Author Topic: Inflation  (Read 8096 times)

john m

Inflation
« on: May 31, 2018, 10:47:33 am »
European Inflation figures reach 1.9% as soon as it reaches 2% interest rates will begin to rise all the Mortgage payers will be fucked again again .Banks will butt fuck the tracker mortgage holders especially the few who got a few notes in compo from them .You will like that Lip as it will force people with spare rooms to rent to cover the mortgage payments .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: Inflation
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 10:51:57 am »
Provided wage inflation keeps up there'll be no problem with mortgage payments. Irish folk are accustomed to paying large proportions of our salaries to keep a roof over our heads. All the local authority housing/grants goes to the immigrants.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 10:52:52 am »
I told Benilda to expect a lodger a while back.  She has a few mates working in Tallaght hospital and we have 3 dogs so I'll have no rooms available if I get one. She reckons one of the nurses is a rug-muncher so there'd be no fear of me getting to know her if she moved in etc.  An extra ton a week would see a mortgage interest increase of 2% covered and then we could fix the rate if it really gets out of hand.

john m

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 10:55:52 am »
Rodent the ECB has been caught with its trousers down ..The Germans are backing the Euro but they are broke their banks are failing and if Deuchabank goes the Euro goes with it .The bank share price is down 25% this ear its Anglo only this time its Germanys chance to implode ...http://www.dw.com/en/opinion-deutsche-bank-is-this-the-last-bullet/a-43555188  European wage groath is stagnent .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2018, 10:57:15 am »
It mightn't be as bad as you think.

john m

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2018, 11:00:06 am »
Na its going to implode ,When was the last time you saw Merkel on the Telly telling us what to do .She is hiding letting Macron take responsibility for the upcomming mess .

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2018, 11:01:19 am »
Rates need to go up to about 6% before most people feel it hurting Erm.That's a long way away.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2018, 11:06:00 am »
We should be developing cities down the bog. Even without inflation we're fast approaching a point where the only firms that can afford to employ graduates up above in Dublin are the multinationals with the resources to provide or subsidise bedsit type accommodation. That will result in mass emigration and stifle innovation.

john m

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2018, 11:07:55 am »
Rates need to go up to about 6% before most people feel it hurting Erm.That's a long way away.
Its a conundrum wrapped in a lie wrapped in panic .They know interest rates need to go up .Banks are going to have to increase the rate they pay savers as America are increasing their rates so big investors wont loan to European Banks plus Mortgage lending is beginning to rise like Tiger Times .Interest rates need to rise about two% just to steady the ship .Pity is existing loan holders are going to pay to once again help the banks . 6% might not be too far off Merc ,when they begin to increase rates they might increase them every six months for a year or two .

john m

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2018, 11:11:47 am »
We should be developing cities down the bog. Even without inflation we're fast approaching a point where the only firms that can afford to employ graduates up above in Dublin are the multinationals with the resources to provide or subsidise bedsit type accommodation. That will result in mass emigration and stifle innovation.

Google recently bought the whole Bolands Mills site off plan to house their workers .Its sort of poetic as thats where the American De valers hid during the 1916 rising .Not a murmour out of the Patriotic Possie who are trying to save Moor Street about the Mill being sold to foreigners .

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2018, 11:12:01 am »
Bank of Ireland was only recently charging me 4.5%. Many people are already paying over the odds.Plenty of money out there anyway.

john m

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2018, 11:28:35 am »
1% on a 300K mortgage is 240 extra a month that hurts your pocket no going out no taxies ?

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2018, 11:35:24 am »
If you can get the finance for 300k you are doing well anyway.The rules are kinda strict again.In fact back when I was moving house they'd only give us 180k because of my low earnings.The shortfall was equity.

So we wouldn't have gotten finance for the property we sold.Kinda messed up really.

john m

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2018, 11:39:22 am »
You can see the Revolution on the way House on my road in Clondalkin X Corpo went up for sale for 275 sold for 288 fella driving a Taxi or a Van for a living is priced out of owning but the Mortgage would probably be less than renting a 3 bed family home .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2018, 11:42:38 am »
It was all a lot easier when you just needed a letter from Tommy saying you earned £75,000 and have discharged all taxation liabilities. These days even CUs are looking for the current equivalent of SALs.

Show Unread Posts