Author Topic: Replacement car challenge  (Read 19009 times)

Offline Vikkiz

Re: Replacement car challenge
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2018, 07:58:55 pm »
I have my current piece of shit skoda superb almost 5 years. It was 2 years and 11 months when i got it for €11250, imported and on the road as a taxi. It was paid off in 3 years so for the last 2 it was free and I hope to keep it for another 2 years until the 10 year rule takes it off the road. I’ll only consider another Superb or a hybrid Camry. The car has to be big, I’m no5 a small fella, both in height and width(but not John m width)

€100 a week saved every week for me new jammer when the time comes to replace it has me a nice l7mp sum to pay off my new/newer car

john m

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2018, 09:31:03 pm »
FFS Matt im doing me best lost 10 Lbs last month and 2 ton today in the bookies . lol lol lol

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2018, 09:58:41 pm »
FFS Matt im doing me best lost 10 Lbs last month and 2 ton today in the bookies . lol lol lol
I dunno who Matt is but since you replied to my post I’m gonna say FairPlay to you Erm. It’s a start and in the right direction.

Offline the driver

« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2018, 06:59:18 am »
Sure diesel is 10 cent a liter cheaper and dual mass flywheels and injectors only cost thousands....you'd be mad to move off the winning team Erm..

Just spent nearly a grand replacing 3 injectors in my low mileage octy.A Prius plus for me next January before the erg or the dual mass flywheel packs up.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2018, 08:37:18 am »
That's an expensive problem.Anything that costs so much to fix takes weeks to recover from.It shouldn't be something that is considered a normal part of diesel ownership .Hopefully ya get better luck with the next motor.

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2018, 10:40:27 am »
Sure diesel is 10 cent a liter cheaper and dual mass flywheels and injectors only cost thousands....you'd be mad to move off the winning team Erm..

Just spent nearly a grand replacing 3 injectors in my low mileage octy.A Prius plus for me next January before the erg or the dual mass flywheel packs up.

Sweet jeezus......
I
Probably all these lgbt valves is clogging up cause ye do day work....
Never had any that problems..
Just the flywheels an timin belts.... I used change the hydraulic actuators as well cause it was a tow job wen they went......

I used love me octavia cause it took me tru hard times..... Anyone try do antin to it ide go for them wit clenched fist like it was me wife........
Wen i seen me new prius in the dealers forecourt and was trading it.....
I never said goodbye....
 i Just tru the key at yur man and said there ya go..... Ya can have the fat owl cunt.
Like getting a divorce

Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2018, 11:00:24 am »
'Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner.'

Offline Billy boy

« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2018, 11:44:31 am »
Can anybody give an honest answer. Is there any savings on fuel, going from 1.6 diesel to prius? I know there is savings mantanice wise, but is there any on fuel?

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2018, 11:55:53 am »
All our answers are honest.The only way to compare is to stick up yer own numbers and someone will do the maths.

Offline Octavia1

Offline Octavia1

« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2018, 12:07:52 pm »
Sorry think I put the petrol octavia up....
Yull have to type your own engine in.....

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2018, 12:51:10 pm »
I've never bought new, always a second hand car that will do me for 3 years.
I only done 87000 last year

87 bleedin thousands????  ???

Holy fuk Tony..... It's a bleedin helicopter you need

Is that a mistake Tony?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2018, 02:02:04 pm »
Fuck me, that's some kilometreage.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2018, 02:15:46 pm »
Can anybody give an honest answer. Is there any savings on fuel, going from 1.6 diesel to prius? I know there is savings mantanice wise, but is there any on fuel?

Not sure about lower maintenance. Me MKII Octy averages out at 6 ton per year since I got it in Jan 2014. With the Prius you're carrying an extra "engine" and a €3,000 battery. If I buy one it'll probably be a Jap import so there could be parts trouble ahead. I know the dealers claim they are homogenous but they said that about the Corollas and Coronas back in the 80s and 90s... until you tried to get a ball joint or a drop link or something. The models seem to be released earlier in Japan so it stands to reason that parts may be quite different by the time any production model reaches the UK/Irish market.

My other dilemma is what to do with my Octy. It's in pretty good shape having been meticulously maintained so logic suggests it'll do Mrs. Catcher for a couple of years. However, it is getting towards the kilometreage where it'll be due a second Clutch/Flywheel replacement (€600 last time from Euroclutch, Baldoyle) and a second timing belt replacement (€400 last time from Annasley Williams)... and then the insurance will be higher than her current petrol Fabia.

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2018, 02:42:24 pm »
'Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner.'

I say that exact line to cunts whenever they ask me why i'm not married or going caso. they never get the reference.
i'm talking to an empty telephone 'cause there's a dead man on the other end of this fucking line.

Show Unread Posts