Author Topic: Mytaxi Topaz discounts.  (Read 9388 times)

Offline mercenary for hire

Mytaxi Topaz discounts.
« on: March 29, 2018, 12:23:52 pm »
I was just checking the news section of the app and if you buy 40 liters of fuel a week as an Ambassador you get an 8 cent per liter discount.Regular unbranded Mytaxi scum only get 4 cent discount.I'm no mathematician but that's only fukking €3.20 (or €1.60 a week for regular scum).And what's worse is I'm only using about 20 liters a week so I don't qualify for either.I find the offers a bit insulting as everything in Topaz is already too expensive.

So my question is how dumb to they think their drivers are?To put things in perspective for every 100 pick up charges they're taking in an extra €24.These things bother me especially when they're not paying scrub fees like they used to.There must be some folk in Mount street due for retirement soon if all they can do is get excited about such a miserly offer.Hungry fuks.

Offline Tony

Re: Mytaxi Topaz discounts.
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 12:58:58 pm »
I save 9c by not going near topaz.

As yesterday Topaz shitty west €129.9
Go on kylemore Rd €120.9
Mr. T-bag to you

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 02:23:43 pm »
I think Whistle drivers have a better deal. What are you driving these days Tony, my Octy only holds 50 litres (c.€60).

Offline Tony

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 03:10:40 pm »
I think Whistle drivers have a better deal. What are you driving these days Tony, my Octy only holds 50 litres (c.€60).

I have me laguna,  I had a sonata for a year but I didn't like it so I reverted back to the good ole reliable renno
Mr. T-bag to you

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 07:03:07 pm »
Applegreen, Maxol, or EMO. Never Topaz.

Offline Korky

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2018, 08:21:00 pm »
The ambassadors get a little more than 8c fuel discount, they also get a €100 topaz gift card, a free sum up credit card machine which currently has no charges... and another few bits ‘n pieces.
I suppose the biggest advantage is they get job offers a few seconds ahead of regular drivers.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2018, 10:03:10 pm »
That would go only partially in offsetting their exorbitant car repayments.
Leaving them with the same Nett earnings as someone driving a shitbox.

Offline Korky

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2018, 04:36:20 am »
That would go only partially in offsetting their exorbitant car repayments.
Leaving them with the same Nett earnings as someone driving a shitbox.

Do ambassadors need a certain type of car? There’s a 04 Corolla stickered up locally here, I doubt his payments are extortionate

Offline Jack Meoff

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2018, 08:27:18 am »
Any heap of shit will do I’d say

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2018, 08:34:26 am »
I never understood how they got the cars through suitability.Are they bribing someone in the NTA because full car wraps don't pass suitability unless the regulations have changed recently.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2018, 03:39:15 pm »
I think a full wrap is allowed. Random (e.g. door, bonnet) stickers have to be within specified size limits UNLESS part of a full vehicle branding?

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2018, 04:00:17 pm »
I still don't know.Whats the point in having limitations on signage size if you can wrap the whole car.AFAIK nothing in the rules have changed.I asked this over on Roy's too.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2018, 04:05:34 pm »
Watty used to be great at digging out the rules and regulations but he's been lazy of late... probably too busy since he joined the 21st century and got himself a smartphone and a credit card reader anall!

Offline Belker

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2018, 06:28:36 am »
TAXI REGULATION (SMALL PUBLIC SERVICE VEHICLE)
REGULATIONS 2015.

PART 7
OPERATING REQUIREMENTS.

Prohibition on advertising.
48. (2) The holder of a small public service vehicle licence shall not permit the use of any electronic advertising sign in or on the vehicle associated with the licence such that it is visible from the exterior of the vehicle unless such sign has been approved in writing by the Authority.

(5) The holder of a taxi licence shall not display, or permit the display of, any sign or advertisement on the side doors (other than the front doors) of the vehicle associated with the licence—(a) where the sign or advertisement is greater than 1,600 square centi-metres in area,

(7) The holder of a small public service vehicle licence shall not display, or permit the display of, on the exterior of the vehicle, or on the interior such that it is visible from the exterior of the vehicle, signs providing names, details or logos of industry representative groups.

https://www.nationaltransport.ie/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Taxi_Regulation_Small_Public_Service_Vehicle_Regulations_2015_-_S_I_No_33_of_2015.pdf
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 06:46:44 am by Belker »

Offline Belker

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2018, 06:35:26 am »
I still don't know.Whats the point in having limitations on signage size if you can wrap the whole car.AFAIK nothing in the rules have changed.I asked this over on Roy's too.

I asked the inspector in suitability about this last year, he told me that only the back doors had ad size regulations on them, you could do as you wished with the rest of the cab, I knew about regulation 7, part 48 (7), as posted above but I said nothing to him, thinking that industry representative groups means the likes of TTnH, Etc.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 06:48:28 am by Belker »

Show Unread Posts