Author Topic: Pheno phuckup  (Read 8685 times)

john m

Pheno phuckup
« on: May 17, 2018, 01:42:07 am »
Could the Gards have made a bigger mess of it .

Offline Taxi driver42

Re: Pheno phuckup
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 02:11:15 am »
Steve wonder do a better job on traffic management

Offline Tony

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 03:53:38 am »
I didn't go near it, town and the outskirts was busy as every other taxi was in and around the park.
Mr. T-bag to you

Offline Belker

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 08:50:50 am »
What was on ?

john m

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 09:08:38 am »
What was on ?

Little Ginger Lad was singing .Sound was to loud crowd to big most couldnt even see him and the Gards kept taxies about a mile away fromit at closing time .Stones tonight then Ginger Friday and Sat I wont go near them  not worth the hastle .

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 09:15:39 am »
Ermy I thought only the new drivers go for concert pickups.I'm inclined to stay away from other cabs if I can. Yesterday I was trying to avoid dropping at the park as my return journey would have been empty.

Same goes for Marley park if there's something on there I'll drive the opposite direction. Cops don't make it easy for us so feck them.

john m

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2018, 09:21:40 am »
I didnt get near it just trying to get to town last night .they had Chappo blocked off Kilmainham and Parkgate Street .Im sure Castleknock and Cabra Gates were fucked up as well .City was very quiet last night so was Metaxi as I didnt have priority .

Offline Belker

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2018, 09:26:53 am »
It was the same in Cork two weeks ago, Gardai would only let us drop 2KM from the venue, which was silly in the afternoon as people were wandering away down between 3pm and 8pm and there was no major congestion of pedestrians on the roads.
Granted after the concert it was probably correct not to allow any vehicle within Two KM of the venue.

Cork hurlers will play Clare this Sunday in the same venue and it will be a sell-out, but this time because it is not a Concert, then just the usual local traffic restrictions will apply and all will be 'Good in de Hood' once more !

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2018, 09:29:00 am »
Ah ok.I reckon it's to stop someone getting too close in a car to cause damage. Someone was telling me the cops are insisting that all large gatherings(mini-marathons etc) now need full security plans in place and maybe even those concrete barriers to stop some gobshite causing an incident. They say we're not at risk but still insisting that the events hire private security. This is the new normal.

Offline Belker

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2018, 09:38:27 am »
There was a distinct lack of Taxies in Cork city during the Ed Sheeran concert weekend, the usual rural Cork suspects who reguarly join our city fleet most weekends where no where to be seen and a lot of city drivers after seeing the Garda traffic management plan bogged off down to Kinsale to work the "Kinsale 7's" rugby event which is a very big weekend with the rugby-heads and the single'ish women who stalk them.

john m

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2018, 09:42:32 am »
Mates kid is a cop .They look on these concerts as demonstrations and apply the same code of practice they would to a march they seperate the people from the vehicles as much as possible for the safety of the pedestriand  its calle the isolation zone .you might also note that on the edge of this zone they also have civilians .Their job is to pick uprubbish but Iwould think there are other things going on .As far as I know the event managers have to hold insurance for that zone so its probably the Promoters who dont want vehicular traffic .The Gards would probably prefer if we could get people out of the area as soon as possible .

Offline Belker

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2018, 09:47:23 am »
Ah ok.I reckon it's to stop someone getting too close in a car to cause damage. Someone was telling me the cops are insisting that all large gatherings(mini-marathons etc) now need full security plans in place and maybe even those concrete barriers to stop some gobshite causing an incident. They say we're not at risk but still insisting that the events hire private security. This is the new normal.
I had a real bad gut feeling about the Ed Sheeran concerts in Cork regarding a terrorist attack, TBTG I was wrong.
No fear of an attack at a GAA match, Firstly because it would not get international headlines as the vast majority of the world has never heard of Hurling and Secondly because the Boggers would tear any terrorist to shreads.

Offline Belker

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2018, 09:49:42 am »
Mates kid is a cop .They look on these concerts as demonstrations and apply the same code of practice they would to a march they seperate the people from the vehicles as much as possible for the safety of the pedestriand  its calle the isolation zone .you might also note that on the edge of this zone they also have civilians .Their job is to pick uprubbish but Iwould think there are other things going on .As far as I know the event managers have to hold insurance for that zone so its probably the Promoters who dont want vehicular traffic .The Gards would probably prefer if we could get people out of the area as soon as possible .
THE FOOKIN SHUTTLE BUS AND RICKSHAWS WERE ALLOWED IN !

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2018, 09:51:51 am »
The cops are now insisting on events even charity runs are paying for Gardai coverage, even if it's Sunday and they're on double pay.Also private security is a must. They're also insisting they pay for them lads in the posh jeeps with the Rambo uniforms on standby. Promoters/organisers are being told they won't get licences unless the cops are satisfied with the security levels.

Sure they had parts if the park closed off as far back as last Sunday. Seems like overkill but they probably know what they're doing.

john m

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2018, 10:04:28 am »
I know of 5 events that were cancelled due to the bronz the Gards were looking for .Our kid is doing a few festivals this year and some promoters will not allow under 18 attend the event and Most if not All wont allow under 18s back stage in the VIP area incase Garry Glitter or Jimmy Saville look a likes interfear with them and they get sued

Show Unread Posts