Author Topic: President betting  (Read 14281 times)

The Liffey Lip

Re: President betting
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2018, 11:33:00 am »
Just shows gambling really is for desperadoes.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2018, 01:02:08 pm »
Be surprised if Casey hits double figures most one trick ponies have limited attraction and its unlikely Paddy or Sharon will leave the sofa to vote .Middle class voters will protect the Status Quo and Micked D will run away with it .Still looking @ under 40% turnout .Went over the Credit Union this morning poling station is next door but it was to cold to walk so I came home .

Are ye still surprised John?

john m

« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2018, 02:20:07 pm »
I am very surprised always thought the Irish were a tolerant lot .The real result of the election is the Shinners have been found out and FG can do what they like and get away with it .

Online mercenary for hire

« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2018, 02:52:26 pm »
We are tolerant but I did notice one of the news teams outside the Pavee point headquarters and it says outside their buildings that they now represent Travellers and Romas.We might tolerate travellers but Romas are disliked by everyone even the hard working Romanians that live here.

john m

« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2018, 03:01:15 pm »
Adding up 180 won on Duffy being useless 100 lost on Gallagher finishing second  20 quid on under 40% turnout so won 60 and a pint off Ken .Powers the worlds biggest bookies wouldnt lay 1/5 about higgins or take 500 on Duffy to be the big looser .

Talikig to my pal works for Paddy asked about last nights football there was supposed tobe a huge coup on Limerick to beat Waterford Powers and Boyles stopped betting on the match asked him how much they held he said there wasent 1 single bet on the game .Its all PR total bolloxology .

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2018, 05:47:28 pm »
No surprise that 20% of the population support his views, and no reason to think that it reflects very badly on Ireland compared to any other country. At least over 50% of a small turnout supported the man who was clearly the most qualified to do the job. I don't think it shows Ireland in any significantly different light thatn most other countries. A proportion of the 20% would have a variety of other reasons for giving Casey a vote.

Sure it's only 20% of 46% which is just a little over 8% of the general population.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 06:24:05 pm by Bob Shillin »
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2018, 09:13:53 pm »
Sure it's only 20% of 46% which is just a little over 8% of the general population.
Well actually 20% of 46% would in fact be 9.2% of the total voting population

**edit**
And actually 23.3% of 43.87% would be 10.22%
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 09:24:11 pm by Vikkiz »

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2018, 01:03:36 am »
I stand mathematically corrected.
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2018, 06:29:27 am »
I am very surprised always thought the Irish were a tolerant lot .The real result of the election is the Shinners have been found out and FG can do what they like and get away with it .

Yes, the bogus republican-cum-feminist party has been exposed finally. However, had the itinerants not stood firm outside the Tipp halting site with placards and attitude, Casey would not have gained as much as he did. Million quid gaffs lying idle with countless homeless....what has that to do with "tolerance"?

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2018, 01:10:21 pm »

Yes, the bogus republican-cum-feminist party has been exposed finally. However, had the itinerants not stood firm outside the Tipp halting site with placards and attitude, Casey would not have gained as much as he did. Million quid gaffs lying idle with countless homeless....what has that to do with "tolerance"?

Tolerance...from the tax paying public.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2018, 04:09:28 pm »
I stand mathematically corrected.

Not necessarily. It stands to reason that turnout among Casey supporters was much higher than turnout among Michael D supporters.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2018, 06:46:18 am »
Yes, tax payers turned out alright.

Show Unread Posts