Author Topic: Rickshaws  (Read 28340 times)

dalymount

Rickshaws
« on: May 30, 2018, 09:31:48 am »
I see a rickshaw ban is to be proposed on health,and safety grounds

Offline mercenary for hire

Re: Rickshaws
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 10:51:39 am »
It's taken them a long time to make a call on this.Good news for a change.

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 12:19:29 pm »
Ban Rickshaw's....

Offline Belker

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 02:25:07 pm »
Minister for Transport Shane Ross is set to propose a ban on rickshaws to allay the risk they cause to public safety.
The minister is appearing before the Oireachtas Transport Committee to discuss the issue of regulation of rickshaws, which are a popular form of transport in Dublin and a number of cities around the country.
Safety concerns have been raised around the vehicles, leading to calls from some quarters for them to be regulated or banned altogether.
Mr Ross outlined his "deep concerns about public safety with rickshaws on our streets."
Concerns have been raised over rickshaws such as blocking footpaths and forcing pedestrians onto the road, weaving recklessly in and out of traffic, paying little or no heed for the rules of the road, breaking red lights, driving the wrong way up a one-way street, and transporting passengers with little care for their safety.
A recent National Transport Authority survey revealed 57% of rickshaw passengers reported being involved in accidents or near misses. The NTA said "this is a shocking statistic."

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2018, 02:37:23 pm »
"blocking footpaths and forcing pedestrians onto the road, weaving recklessly in and out of traffic, paying little or no heed for the rules of the road, breaking red lights, driving the wrong way up a one-way street, and transporting passengers with little care for their safety." ...

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2018, 03:10:10 pm »
Where did ya get the parrot....ho ho
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2018, 03:25:13 pm »
Sounds like us ^^^^

Offline Belker

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2018, 03:35:03 pm »
Sounds like us ^^^^
I was kinda thinking the same  lol   rofl   lol

dalymount

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2018, 03:45:54 pm »
Bout 2 years ago.one of them pricks went into the side of my car causing 750 euro worth of damage .he fucked off down a one way street,and I could do nothing about it I didnt go through insurance,I had to pick up the tab myself .so I will be glad if they are stopped

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2018, 03:59:33 pm »
Bout 2 years ago.one of them pricks went into the side of my car causing 750 euro worth of damage .he fucked off down a one way street,and I could do nothing about it I didnt go through insurance,I had to pick up the tab myself .so I will be glad if they are stopped
Same here dalymount...brazilian lookin cunt probably stoned out of his face . But I left the scratch on it......
If they done it to me new jammer.... I'll deport the cunt meself....
In a wooden box
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2018, 06:13:52 pm »
Had my LED indicator light whacked by a cocky wheelbarrow Ricky...asked a gardai to talk to him....no feedback yet...but that was only 2 months ago???????
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

john m

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2018, 06:59:03 pm »
THEY WILL NOT BE BANNED .Ross said he needs to talk to the Attorney General  JC Decaux have permission as part of the Dublin Bike deal to operate pedal vehicles to carry passengers .You will remember the Meteor and  7up pedal cars .There is also special pedal bikes for invalids and motorised scooters for invalides .At best they will be regulated and insured .That will put most if not all of them off the road
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 07:18:19 pm by john m »

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2018, 06:59:44 pm »
We don't believe ya Ermy..

dalymount

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2018, 07:19:15 pm »
Id settle for regulation,those Brazilian drig dealers wont pay the cost that would be assocated with regulation.I think they WILL be banned though,because the NTA have said 57 per cent of accidents involving rickshaws have been reported to them,and by their own admission that is a shocking staristic

john m

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2018, 07:21:52 pm »
We don't believe ya Ermy..

Fair Enough .He will come back with some crap that the AG has informed him he cannot ban them any hoo he wont be in Power long enough to ban them .

Show Unread Posts