Author Topic: Pound V Euro  (Read 2379 times)

john m

Pound V Euro
« on: November 14, 2018, 12:31:34 pm »
If you had 10K in Euro and you were thinking of going to the UK for a car would you exchange your money now or wait till April.If the deal is accepted the Pound strengthens so you get less £ for your Euro if the deal collapses and I think it will then the £ collapses and you get more £s for your euro but then there is the Italian budget that could effect the value of the Euro and if Donny T introduces tarriffs on car imports into the USA then the German economy nosedives and takes the Euro with it .Pound V Euro could move 10% up or down depending on what shit hits what fan .Im thinking hold on the brits will fuck it up anybody got any other idea?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: Pound V Euro
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 12:44:54 pm »
You're the economist, you tell us...

john m

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 02:06:09 pm »
The fly in the ointment is the Mad American if Donny T does introduce tarriffs on European vehicles the Euro will collapse by about 15 to 20% .Tessy has little or no chance of getting that Brexit deal done plus why would the Poles of Romanians or Hungry support a deal that would stop free movement for their citizens in the UK .If it was just about Brexit I would hold on but Donny T is insane could make a difference of about 20% on the downside .

Offline Mooretaxi

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2018, 02:17:51 pm »
If the deal gets done then you’ll have to pay vat on the purchase and shipping the same as importing from Japan

john m

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2018, 02:19:21 pm »
If the deal gets done then you’ll have to pay vat on the purchase and shipping the same as importing from Japan

Dont know about the VAT as it was already paid in an EU state as the car would be pre Brexit ?

dalymount

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2018, 03:08:03 pm »
If I was an American I would find it hard to vote for Donald.he is to soft,not nearly hard enough.build that fukking wall Donald

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2018, 03:58:23 pm »
All mouth... but more immigrants in work than ever before.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2018, 04:54:55 pm »
Another throwback to the Kennedys aul Donald.....red tie instead of blue......incredibly wealthy aulfella...fond of the meat curtains etc.......totally self-absorbed.......oblivious to the dangers..........hope he's studied his history books.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2018, 05:17:48 pm »
Another throwback to the Kennedys aul Donald.....red tie instead of blue......incredibly wealthy aulfella...fond of the meat curtains etc.......totally self-absorbed.......oblivious to the dangers..........hope he's studied his history books.

He has the school book depository all sealed up for his trip!

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2018, 06:57:26 pm »
I hear a fellow called Grassy Noel is looking for him.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2018, 09:11:57 pm »
I hear a fellow called Grassy Noel is looking for him.

I think he was clipped.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2018, 07:22:56 am »
His brother, Bobby, went all Ambassador too.

Show Unread Posts