Author Topic: President betting  (Read 14280 times)

john m

President betting
« on: September 10, 2018, 02:15:03 pm »
6/4  5 candidates is a certainty .GET ON 

Offline Shallowhal

Re: President betting
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 05:37:21 pm »
Imagine listening to Sean Gallagher for 7 years...."it's a staa baa ye aar!!

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 05:53:21 pm »
Let's have integrity in the Aras, someone of culture, with a track record of public service from humble beginnings, not a life spent in pursuit of lucre. Someone not afraid to speak their mind, someone capable of conversing with the humble and the arrogant. Who could that be. Who would want to take a job from someone who clearly loves every moment of it, and for all the right reasons?
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2018, 06:47:36 pm »
I see Kevin Sharkey's apartment building is up for sale on the quays.I wonder if he's just looking for somewhere bigger to live rather than be the President.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2018, 06:50:03 pm »
I see Kevin Sharkey's apartment building is up for sale on the quays.I wonder if he's just looking for somewhere bigger to live rather than be the President.

What building is that MFH?

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2018, 06:52:48 pm »
I think he still lives over the early house pub on Inns Quay.Can't think of the name.Nice chap.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 06:56:52 pm by mercenary for hire »

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2018, 07:08:20 pm »
Thought he lived in the Wesht of Ireland.

john m

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2018, 07:11:46 pm »
Sharkey wont get a nom .Two dragons a suicide Senator A shinner and the little lad ,will be the 5 .I wonder with all the scandal about who shafted who in RTE the last time will Higgins decide not to stand .I dont think he will win it when all the Dirt comes out about how RTE conspired to shaft Gallagher last time .I think Irish people will abandon the Little lad .I have a few quid on 5 contestants @6/4 and a few quid on Gallagher @6/1 .

Offline Belker

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2018, 11:57:39 am »
Do you get paid if Peter Casey pulls out ?

"Independent presidential candidate Peter Casey has said he is going to take the weekend to consider if he will continue in the race for the Áras.
In a statement, Mr Casey said in light of the events of the past few days, he is taking the weekend off from the campaign to think carefully about whether to continue in the race."

https://www.rte.ie/aertel//desktopxhtml/104-1.html

john m

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2018, 12:26:55 pm »
Do you get paid if Peter Casey pulls out ?

"Independent presidential candidate Peter Casey has said he is going to take the weekend to consider if he will continue in the race for the Áras.
In a statement, Mr Casey said in light of the events of the past few days, he is taking the weekend off from the campaign to think carefully about whether to continue in the race."

https://www.rte.ie/aertel//desktopxhtml/104-1.html
#

He cant pull out .He can suggest to people not to vote for him the ballott papers are printed and the noms are in .Think he is playing a game trying to boost his numbers to try save his deposit and get expenses .Its a one horse race if Mickie D gets in on the first count then only Galagher and Ni Rida have any chance of saving their deposits .

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2018, 12:30:32 pm »
I think he'll realise most of the country agree with him on the issue,i heard him being interviewed in Thurles yesterday,he said he was looking forward to speaking with Martin Collins from Pavee Point about the housing development that's lying empty cos no stables provided,but he was a no show,i was even more surprised to hear that travellers were organising a silent protest....that'll be a first!!

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2018, 12:32:03 pm »
Casey is worth several hundred million.......he doesn't give a bollix.....he told some home truths and our Taoiseach came out and lambasted him. Beautiful gaffs in Tipp lying idle because there's no-one to take the horse to France.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2018, 12:42:28 pm »
Maybe the Council should release the houses to other families on the waiting list.....and then wait for the silent protest from the ethnic minority group.

john m

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2018, 12:57:29 pm »
Most of the candidates are minted and running was a vanity project Gallagher thought he had a chance the Shinner is just there to keep the brand alive Freeman is on an Ego trip the Dragons just see it as cheap advertising .Cant hurt overseas if your pitching for trade that you can say you once contested the Presidency sounds better than I sell nearly as much coffee as as someone else .Make more sense to raffle the job a ton a ticket any person holding an Irish passport qualifies to buy a ticket and the ticket money could pay to run the office .

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2018, 01:01:51 pm »
Would love to see ye as Prez John....with the First Lady of Clondalkin!!

Show Unread Posts