Author Topic: Gardai and Unpaid Taxi Fares  (Read 19668 times)

Offline mercenary for hire

Re: Gardai and Unpaid Taxi Fares
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2018, 11:06:17 pm »
Make sure to wear your army uniform into the cop shop when apologising.They'll not bring a soldier into court unless its something very serious.Yous are kinda on the same team.

Offline weird al wankovitch

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2018, 11:08:21 pm »
And maybe bring a rifle .. Just to prove to him you really are a soldier

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2018, 11:09:36 pm »
Thanks for the info and advice.

I'm 22 and Irish if that makes any difference.

This will be my first time in court.I was arrested 2 years ago but just got a caution for that.

Yes I was a prick on the night but it was about 3am so the taxi driver was probably nearly finished by then.

Im sure I will come up with the compensation or ffines but it will cost me. Would hate if it ended up in the paper. I am in the Army so its worse for me ending up in court or in the paper. Thats the reason I really didnt want to go to court.

Yes I pissed off the Garda too. I even got threatened with pepper spray because I struggled when he was trying to handcuff me .
The reason I aked your age is that below 23 it's forgiveable, after that you need to learn/be taught more sense..
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2018, 11:12:31 pm »
But don't shout Allahu Akbar....even just for the craic....youse 22 yr olds!!!!

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2018, 11:18:29 pm »
Hope its OK to post here.

I had a bad night on Friday and got a taxi home. I was very drunk and had a disagreement with the taxi driver about the fare and soilage charge. Hr called the Guards and I got arrested for not paying the taxi fare . Spent the night in the cells and also ended up charged with drunk and dusorderly and giving a false name. I have a court dare in a few weeks.

I dont want any of this yo go to court and was speaking to a mate who said that if I go to the Guard and pay the fare to him to give to the taxi driver I could get that sorted. I went sown to the Gatda station tonight and eventually got talking to another Garda -  noy yje one who arrested me and he said they couldnt take the money and I would have to go court and the judge would decide.

The Guard tonight was only a young lad abouy my own age so dont know if it would be a goos idea to go back when the Garda who arrested me was back on as he was off tonight and he might say something different.

Just wondering if you have had any dealings with Guards in situations like mine and if they sorted it out or if it ended up going to court?
Keep pursuing it until you get the right Garda.There's no reason for a Garda to waste court time.if you're prepared to apologise and settle now.

Online Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2018, 11:23:17 pm »
I guess you could ask a superior officer to have a word with the Garda, Jamie. That way the Garda would be able to conclude that you are taking the matter seriously and may appreciate your being up front with your own superiors, assuming said superior can suggest that the incident was, in his opinion, out of character.

Pride, SB. Jamie suggested that the Garda tried to handcuff him, not that he did handcuff him... they can be vindictive cunts when their pride is hurt.

Offline Jamie99

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2018, 12:18:59 am »
I will keep trying to get to see him.

I was hoping that I wouldnt habe to let my superiors know if I could avoid it and have be down as a trouble maker. If I have to go ro court I have to tell them.

I was handcuffed on the night and was kept on the road while  wited for a van as they wouldnt take me in the car

Online Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2018, 12:34:27 am »
Did you use the mytaxi app to hire the taxi?

Offline Jamie99

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2018, 12:42:18 am »
No just flagged it down

Offline SClass

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2018, 12:46:04 am »
I will keep trying to get to see him.

I was hoping that I wouldnt habe to let my superiors know if I could avoid it and have be down as a trouble maker. If I have to go ro court I have to tell them.

I was handcuffed on the night and was kept on the road while  wited for a van as they wouldnt take me in the car

Are ye taking the piss coming on here looking for advise on how to get away with acting the bollocks with a taxi driver,
I smell a troll,
Anyway Fair play to the gard,
They don't normally give a fuck about Taxi drivers troubles, puckers and runners,
You probably thought you were Bruce Lee full of shots and white power
and fuck knows what else,
That's the reason the guards put the bracelets on, and fucked in a pissy cell,
I hope the gards dad drives a taxi.
And you get a criminal conviction
You sniveling whinging pox.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2018, 12:53:45 am »
Jaysus s!!
I was about to say that ye got a half decent driver,there's some nutcases out there...a few on here.. that you could have encountered....including sclass,you'd have been colostomised!!

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2018, 07:30:12 am »
No just flagged it down

Lingo all present and correct..........were you at the Irexit-: Freedom to Prosper conference?

Seriously, you have nothing to be worried about....relax. Most older men forget they were young themselves once. If you'll take a small piece of advice...make a preemptive donation to some popular charity such as VdeP before your court date and get a receipt. Whatever you do...say nothing to anyone until you get proper advice...especially coppers. First thing is to get advice...go to a female solicitor. She can make representations on your behalf....once the driver is tracked down and compensated or an attempt was made for redress, you're in the pink...section D fine can be moved up to section C fine though in the following circumstances for public order offences:

In order to have the offence treated as a fixed charge offence, you must give your name and address to the Garda. Failure to do so means you may arrested without warrant and be convicted of a summary offence for which the maximum penalty is a class C fine. If the Gardai choose to have this offence treated as a fixed-charge offence, they may serve notice on you that you will not be charged if a stated amount is paid within 28 days.

Relax, breathe in and don't sit around waiting for it to go away. You'll never see the inside of a courtroom if you are proactive on this.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 08:27:15 am by The Liffey Lip »

Offline Belker

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2018, 07:33:02 am »
If I was you I'd head down to the copper asap with the money. Soilage fee + fare. The guard can't take the money but he can arrange for you to hand the money to the driver personally if the driver is willing. I'd do it on the guards next shift if I was you, no messin with this stuff kid.
I would agree with W.A.W. on most of this, but if you have a charge sheet then most likely you will have to go to court on the Drunk and Disorderly charge. By paying off the Taxi driver (of what he is due) + compo, will help your case if he accepts it.
But the Drunk and Disorderly charge is nothing to do with the Taxi driver, that's a Garda matter and best is to apologise.

Offline Belker

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2018, 07:37:11 am »
The reason I aked your age is that below 23 it's forgiveable, after that you need to learn/be taught more sense..

Can you explain that Harry ?
I thought that under 18 was 'Juvenile' and over 18 was 'Adult', is there more ?

Offline Tony

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2018, 09:08:01 am »
Hope its OK to post here.

I had a bad night on Friday and got a taxi home. I was very drunk and had a disagreement with the taxi driver about the fare and soilage charge. Hr called the Guards and I got arrested for not paying the taxi fare . Spent the night in the cells and also ended up charged with drunk and dusorderly and giving a false name. I have a court dare in a few weeks.

I dont want any of this yo go to court and was speaking to a mate who said that if I go to the Guard and pay the fare to him to give to the taxi driver I could get that sorted. I went sown to the Gatda station tonight and eventually got talking to another Garda -  noy yje one who arrested me and he said they couldnt take the money and I would have to go court and the judge would decide.

The Guard tonight was only a young lad abouy my own age so dont know if it would be a goos idea to go back when the Garda who arrested me was back on as he was off tonight and he might say something different.

Just wondering if you have had any dealings with Guards in situations like mine and if they sorted it out or if it ended up going to court?

Firstly Id like to say that I hate scum like you and I hope you get locked up and raped while inside.

Secondly...... Have you all lost the plot giving time and attention to a scummy pox who probably wasn't even born in this country?

Fuck off Jamie, pukey scum like yourself should be shot on sight
Mr. T-bag to you

Show Unread Posts