Author Topic: Bob Marley  (Read 10613 times)

Offline Belker

Re: Bob Marley
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2018, 11:12:55 am »
Id stop supporting them if they put that prick on the shirts.this is the fukker who criticized the 1916 leadership,accepred a knighthood from the British queen,and had the cheek to challenge Nigel Farage on a flotella on the river themes on a matter that was to do eith the british people alone ie brexit

I didn't know that the Doobs disliked Sir Bob so much, I suppose it's the same with Keano down here, most of Cork dispise him !

As fer Bob criticizing the 1916 leadership, that is a pretty easy one, to be fair they did make a total hames of organising it on the day, check the history of it fer yourself, it was a total Fook-up ! But with that said, it did get a lorra wheels in motion, helped greatly by the blood-thirsty sasanachs who stoopidly executed the Rising's leaders. As fer his knighthood, he totally deserved it fer his efforts with Band-aid and Live-aid and it would have tarnished the Charity events if'n he had refused the 'honour'.

Offline Belker

« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2018, 11:29:39 am »
Bob Marley`s estate collects all royalties due from his music,videos and image rights, first and only point of contact. Maybe Boh`s should have used a print of the poster advertising the Dalymount gig.
I reckon that would still be under copyright.

My last business once used a Harp logo taken from a paid Corel Draw disc as part of our Irish logo,
it looked nothing like the guinness Harp logo, but guinness were on to us pretty soon aferwards and
threatening all types of legal shite because they reckoned that they owned all and every type of Harp logo.
We spoiled the Harp by putting a horses head in the center of it and guinness were happy wiv that,
it seemed an easier option than to take on a company with Billions behind them

Offline Bubba Ho-Tep

« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2018, 11:48:46 am »
Bob Marley`s estate collects all royalties due from his music,videos and image rights, first and only point of contact. Maybe Boh`s should have used a print of the poster advertising the Dalymount gig.
I reckon that would still be under copyright.

My last business once used a Harp logo taken from a paid Corel Draw disc as part of our Irish logo,
it looked nothing like the guinness Harp logo, but guinness were on to us pretty soon aferwards and
threatening all types of legal shite because they reckoned that they owned all and every type of Harp logo.
We spoiled the Harp by putting a horses head in the center of it and guinness were happy wiv that,
it seemed an easier option than to take on a company with Billions behind them
O`Neill`s had a copyright row with Adidas in the 80s , they used the 3 stripes on shirt sleeves . Forget how it panned out but O`Neill`s should have known better about copyright laws or maybe they thought they did. The poster for the gig would be owned by Pat Egan and not the Marley Estate .

dalymount

« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2018, 12:35:07 pm »
Belker
Geldoff didnt criticize the 1916 leadership from the point of view that they made a bollox of it,he reckoned they should never have risen up against the tyrants at all. That we should have remained under the Brits control.as far as the knight hood is concerned ,any Irish man who accepts such an award,goes way down in my estimation,and before you say it,yes I know there are loads who already have.this prick also made a ferciperious challenge to Nigel Ferage on a matter that was none of his fukking business ie brexit.the same as that other wanker bono who keeps involving himself in world politics

Offline Bubba Ho-Tep

« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2018, 12:41:09 pm »
Belker
Geldoff didnt criticize the 1916 leadership from the point of view that they made a bollox of it,he reckoned they should never have risen up against the tyrants at all. That we should have remained under the Brits control.as far as the knight hood is concerned ,any Irish man who accepts such an award,goes way down in my estimation,and before you say it,yes I know there are loads who already have.this prick also made a ferciperious challenge to Nigel Ferage on a matter that was none of his fukking business ie brexit.the same as that other wanker bono who keeps involving himself in world politics

Seeing as you`re not replying to anything I posted on the subject and are loathe to ask me anything, here`s what Boh`s should do. Use a silhouette of Bob Marley with one dreadlock missing. Jim Fitzpatrick did it with the Che silhouette and only recently enforced his rights to the image. He effectively owned the silhouette rights.

dalymount

« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2018, 01:53:59 pm »
Bubba I did not purposely not reply to you,I did not even know you had posted on it.I dont be on here every day im afraif so I didnt see your posts.however as I already said,whats done is done not a lot the club can do im afraid

Show Unread Posts