Author Topic: How do you do discount HSE work  (Read 14725 times)

dalymount

Re: How do you do discount HSE work
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2018, 06:25:48 pm »
well if they paid, then they are guilty of a FURTHER illegal act.
i would seriously suggest you read the Dublin street vehicle document as published by Dublin city council . in it you find the legislation regarding the illegal standing for hire.
it clearly specifies the places where taxis can stand for hire, and hotel car parks is not one of them.
these regulations are agreed in conjuction with national transport authority rules also.
as regards the company paying for them to stand for hire, can you please explain why the NTA enforcement officers have brought successful prosecutions against these drivers for just such activity ?

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2018, 06:34:42 pm »
No I can't explain anything Daly. Why don't you ask the NTA

dalymount

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2018, 07:10:32 pm »
i have done so, and Mr Fullerton assured me that my observations were correct, but in order to establish that a driver is illegally standing for hire, an enforcement officer has to engage that driver as a fare, in order to secure a successful prosecution .

the NTA have gone to court on a number of occasions in relation to this matter.
at the end of the day these drivers acting illegally are potentially stealing your work, and you defend them as being professional ? if your happy with that level of professionalism, then who am i to argue

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2018, 07:48:33 pm »
These drivers certainly ain't stealing my work. I rarely do hotel work unless it's a prebooking

dalymount

« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2018, 10:35:56 pm »
thats not what i meant. what im saying is, because they are camped in the hotel car park, they are taking the work coming out of the hotel instead of it getting as far as the street, and as a result, you could be the looser

Offline Belker

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2018, 08:41:29 am »
A service to provide non street pick ups is essential, and unfortunately the state leaves this to private enterprise. It also allows private enterprise to supply your tyres, fuel, and car service requirements. All decisions as to whether to use these are left to the driver. I have no reason to believe that despatch company owners are not kind to their mothers and leave a few quid for the VDP at Christmas. I believe that a few even do voluntary work in the community. Live and let live. Your rhetoric to date would not inspire confidence as a unifying force.

+1

Well put Harry !
+ 2

Offline Belker

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2018, 08:51:08 am »
thats not what i meant. what im saying is, because they are camped in the hotel car park, they are taking the work coming out of the hotel instead of it getting as far as the street, and as a result, you could be the looser

Your a 'Tree-hugger' Dalymount, your not living in the real world.

Do you complain in Centra when your buying your milk fer a Euro ?
Knowing that they buy it in fer 50 cents !

Do you complain in Topaz when buying your fuel fer 1.30 per liter ?
Knowing that they buy it in fer .70 cent per liter !

Everything costs, including Radio and App Taxi work, staff have to be
paid as does rent/lecky, Etc, Etc..

Nobody is making a fortune, if there were then we would all be doing it !

Offline Belker

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2018, 09:05:22 am »
when will you accept, THE FUCKING DRIVERS are giving these discounts, not the scumbag radio companies. they only claim the  credit for it. they are a bit like my wife, very generous,she would give you my last pound

Is it Compulsory to use Radio and App Taxi work in Dooblin ?
Do they force ye to wear uniforms and pay base subs and commission costs ?

Down here in Cork, it's a lot simpler, ya can pick and choose which base or app that
you wish to work with, and you don't Have to work any of them if you don't wish to.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2018, 11:20:33 am »
Fullerton doesn't know his arse from his elbow. NTA have no jurisdiction over private property.

dalymount

« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2018, 01:26:29 pm »
rat
i have to agree with you there, so much so that one could be forgiven for thinking that he to is on the payroll of a certain radio company who shall remain nameless

Offline Tony

« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2018, 01:44:49 pm »
Eddie fullofshite as I like to call the english wanker
Mr. T-bag to you

dalymount

« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2018, 03:40:46 pm »
not sure your right when you say NTA have no juristriction on private grounds, this has been a bone of contention for a long time now. DCC, and NTA make the point that a taxi can only stand for hire at an officially appointed taxi rank,or stand. and as a hotel car park is nether, anyone doing so is in breech of the rules. as i say, i dont know for sure, and am open to correction. john m usually has a view on this matter, as least he used to i dont know if he still does or not

Online watty

« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2018, 05:46:56 pm »
Did Uber or Hailo/MyTaxi have a private taxi stand inside the RDS for one of the Web Summits a few years back?  Did anything happen over that?  Did the NTA issue a strongly-worded letter or anything about it?

dalymount

« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2018, 12:15:56 pm »
i dont know, but when scab2000000000 tried to take over the burlo some years ago, fullerton arrived up with a letter telling them they could not do it as far as i remember

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2018, 02:15:22 pm »
The Burlington can do what it likes on it's own property. There are plenty of examples of private/restricted ranks including The Pavilions Shopping Centre, Clayton Hotel (Clonshaugh) and, of course, Dublin Airport.

Show Unread Posts