my experience at that time, I'd be extremely surprised if drivers aren't getting at least a grand Mon-Fri.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 04:01:18 pm by Rat Catcher »

john m

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2018, 04:42:12 pm »
Diesel €100 (assuming you'd need to fill up twice a week to cover €1,000 of work).
Car €60 (€3,000/year)
Uniform €4 (€200/year)
Insurance €50 (€2,500/year)
Freight/Commission/Bribery €110 (?)

€1,000-€324=€676

Socialcharge .Income tax should mop up the odd 76 so 600 a week divided by 60 hours = 10,00 an hour .Oxfam the charity that fucks refugees are paying street fundraisers 11.25 an hour .As a committed Hippy what price on your health sitting a yard behind an active exhaust pipe spewing filth into the air conditioner of the wreck you are driving .Big Dommos  RIP overweight Grandson was getting 15 an hour into his hand working as a Santy over the Christmas .
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 05:19:01 pm by john m »

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2018, 07:24:32 pm »
silvermost of the costs you mansion the drivers would not have if they went out and got their own work and told the scumbag radio owners to stick their radios where the sun dont shine. its really not hard to find street work

"Scumbag" An ejaculated semen holder, hardly a nice thing to call a fellow human being, while telling other drivers what they should do. Most despatch company owners are ex taxi drivers who saw a business oppurtunity to provide a much used middle man between client and driver, the need for this human intervention has been superseded by technology. All taxi drivers are working on their own in the car, and no significant number have ever had any desire to unite, long term, towards a common objective. It is an industry of independant sole traders with different working agendas. Significant employment offered by the despatch companies is being lost, as in many other industries, to technology.
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

dalymount

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2018, 07:35:29 pm »
you must be one such owner, or investor in one of these SUCMBAG radio companies since you speak so highly of them.you, like so many more in the industry probably do not have the capability of working on your own initiative,  and need to be told what to do.very sad

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2018, 09:51:26 pm »
A service to provide non street pick ups is essential, and unfortunately the state leaves this to private enterprise. It also allows private enterprise to supply your tyres, fuel, and car service requirements. All decisions as to whether to use these are left to the driver. I have no reason to believe that despatch company owners are not kind to their mothers and leave a few quid for the VDP at Christmas. I believe that a few even do voluntary work in the community. Live and let live. Your rhetoric to date would not inspire confidence as a unifying force.
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

john m

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2018, 10:15:02 pm »
A service to provide non street pick ups is essential, and unfortunately the state leaves this to private enterprise. It also allows private enterprise to supply your tyres, fuel, and car service requirements. All decisions as to whether to use these are left to the driver. I have no reason to believe that despatch company owners are not kind to their mothers and leave a few quid for the VDP at Christmas. I believe that a few even do voluntary work in the community. Live and let live. Your rhetoric to date would not inspire confidence as a unifying force.

+1

dalymount

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2018, 10:30:25 pm »
maybe I would not inspire unity, but at least I'm capable of finding my own work, and do not need to be treated like an employee by a scumbag radio company.you, however appear to be incapable of working on your own inititive .you say your a sole trader, did Mr Kelly, Kearns, or Ebbs give you permission to say that ? ha ha

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2018, 11:10:26 pm »
Diesel €100 (assuming you'd need to fill up twice a week to cover €1,000 of work).
Car €60 (€3,000/year)
Uniform €4 (€200/year)
Insurance €50 (€2,500/year)
Freight/Commission/Bribery €110 (?)

€1,000-€324=€676
If you're a down and out in Newmarket Square, you're looking at €420 for car and insurance.

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2018, 02:10:06 am »
Daly, you've said previously that you don't need to earn much to survive. Other drivers need a lot to survive. Every driver is different and we all have different modus operandi as to how we all earn our monies.

I've made my own work and have a great business with a large American company but that work isn't everyday. Plus there are drivers that like to change their shifts or don't like working certain times due to the clientelle.

In my own case, I can work for 5 or 6 hours a day and make enough but someone else might need 10 hours to make the same amount.

It's all business and your business model would be akin to a Spar Shop only selling Spar products. Look how that worked for Lidl/Aldi when they first opened, they have now expanded their ranges and carry a good few branded products on their shelves, Tayto crisps, Coca Cola to name just a few

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2018, 08:52:37 am »
Dalymount what's the story are you the chap that owned the other forum that got closed down?.It's like ya woke up from a coma and yer pissed off.All these things have been happening gradually over the last 5 years.Just saying...

dalymount

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2018, 01:11:32 pm »
vikkiz
i most certainly am  not questioning what shift a driver works, or how long he works, or even what area he works. what i am questioning however is, why drivers allow these scumbags to treat them as though they were employees.

drivers have given up the right to operate their business on an independent basis to a bunch of crooks who continue to treat them like dirt by laying down rules that drivers must adhere to.

my point is, the only function of a taxi radio company is the provision of work to the drivers who align themselves with it.
their remit does not extend to insisting drivers wear a particular type of clothing [ie uniforms] for which the driver must pay, it does not extent to offering discounts on the drivers behalf to customers , it most certainly does not extend to disiplianing drivers for giving back heavily discounted work, and now im told that you even have to more or less apply for your holidays  ?

what i am respectfully suggesting to the drivers is, you dont need them, but they do need you.so why are you giving them the power to run this industry.
if there were none of these companies there would still be the same amount of work, but it would be a level playing field

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2018, 01:25:26 pm »
If we don't embrace credit cards 100% we're gonna keep getting hammered by the apps.

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2018, 02:26:55 pm »
Cab companies have been around for a long time now and will be around for a while longer. They provide a service to people looking for taxis and accounts for companies.
In regards to uniforms and discounts, if a driver aligns themselves to a company then they accept to wear the uniform.  I have had no problem wearing a uniform while with a cab company. At least the drivers looked more professional than some lads in jeans and good and others in tracksuits and football jerseys. Certain businesses like to see a bit of professionalism in the industry and so do I.

During the recession, cab companies done what they did to drum up business, as shops do have a sale ( have you never bought anything on sale, or even in a different country because it was cheaper??)

dalymount

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2018, 02:43:03 pm »
yes your right. during the resession cab companies done what they could to drum up business. like one cab company in particular has its drivers illegally standing for hire in the forecourt of numerous Dublin city hotels, and even threatening any driver whois not aligned to them, not to dare pick up from that hotel.
this is just one example of the type of hardman approach adopted by at least one of these companies. is this the type of professionalism your talking about? as for the wearing of tracksuits etc etc i agree,but i think its fair to say those days are largely gone now, and most independent drivers reconise, and respetc that and dress approapriatly 

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2018, 02:49:54 pm »
Bullying isnt acceptable at all but they had paid for the right to park outside said hotel for their drivers to earn some money.
Plus for the customer, if anything happrned it could be traced back to a driver as opposed to just a driver in a Skoda Octavia

Show Unread Posts