Author Topic: Replacing windscreen and taxi disc  (Read 6446 times)

Offline U Wha

Replacing windscreen and taxi disc
« on: May 20, 2018, 06:48:40 pm »
What do you do about the taxi disc on the windscreen after the screen is replaced?

It looks like the disc would break up when removed

dalymount

Re: Replacing windscreen and taxi disc
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 06:53:25 pm »
 Had this problem a few years ago myself .the fellow in the window replacement company (I cant remember which company ) but they are just opposite  santry stadium,was able to remove the daisy without doing any damage to it,and put it on the new window

Offline U Wha

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 07:02:48 pm »
Had this problem a few years ago myself .the fellow in the window replacement company (I cant remember which company ) but they are just opposite  santry stadium,was able to remove the daisy without doing any damage to it,and put it on the new window

Cool thanks Daly

Offline Tony

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2018, 10:01:46 pm »
Spray some wd 40 on the disc and rub it around the edges, it come off in one easy peel
Mr. T-bag to you

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2018, 11:50:48 pm »
Seems to come off in one piece for the LRA inspectors, using a blade from a popular make of craft knife. I had the back of my car replaced in 2014 and completely forgot about the decal. Surprisingly, I operated the car as a taxi for c. 6 months without anyone mentioning that it was missing. I only remembered that it was gone when the LRA inspector pointed it out at licence renewal. Fortunately, I'm Irish by accident of birth and he wasn't a jobsworth cunt so I got away with it. Naturally, I discretely offered him a drink which he refused point blank.

Offline Belker

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2018, 11:59:31 pm »
I've had my front windscreen replaced twice in the past few years, both times the daisy was saved and replaced by the windscreen installer.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2018, 09:52:16 am »
How do windscreens break?Never had it happen.

dalymount

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2018, 12:25:45 pm »
dont go near blundon drive in coolock then. was driving through there one saturday night. large stones came hurdling at my car as i was driving. next whole windscreen shattered in front of me. i can tell you i got some fright. crowd of little cunts there laughing their bollocks off. i knew they done it, but could not prove it. went down to coolock Garda station. met a female cop. her only response was, on hearing my tale,you dont drive through coolock to often then do you ?

Offline Tony

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2018, 12:58:22 pm »
I'd have reported her for her unsympathetic approach to what could have been an attempted murder situation.
Mr. T-bag to you

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2018, 01:10:19 pm »
Blunden Drive is on my cruising route. Never had an issue there but I have come under missile attack elsewhere including:

- Most recent, gang of 20+ youths in Darndale - up by the informal narcotics market known as "the patch". Something hit my car making an almighty bang as I passed but I didn't find any damage, there is a new dent in a rear wheel arch but I suspect that was done in Lidl's car park, no proof either way.

- Egg thrown at the windscreen on Oscar Traynor Road - between Northside SC and Dundaniel Rd. Two young lads involved on that occasion, the lad that threw the egg should try out for his local cricket club, he got it dead centre with considerable force.

- Roof Sign smashed on Swords Rd - near Fast Fit, Santry. Pretty sure I saw the same couple of lads launching missiles on Oscar Traynor Rd within a few days but they missed on that occasion. Possibly using a pellet gun.

- Significant dent put in back door by missile launched from the pedestrian bridge in Fairview.

- Good few years back, shopping trolley launched on to M1 from Shantalla Bridge, managed to hit the breaks hard enough for it to fall in front of me merely destroying the front bumper.

Only one I reported to the Gardai was the shopping trolley. They sent a car down to recover the trolley and told me it was owned by Tesco in case I wanted to claim damages. Didn't bother in the end, just got a second hand bumper and a can of spray paint.

Online Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2018, 01:15:55 pm »
Got stoned there last year.... Missed me.... C...ts... It's a local pastime in darndale (apeville avenue) to stone cars... Especially taxis....
Occasionally they do it on  the malahide.. Road.....
Carpet bombing wud be my preferred method of eradication

https://youtu.be/wJVpihgwE18
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline Tony

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2018, 01:16:08 pm »
And some wonder why I won't go northside  :-\
Mr. T-bag to you

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2018, 01:25:17 pm »
I work Darndale a lot. That's the first time my vehicle came under attack there but it'd certainly discourage you from driving a motor nua around the area. That said , it'd be impossible to operate a taxi and never driver through other places I've come under fire such as Swords Rd, Oscar Traynor Rd, Fairview and the M1. Pot luck really, the joys of motoring in a city with zero law enforcement.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2018, 01:30:25 pm »
And some wonder why I won't go northside  :-\

I'm sure the Southside is as bad, just I don't work there anymore. I did have a runner attempt to smash my windscreen with an iron bar many years ago over in Tallaght (Jobstown area). I managed to reverse away at high speed on that occasion. Not sure why he saw fit to attack the car, three of them done a runner, two went over a wall and he picked up the weapon and came back? It's not like I had any intention of running after them!

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2018, 01:32:19 pm »
Yis make a compelling argument in favour of repealing the eight amendment..

Show Unread Posts