Author Topic: Pensions  (Read 7886 times)

john m

Pensions
« on: May 28, 2018, 06:05:34 pm »

john m

Re: Pensions
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 06:16:08 pm »
If the UK leave the EU will contributions made in the UK be concidered as  qualifying contributions as they are now ?

Offline watty

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 06:54:24 pm »
RE the newspaper link - I have a vague memory that it was only a few months ago that FG were gonna force everyone into a private pension scheme?  Anyways, sounds like they're flying a kite to see how much resistance there is they can get away with...

Minister for Employment Affairs and Social Protection, Regina Doherty, will launch a public consultation on state pension reform today. It will help inform the design of Ireland’s total contributions approach to pensions that will come into effect in 2020.
I suspect people like us with a mix of private & self-employment with be fukked and will be working until they day we die  ::fds

RE the UK contributions - I don't think even the British Govt knows how Brexit is going to end.  But I suspect with so many British ex-pats living in Spain, France & even Ireland that they'll have to do a deal on pensions and pension contributions for everyone.

john m

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 08:27:10 pm »
Its another robbery by FG .If your hen took time off to bring up kids and didnt sign for credits she will only get a reduced pension .

Offline Belker

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2018, 06:46:35 am »
Are the self-employed entitled to a state pension ?

Offline vandriver

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2018, 07:10:21 am »
Short answer is yes,if you've paid enough stamps.

Offline Belker

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2018, 07:19:01 am »
I'm 52 n a half and paid tax/stamps every year since I was 15, never ever claiming anything at all.
Will I qualify ?

john m

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2018, 07:32:35 am »
Working mans explanation or as best I can explain it .You need to have made 40 years contribution to claim a FULL Contributiory pension .That is full paid stamp or credit from the dole or sick benifit .A lot of Hens will fall foul of this if they left work for a few years to raise kids and didnt sign on for a credit .What it means id 40 years contribution  social insurance stamp and you qualify for full contributory pension .but lets say you have only 20 years contributory stamps then the equation is you recieve only 50% of the full contributory pension and the rest will be paid at the lower rate of non contributory pensions .The sting in the tail might be that the non com portion of your pension could be meanstested .The government proposal is not yet published .A lot of this is to prevent aged imigrants moving to Ireland and getting full pensions even after contributing fuck all ,but it will have a huge effect on women who took time out to raise a family .Your prsi contribution as self employed count as a contribution .The Means tested provision is the bogey man especially if you choose to work after retirement age .

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2018, 10:07:47 am »
The long game is to get the age of superannuation up to 72...and that was mentioned on Roy's site aswell. The next thing before this is a "universal basic income" whereby Johnny in sector 45 can't have more than Vladimir in sector 39. The new name for this is "social contract" which is a euphemism for Big Society dreamt up by Blair, Merkel and Sutherland back in the early noughties.

You will be expected to do "community work" for points based on China's Big Data model...entitlement to medications and benefits will depend on your worth to the community. The need for motivation will switch from achieving reward based on merit to reward based on civic contribution. Johnny and Vlad won't have to worry about points to get into university as the "professional" classes will be replaced by automation. Do your own research.........Dr Graham Downing has been warning people about this for yrs but Dr Phil and Oprah seem more important to most drones today.

Offline Taxi driver42

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2018, 12:51:56 pm »
Assistant dying like with dogs in vets in soon
Pensions will be OK kill the oaps

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2018, 01:10:51 pm »
Except all the pension money is gone TD42.....they haven't told you yet but it is....it went keeping the banks afloat.

john m

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2018, 01:25:54 pm »
Why do you think that Irelands most right wing party promoted Gay Marrage and abortion .Gay Couples dont have kids .Abortions save on allowances .These things are economical Variables not Civil liberties .Clever bit with the Married Gays a Married couple get less old age pensions than two single people .FG played everybody for fools and the fools played along .

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2018, 01:30:57 pm »
Gay couples do have kids John.....there are 2 women down the road from me in Tallaght with 2 kids and they let me know it every day they see me. Must stop walking the staffies in Tymon and cease wearing Old Spice immediately.

john m

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2018, 01:34:28 pm »
They didnt or couldnt concieve them as a couple with out help ergo gay couples cannot have kids .

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2018, 01:36:19 pm »
No john...you mean they cannot procreate....yet.........

Show Unread Posts