Author Topic: Crackdown on illegal immigrant taxi drivers  (Read 66136 times)

dalymount

Re: Crackdown on illegal immigrant taxi drivers
« Reply #180 on: August 29, 2018, 03:34:13 pm »
A good discription

Offline Andrew88md

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #181 on: September 05, 2018, 01:07:53 pm »
Hello guys, im new over here, was looking to make a new post but was unable to.
I'm waiting for my psv licence for about 5 months, where have been asked to update my current driving licence so that shows the address on it.
Have to mention that im an EU citizen with Irish passport but an EU licence-that cannot be exchanged into Irish.
Been driving here about 10 years no problem, Rsa told me that i can drive as long as licence is valid and up to date, but if i wish an Irish one have to do the theory and driving test in full as a new driver, thing that i did in order to get it to the Gards.
Did got a 6 months exemption from Rsa to sit the driving test straight away after i got the learner to hand and have done 12 EDT in 2 weeks time, so in 2 months full Irish to hand from start to finish.
Just a month ago when i did got the full Irish to hand, did present it to the Carriage Office where have been told that in 2-3 weeks my PSV will be ready.
Yesterday did call them in to see if its ready or not, got shocked to find out that as i do have a new Irish licence have to wait 1 year from now on in order to get the PSV.
As i have been told that in few weeks will be ready did bought a new wav, did sort out insurance, grant and all papers done and now all my investments stuck!
Need some advice please of how/who do i have to get in touch with, as i do have 7 years Irish NCB, does this means nothing???
Thank you, hopefully didn't bother anybody if not the right place!

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #182 on: September 05, 2018, 01:15:39 pm »
Unless its a taxi drivign NCB it means nothing.

dalymount

« Reply #183 on: September 05, 2018, 01:17:35 pm »
Yeah the immigrant council of Ireland they will be on the phone right away getting it sorted for you

Offline Andrew88md

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #184 on: September 05, 2018, 01:30:02 pm »
Unless its a taxi drivign NCB it means nothing.
Everybody gets started with private NCB.
Rgds of years.
My meaning was that tge Gards are saying that i do have a new Irish licence so im like new on the road, but i have been driving over here few good years, NCB as a proof that i was on the road.
Thanks.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #185 on: September 05, 2018, 01:46:16 pm »
An auld reliable is in absentia today.

Offline Andrew88md

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #186 on: September 05, 2018, 01:56:44 pm »
Yeah the immigrant council of Ireland they will be on the phone right away getting it sorted for you
It is not an immigration matter.- the council replay.

Offline Bubba Ho-Tep

« Reply #187 on: September 05, 2018, 02:03:08 pm »
Hello guys, im new over here, was looking to make a new post but was unable to.
I'm waiting for my psv licence for about 5 months, where have been asked to update my current driving licence so that shows the address on it.
Have to mention that im an EU citizen with Irish passport but an EU licence-that cannot be exchanged into Irish.
Been driving here about 10 years no problem, Rsa told me that i can drive as long as licence is valid and up to date, but if i wish an Irish one have to do the theory and driving test in full as a new driver, thing that i did in order to get it to the Gards.
Did got a 6 months exemption from Rsa to sit the driving test straight away after i got the learner to hand and have done 12 EDT in 2 weeks time, so in 2 months full Irish to hand from start to finish.
Just a month ago when i did got the full Irish to hand, did present it to the Carriage Office where have been told that in 2-3 weeks my PSV will be ready.
Yesterday did call them in to see if its ready or not, got shocked to find out that as i do have a new Irish licence have to wait 1 year from now on in order to get the PSV.
As i have been told that in few weeks will be ready did bought a new wav, did sort out insurance, grant and all papers done and now all my investments stuck!
Need some advice please of how/who do i have to get in touch with, as i do have 7 years Irish NCB, does this means nothing???
Thank you, hopefully didn't bother anybody if not the right place!

AFAIK, the one year rule applied/applies to recently qualified learner drivers. I`d ask to meet with sergeant and or inspector, bring your old EU licence and proof of insurance for the last 7 years. DO NOT get argumentative during the meeting but simply lay out what you have done up until now. As the NTA AND Carriage Office BOTH accepted your EU licence when you applied for the test, someone has made a decision that overruled the decision to accept your EU licence to sit the test.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 02:11:28 pm by Bubba Ho-Tep »

dalymount

« Reply #188 on: September 05, 2018, 03:02:21 pm »
I know its not an immigration matter,but the influence of that organisation is frightening.the goverment are afraid of them,the cops are afraid of them,the NTA are afraid of them etc it'll b sorted in no time when you contact them

Offline Andrew88md

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #189 on: September 05, 2018, 03:24:50 pm »
AFAIK, the one year rule applied/applies to recently qualified learner drivers. I`d ask to meet with sergeant and or inspector, bring your old EU licence and proof of insurance for the last 7 years. DO NOT get argumentative during the meeting but simply lay out what you have done up until now. As the NTA AND Carriage Office BOTH accepted your EU licence when you applied for the test, someone has made a decision that overruled the decision to accept your EU licence to sit the test.

The NTA are a disgrace themselves aswell, they're looking after you only when fees are involved.

Offline Bubba Ho-Tep

« Reply #190 on: September 05, 2018, 03:35:35 pm »

The NTA are a disgrace themselves aswell, they're looking after you only when fees are involved.
Your EU licence was accepted by BOTH the NTA AND Garda when you applied to sit the test. Therefore, they acknowledged you weren`t a learner driver. IMHO, the 1 year requirement was nullified. If you want a different opinion, there`ll be one along shortly. I`ve given you my thoughts on how to resolve this, take it or don`t take it.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 03:40:49 pm by Bubba Ho-Tep »

Offline Andrew88md

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #191 on: September 05, 2018, 03:57:52 pm »
Your EU licence was accepted by BOTH the NTA AND Garda when you applied to sit the test. Therefore, they acknowledged you weren`t a learner driver. IMHO, the 1 year requirement was nullified. If you want a different opinion, there`ll be one along shortly. I`ve given you my thoughts on how to resolve this, take it or don`t take it.

Of course, thank you.
Im just saying that i did make a note to NTA of what about the Gards are asking for now, and what their replay to me was.
Now, im looking to see how i can get in touch with superintendent Taylor, to tell/show him that i did meet his requirements.

Offline Bubba Ho-Tep

« Reply #192 on: September 05, 2018, 04:01:32 pm »

Of course, thank you.
Im just saying that i did make a note to NTA of what about the Gards are asking for now, and what their replay to me was.
Now, im looking to see how i can get in touch with superintendent Taylor, to tell/show him that i did meet his requirements.
OK, when you applied for test, did they (NTA and Garda Carriage office ) accept your EU licence ?

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #193 on: September 05, 2018, 04:57:50 pm »
I think ya have to be driving for few years before you can say the NTA are incompetent.

Offline Bubba Ho-Tep

« Reply #194 on: September 05, 2018, 04:58:50 pm »
I think ya have to be driving for few years before you can say the NTA are incompetent.

rofl rofl

Show Unread Posts