Author Topic: Widow devastated to find out husband's taxi plate 'died with him'  (Read 22287 times)

dalymount

Re: Widow devastated to find out husband's taxi plate 'died with him'
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2018, 02:44:54 pm »
Already back Tony,I tried doing days,I only lasted a few hours this morning .defo not for me,I couldnt live with that traffic every day id probably end up in st Brendans

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2018, 03:39:50 pm »
Already back Tony,I tried doing days,I only lasted a few hours this morning .defo not for me,I couldnt live with that traffic every day id probably end up in st Brendans
The dinners are shite in Brendans dalymount.... Don't go there....
Best of luck man and a speedy back to work  ;) :D
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline U Wha

« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2018, 03:30:45 am »
Thanks for the kind words of encouragement

No problem DM.
Hopefully you'll be back to your normal self stride after a few days r n r

+1

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2018, 05:59:52 pm »
Jaysus DM. Mind yourself. At least you and your car are in one piece.
Take a few days away from the taxi and take stock.

The Bus Aras rank is also used by folk coming out of Isaacs, Jacobs Inn and a few other hostels

Offline Belker

« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2018, 06:53:37 pm »
I gotta agree with Rats, you should be proud of the way you handled the First situation with the CPR and all that DM.

As fer the Second situation, nobody could have seen that coming, you were just in the wrong place, at the wrong time.

I've shared your tales with many customers/other taxi drivers and friends over the weekend,
I think I'm in shock myself over it all.

Best wishes from Cork.

Offline Belker

« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2018, 06:57:45 pm »

Take a few days off DM, you might not think you need it, but there is a lorra wise old heads on here and they all say the same "Take a few days off", what I have found over the years is that if'n everyone is saying the same thing, then it's usually Right !

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2018, 07:04:30 pm »
I think I'm in shock myself over it all.

Take a few days off Ken, you might not think you need it, but there is a lorra wise old heads on here and they all say the same "Take a few days off", what you have found over the years is that if'n everyone is saying the same thing, then it's usually Right !

dalymount

« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2018, 07:39:45 pm »
Thanks for the advice lads,I will seriously consider what you are saying.I do actually have somewhere that I go quite regularlly when I need head space I might just go

Offline Belker

« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2018, 07:41:33 pm »
LOL !  With the exception of R.A.G week, Paddies and Easter I've hardly done a decent week since the year turned !
I'm getting miz Joe branded on Fri mid-day and then Ed Sheeran fer 3 nights, should be good !

Offline Belker

« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2018, 07:53:05 pm »
Thanks for the advice lads,I will seriously consider what you are saying.I do actually have somewhere that I go quite regularlly when I need head space I might just go

Do that DM, go there.
I too have a few spots that I find most tranquil, most of all is the Giants Causeway, but it's a tad far away from Cork.
Next best is Myrtleville beach in Cork, an hour there skimming a few stones off the water and all is good in the world !

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2018, 07:59:17 pm »
My go to place is anywhere along the east coast, late night/ early morning and watch the sun rising. Nothing beats the dawning of a new day

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

dalymount

« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2018, 09:22:43 pm »
Well my place that I go to ,and having being going twice a year along with 4 other friends is a place called mount mellary abbey. Run by the cistercian trappist monks,onthe slopes of the knockmealdown mountains,it offers great head space for those who need it

Offline Tony

« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2018, 09:33:37 pm »
I just go fishing on a beach somewhere, the secret is you have to like your own company.
Mr. T-bag to you

Offline Belker

« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2018, 06:48:08 am »
Well my place that I go to ,and having being going twice a year along with 4 other friends is a place called mount mellary abbey. Run by the cistercian trappist monks,onthe slopes of the knockmealdown mountains,it offers great head space for those who need it

Jaysus !  I was gonna quote that but I thought none of yiz would know what I was on about !
The little grotto at the bottom of the hill is my favourite spot.

Offline Belker

« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2018, 07:05:32 am »
......I said at the start I was embarresed,and I am because it was girls.but honestly I could not believe the phsyical strenght of them.....

I wouldn't lose too much sleep over the fact that it was Girls, DM.
I was watching a junkie fight last night in Cork between Two girls in dressing-gowns (25'ish) and Two male trackies (again 25'ish), one lad was tall about 6,1 the other was short about 5,6. The Two girls battered Six shades a shite outta the Two lads landing blows to the face at will and dragging/kicking them all over the street.

Show Unread Posts