Author Topic: Transferability + credit cards  (Read 13822 times)

john m

Transferability + credit cards
« on: October 18, 2018, 09:35:59 am »
Rumour has it that the taxi thingey are proposing the reintroduction of transferability of saloon licences .The reason the age profile of drivers is creaping up and they believe that non transferability is locking drivers in who might want to retire and if they could pass on their licence they might retire and be replaced by younger drivers .Is this a good idea a Saloon licence would only be worth a few grand as WAT licences are available for 120 yoyo.The danger is Metaxi who control a lot of work could build their own fleet and feed their own drivers which in the long run would reduce drivers earnings .A fleet owner with work could have multiple drivers on each vehicle .

There is also a suggestion that all taxies must have Credit Card facilities ,this will impose extra costs on drivers as we can not charge a transaction fee back to the customer .

What do you think of these proposals ?

Offline mercenary for hire

Re: Transferability + credit cards
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 10:27:09 am »
I doubt there are many with the funds to retire that are hanging on for another few thousand.The last recession cleared out lots of savings accounts.

There are no cheap wheelchair accessible electric taxis.To get more leccy taxis in the fleet they need saloon plates.

john m

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 10:35:56 am »
Transferability if it is restored might see the likes of Metaxi offer to plate up electric vehicles .I suppose a condition of transfering a saloon plate could be you must fix it to an electric or low emissions vehicle .Im not sure if this proposal is genuine I have not been able to verify it .Im sure Bubba would have more info he seems to keep his ear to the ground .

If they do allow transferability Im sure there will be a few 100 who will move on .The real danger is an app provider with plenty of work mopping up the good jobs for their own fleet drivers to offset the rental fees .Remember in the review the Department said they wanted ALL drivers alligned to a dispatch they also said ALL cars should in time be cashless .

Some drivers think the review was just window dressing but it is actually government policy for the future of the industry .

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2018, 10:42:17 am »
The system needs funding to keep it going. Honda stopped making the 50 and 90 club because nobody ever needed to buy a second one. Pirates need to keep robbing to survive.

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2018, 10:48:20 am »
I think you give Mytaxi too much credit Erm. They're only one mistake away from losing everything. I was in the pub recently and met up with some other drivers and everyone is getting scared about the volumes of card work and increasing tax bills. Especially in the last two years. Mytaxi are actually the problem not the solution.The NTA can force cards all they want but we will still say our machines are broken if we feel like it.

john m

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2018, 10:53:13 am »
You have made my arguement for me .Drivers dont want the Metaxi work so they will build their own fleet .

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2018, 11:05:34 am »
If yer man in Flag changed his app to a cash-only app with limited traceability he'd be very busy.No surprise that AIB is supporting him.

dalymount

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2018, 11:09:11 am »
jesus wept. how many more times. there is no need for ANY disgussions around mytaxi, or any other dispatcher. DRIVERS CALL THE SHOTS, not disptchers,yet drivers seem determined to allow the tail wag the dog. wake up drivers YOU are in charge of this industry.even the fukking NTA would have to fall in line with your demands if you only had the balls to do what is nessesary. why do you continue to allow yourselves to be pushed around by dispatchers ? John talks about the fear drivers have of what mytaxi, and other dispatchers might,or might not do. does he not realize they cannot do  fukking ANYTHING WITHOUT DRIVERS . i say to you all, grow a pair. take back control of your industry. dont be lapdogs for dispatchers any longer. punterswill soon get used to hailing a cab on the street again,and this also creates a level playing field for all,and at the same time you can put your would be employers out of business

john m

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2018, 11:18:22 am »
If yer man in Flag changed his app to a cash-only app with limited traceability he'd be very busy.No surprise that AIB is supporting him.

It wont be long before cash is done away with .I was talking to a bloke last week he asked did I take card I do I have SumUp .He said great I asked him if he ever got a wage packet ?he said no his coin is paid direct into his bank .I asked does that not piss you off .You work you get paid then you pay your bank to let you have your own money .He said I never thought of it like that .Cashless is the future that way you can spend credit if everything was cash then you can only spend what you have in your pocket .Flag has a big problem it puts the onus on the driver to ideentify drunk students who will use it when they are broke .I avoid students at the best of times never mind late at night after coppers .
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 11:21:46 am by john m »

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2018, 11:23:32 am »
 Getting young folks to abandon technology would be akin to asking Macra na Feirme to appoint McGregor as communications officer.

john m

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2018, 11:25:42 am »
jesus wept. how many more times. there is no need for ANY disgussions around mytaxi, or any other dispatcher. DRIVERS CALL THE SHOTS, not disptchers,yet drivers seem determined to allow the tail wag the dog. wake up drivers YOU are in charge of this industry.even the fukking NTA would have to fall in line with your demands if you only had the balls to do what is nessesary. why do you continue to allow yourselves to be pushed around by dispatchers ? John talks about the fear drivers have of what mytaxi, and other dispatchers might,or might not do. does he not realize they cannot do  fukking ANYTHING WITHOUT DRIVERS . i say to you all, grow a pair. take back control of your industry. dont be lapdogs for dispatchers any longer. punterswill soon get used to hailing a cab on the street again,and this also creates a level playing field for all,and at the same time you can put your would be employers out of business

Dollymount look at the amount of cars stickered up for Metaxi drivers like it and when they decide to knock drivers off for an hour if they refuse two or three offers they still wont complain .I can see the day comming when Metaxi offer drivers a contract where they must hit a % of acceptance .Lad rang me one day and wondered why my acceptance rate was only 7% .

dalymount

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2018, 11:50:42 am »
John I just cannot understand why you,or other drivers cannot see that you are holding all the aces.do you not realize without drivers,there is absolutely NOTHING they can do.

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2018, 11:54:09 am »
Rumour has it that the taxi thingey are proposing the reintroduction of transferability of saloon licences .The reason the age profile of drivers is creaping up and they believe that non transferability is locking drivers in who might want to retire and if they could pass on their licence they might retire and be replaced by younger drivers .Is this a good idea a Saloon licence would only be worth a few grand as WAT licences are available for 120 yoyo.The danger is Metaxi who control a lot of work could build their own fleet and feed their own drivers which in the long run would reduce drivers earnings .A fleet owner with work could have multiple drivers on each vehicle .

There is also a suggestion that all taxies must have Credit Card facilities ,this will impose extra costs on drivers as we can not charge a transaction fee back to the customer .

What do you think of these proposals ?
A
If my jaxi introduce we'r the arse lickers get more work than the ordinary hero like meself....
Does that not mean that the punter be waitin longer?  An I'll get a pain in me Bollix
Watchin the brown noses gettin all the cream.... An then turn the app off an go inta uber or flag or sumtin else?
 Therefore reducing the numbers of myjaxi drivers therfore increasing waitin times..... An causin the punter to look for an alternative?
.....So

Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

john m

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2018, 11:56:54 am »
John I just cannot understand why you,or other drivers cannot see that you are holding all the aces.do you not realize without drivers,there is absolutely NOTHING they can do.

Your rose tinted view is wrong they have done exactly what I said on Roys they would do .Workcapture they have the work and drivers want the work .Its game set and match to them .They control about 20% of the work .Paddy or Maureen want a taxi waiting when they want it not when the driver decides to turn up .The war is lost the app is the future ,cashless is the future ,Tech has changed the industry just as it changed many others .

dalymount

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2018, 11:58:47 am »
Ocky never forget we,the drivers are in charge of this industry,but unfortunately drivers decide on a daily basis to give that power away to dispatchers

Show Unread Posts