Author Topic: Eircab Taxi App  (Read 18465 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: Eircab Taxi App
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2018, 01:16:33 pm »
It's gone full circle. The old timers will tell you that getting flagged down on the street was a talking point before roof signs were introduced in the late 70s. The hackney trade evolved as street hails became commonplace and a taxi culture developed through the late 80s and 90s. Of course, entry liberalisation (2000) all but killed off the hackney trade in urban areas.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2018, 01:46:28 pm »
A massive part of the popularity of the apps is due to card payment options.As we have seen before all drivers have to do is turn off any app for a few weeks and the customers will walk to the street.That's how the PUC was returned.Apps are here to stay but only if we allow them.

dalymount

« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2018, 03:53:28 pm »
U wha
I see you referenced my post to Belker where I suggested to him that he should read my post again.
Im asuming your refering to the part where I said I never mentioned mytaxi  ?
If that is the case, then I suggest you ALSO read it again.
In it you will clearly see where I said I didnt mention mytaxi IN THIS PARTICULAR POST.having said that,I have read your post with interest regarding dispatchers,and I dont think we are a million miles away in our thinking.I think its fair to say we both have the same aspiration TI TAKE BACK CONTROL OF OUR INDUSTRY.the drivers are the only ones with the power to do this.
As I've always said, we can operate witgout them,but they cannot operate without us

dalymount

« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2018, 03:59:21 pm »
MFH
what you said,is the point I have been trying to make all along.if no app service is available,customers will have to come to the street.
People are not just going to stop using taxis just because they have to come out and hail.

Offline Murph2

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2018, 05:53:24 pm »
RC can you provide me with details of plates owed by White Dove Taxis. Thanks

Offline U Wha

« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2018, 05:56:48 pm »
U wha
I see you referenced my post to Belker where I suggested to him that he should read my post again.
In it you will clearly see where I said I didnt mention mytaxi IN THIS PARTICULAR POST.having said that,I have read your post with interest regarding dispatchers,and I dont think we are a million miles away in our thinking.I think its fair to say we both have the same aspiration TI TAKE BACK CONTROL OF OUR INDUSTRY.the drivers are the only ones with the power to do this.
As I've always said, we can operate witgout them,but they cannot operate without us

They will never bear us but we may beat ourselves

Offline Murph2

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2018, 06:34:44 pm »
RC can you provide me with details of plates owed by White Dove Taxis. Thanks
Got it sorted.

john m

« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2018, 11:02:57 pm »
U wha

A bad general can kill a  good army .

Offline Korky

« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2018, 12:19:41 am »
U wha

A bad general can kill a  good army .

A stitch in time, saves nine

Offline silverbullet

• You don't want to do it like that
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2018, 08:35:13 pm »
Avoid Cliches...like the Plague.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2018, 05:29:58 pm »
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Offline U Wha

« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2018, 05:18:08 pm »
I am going to close off the opportunity for drivers to put their names forward as special (founding) members of the co-op that will own and operate the 'eircab' app.

Anyone that is interested in putting their name forward but hasn't so far, please do so here on this thread by the 27th April 2018.

Their isn't a huge amount of effort required. The special members will discuss and agree the objects of the co-op, rules of membership and a basic plan that outlines the feasibility of the co-op.

A meeting room will be provided free of charge at IADT. The time and date of the first meeting will be posted here and subsequent meeting times may be agreed by the members at each meeting.

Hopefully have the eircab co-op ready for registration by September 2018.

If everyone agrees to proceed with the co-op, the special members will need to put up the funds to register the co-op (€500)and the creation of some basic promotional material.
Exactly how much, is up to the members to decide at a meeting. There are some grants available once the co-op is registered.

I will ask the other non forum drivers if they are OK with me posting their names here, so that everyone knows whats going on and can't complain later.

Links to what special members will need to do:

http://icos.ie/starting-a-co-op/start-a-co-op-flow-chart/

http://icos.ie/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/ICOS_Starting-a-New-Co-operative.pdf

http://icos.ie/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/ICOS_New-Co-op-Business-Plan-Template.pdf

Offline silverbullet

• You don't want to do it like that
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2018, 08:51:26 pm »

Offline Vikkiz

Offline U Wha

« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2018, 12:30:41 am »

Show Unread Posts