Author Topic: Widow devastated to find out husband's taxi plate 'died with him'  (Read 22284 times)

Offline Belker

Re: Widow devastated to find out husband's taxi plate 'died with him'
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2018, 10:50:22 pm »
Thanks for your concern belker,had a good talk tonight at a meeting I was and shared it all with the group

That's the job Paul, keep talking, 'This Too Will Pass', I know it's stressful but keep talking.

Best, Ken Cash.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2018, 04:22:01 pm »
https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/widow-devastated-find-out-husbands-12426318

Marie, from Drogheda, Co Louth was still in shock after her husband Tommy’s sudden death while on holiday in Lanzarote in January when she was told by the Taxi Regulator her husband’s licence died with him.

Because Tommy, 64, had not filled in a little-known S15N form, the valuable plate can not be passed on to his next-of-kin, Marie.

Plates haven't been "valuable" since entry liberalisation back in the year 2000.

Pearse St to Tara Street, I'd say that'd be a record for boring a punter to death, DM. What were yis talking about?

Musta been a shock, mind you.

dalymount

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2018, 04:31:16 pm »
Was more then a shock rat,he was screaming for an ambulance,then suddently all the roaring stopped.I done CPR, but it was unsuccesfull.when the fire brigade,and ambulance came ,the tried shock treatment on him 4 times,but he was unresponsive.I felt so sorry for his wife who was sitting in the back,he was beside me in the front passenger seat.head still wrecked,but a little better today

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2018, 04:36:16 pm »
You done all you could by the sound of it. It's over 30 years since I learned first aid and I've never given CPR so I'm not sure that I'd know what to do other than panic in the heat of the moment. Fair play.

Offline Tony

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2018, 04:45:14 pm »
Did you get paid for the trip?
Mr. T-bag to you

dalymount

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2018, 04:46:09 pm »
Well he was a huge big man,carrying a lot of weight.the chief fire officer told that all the CPR in the world would not have saved him because of his weight

Offline Tony

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2018, 05:06:37 pm »
Defibrillators will be next for our safety kits
Mr. T-bag to you

dalymount

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2018, 05:27:24 am »
Another very bad experience tonight,and something I feel embarresed abour.was almost finished my shift about 5am this morning was hust passing by the store st rank.no other taxis ,so I thought to myself ill give it 10mins and see can I get a fare.very soon 3 creamers women from cork came out of store st Garda station,and got into my car wanting to be taken to cork.there was no way I was taking them to cork,not least because they had no money.after an argument,they got out of the car.when they got out,one of them gave the car door a very hard kick.I made the stupid mistake of getting out to see if there was any damage.when I did,I was dragged to the ground,and kicks were raining in from every direction.thank God, rhe cops seen what happened,and respinded very quickly.between the man dying in the car on Friday night,and this assult last night,in seriously considering wether or not, I can continue in the industry.I said at the start I was embarresed,and I am because it was girls.but honestly I could not believe the phsyical strenght of them.in very shaken up.this has been the worst weekend I have ever had in the industry

Offline Lizzzy

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2018, 08:43:10 am »
Ah come on, your taking the piss now !!

Offline Belker

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2018, 09:09:16 am »
JESUS CHRIST PAUL ! That is One bad weekend !

The worst of it being that they were cream crackers, the cops don't chase cream crackers,
you will be blessed if'n ya even get the price of the door fixing from them in-bred scum.

Keep the head up, it can only get better !   :2cheers

Offline silverbullet

• You don't want to do it like that
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2018, 09:18:10 am »
Another very bad experience tonight,and something I feel embarresed abour.was almost finished my shift about 5am this morning was hust passing by the store st rank.no other taxis ,so I thought to myself ill give it 10mins and see can I get a fare.very soon 3 creamers women from cork came out of store st Garda station,and got into my car wanting to be taken to cork.there was no way I was taking them to cork,not least because they had no money.after an argument,they got out of the car.when they got out,one of them gave the car door a very hard kick.I made the stupid mistake of getting out to see if there was any damage.when I did,I was dragged to the ground,and kicks were raining in from every direction.thank God, rhe cops seen what happened,and respinded very quickly.between the man dying in the car on Friday night,and this assult last night,in seriously considering wether or not, I can continue in the industry.I said at the start I was embarresed,and I am because it was girls.but honestly I could not believe the phsyical strenght of them.in very shaken up.this has been the worst weekend I have ever had in the industry
I  hope you recover soon. Take a few days away from the wheel.
You'll get loads of coulda, woulda, shoulda, ...ignore it.
You were a victim of the moment.

We're all great at giving advice to others, but it's only a matter of time or luck before something similar happens to them.

I wish you well in your recovery..

Offline Lizzzy

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2018, 09:20:30 am »
Did you get paid for the trip?

Don't be so insensitive Tony, for fook sake !!

Offline Tony

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2018, 09:24:15 am »
Of course he's taking the piss..... Cops don't respond that quick...

Take a few days off and relax, reassess your situation /working hours  etc.
Remember everything that has happened over the last few days your was not your doing, put it down to wrong place at wrong time.
What doesn't kill you will make you stronger.
Mr. T-bag to you

dalymount

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2018, 09:37:45 am »
Thanks very much for the support lads,im going through loads of different emotions at the moment.it all happend so suddently.I was totally disorientated while on the ground as I sais, I just couldnt believe the phisical strenght of them.they were just like wild animials as the kicks to the head,and ribs came.thank God I dont feel sore this morning,but I certainly feel emotionally scared because of both weekend events.the cops asked me if I wanted to press charges,but I said no I just want to try and put it all behind me

Offline Lizzzy

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2018, 09:42:48 am »
You're welcome.
..and remember the number one rule, never get out of the car.

Show Unread Posts