Author Topic: Widow devastated to find out husband's taxi plate 'died with him'  (Read 22286 times)

dalymount

Re: Widow devastated to find out husband's taxi plate 'died with him'
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2018, 08:21:08 am »
I know the feeling Ken

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2018, 12:54:55 pm »
You tried days (or a day) and didn't like it, DM. I have a suggestion you won't like but should consider... give mytaxi a go for a week or two and see what you think. As you know, it's extremely popular with customers. A side effect of that is a far higher concentration of scum amongst street hails which, in essence, makes driving at night with no app or radio the most dangerous operational methodology open to us.

Started back on me exercise bike on Monday, your heart attack victim kinda focussed me mind a bit... so, thanks for that.

Offline Tony

« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2018, 01:16:08 pm »
Peddling scum..

The only problem with..... Well one problem with mybollix is that you get little drug dealers using you to carry them around to drop off their deals.
Mr. T-bag to you

dalymount

« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2018, 01:21:15 pm »
Thanks for the advice rat,but I would feel to much like I was back in the PAYE sector,but I really do appreiceate your suggestion.as regards exersise,I do a 10 k walk 6days a week,and I totally enjoy it if your ever out by clontarf say hello I usually walk from the wooden bridge to sutton and back

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2018, 01:31:51 pm »
Try days for two weeks,most of the time yer getting paid to sit in traffic.Jobs that used to be 10/11 euro during the bad times are sometimes 16/17.After a while ya get used to it.

Offline vandriver

« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2018, 01:46:24 pm »
Milltown to Ely Place at 9 o'clock the other morning €27.50.The traffic was horrendous.

Offline silverbullet

• You don't want to do it like that
« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2018, 04:17:30 pm »
Milltown to Ely Place at 9 o'clock the other morning €27.50.The traffic was horrendous.
Nice job VD 8) .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2018, 12:24:12 pm »
Peddling scum..

The only problem with..... Well one problem with mybollix is that you get little drug dealers using you to carry them around to drop off their deals.

I doubt I'm the only man in the world who has a peddle while watching countdown.

In my experience a lot of drug dealers and their clients use mytaxi but I've yet to have any trouble from any of them. For the most part they are clients one wouldn't entertain on the street and I think they appreciate that so don't want to dirty their bibs with mytaxi, so to speak. However, while mytaxi isn't a foolproof way to avoid runners/potential aggressors, it is used by a much higher proportion of decent folk than scumbags hence the remaining street hails contain a much higher concentration of scum.

Offline Tony

« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2018, 12:52:05 pm »
It's all OK bringing one of these little drug dealing scum around till one of their friends decide to put a few bullets in them while in your car, and you'll be the only witness so it  bullet for you too.
Mr. T-bag to you

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2018, 02:45:01 pm »
That's one of the dangers we face. I guess it could happen on a mytaxi job or a street hail. These days, shootings are all too common up above in Dublin. If memory serves, one of our colleagues/competitors was caught in the crossfire a while back.

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2018, 02:53:52 pm »
Peddling scum..

I doubt I'm the only man in the world who has a peddle while watching countdown.

In my experience a lot of drug dealers and their clients use mytaxi but I've yet to have any trouble from any of them. For the most part they are clients one wouldn't entertain on the street and I think they appreciate that so don't want to dirty their bibs with mytaxi, so to speak. However, while mytaxi isn't a foolproof way to avoid runners/potential aggressors, it is used by a much higher proportion of decent folk than scumbags hence the remaining street hails contain a much higher concentration of scum.
Ah Rachel..mmm. I assume that it's her mathematical skills that turns on the accountant in you, unlike me.
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #71 on: May 04, 2018, 03:07:45 pm »
Indeed!

Offline Belker

« Reply #72 on: May 07, 2018, 08:36:46 am »
You tried days (or a day) and didn't like it, DM. I have a suggestion you won't like but should consider... give mytaxi a go for a week or two and see what you think. As you know, it's extremely popular with customers. A side effect of that is a far higher concentration of scum amongst street hails which, in essence, makes driving at night with no app or radio the most dangerous operational methodology open to us...

@ DM, I would definately agree with Rats on this.

You stated that you were a night time driver (like myself), let me tell you the MyTaxi app hops constantly all night long (even if you are non-priority/non-ambassador) and the work coming off that app is 95% Clean work even by night, even at that you get to see your customer walking out to you and if'n ya don't like the Look of him, then just drive away, cancel the job, add in 'Too Drunk' as the reason and move on.
I went 'Ambassador' just last week and believe me, I am not in the PAYE mentality and neither does anyone ever get to tell me what to do.
The PUC covers the commission.

Offline Belker

« Reply #73 on: May 07, 2018, 08:47:21 am »
Peddling scum..

Why would a dealer use a traceable Taxi app to deliver his deals ?

I'm not a drug dealer, but if'n I was, then I sure would not be using a completely traceable Taxi app to deliver my product.

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #74 on: May 07, 2018, 09:00:03 am »
Forgiv me dally m. me advice for Wat it's worth.....I did about 4million quid on hailo Sunday nite / Monday morn in clontarf.....
Because of bank holiday obviously....
Got couple jobs into town and I turned me roof lite off an headed back to the bull cause I wasn't in the humour for shite..... ( cudn find me medication an waz fit to strangle sum c..t) ...
Anyway i don't use a rank at nite except one we'r I can say in a polite way " fuk off I'm booked.... An most the time me lite is off.....
I find  cowardice keeps me out of trouble most of the time unless sum nights I'm in the mood for murder.....
Sometimes I think I'm a part time sociopath..... Nutjob... But today not eatin meat so I must ok.
Anyway if yu get wary after yur recent bad luck....

Doors locked
Lite off.
Work the app or radio
Keep off the rank
Pick and choose

And if yu look up the passenger app yu can see we'r there's no taxis workin the app so yu can head out there...

Hope yu doin good

Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Show Unread Posts