Author Topic: Emission problems  (Read 2938 times)

john m

Emission problems
« on: November 28, 2018, 04:05:41 am »
If you were on Roys you probably remember the crap I had getting 08 Occy through the emissions test .If you do 100% of your work around the city and stick to the speed limits its hard to clear the crap out of the turbo and exhaust system and you get a build up of carbon .about 3 years ago I was going to scrap the car as I had a pain in the bollox with it failing the emissions test in that year I had to clean the ERG and be creative with fuel to get it through the test .A driver whos handle was Brush put me on to Liqui Molly Diesel Purge few if any motor factors sell it but you can get it from Diesel Electric on the Kylemore Road beside Vincent Byrnes .Done the NCT yester day passed the emissions no prob .If your having trouble with emissions give this stuff a try .Ive been using it for the last three years great stuff it works .

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

Re: Emission problems
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 04:15:14 am »
dipetane all the way baby.

john m

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2018, 04:32:34 am »
I add that at test time but its the build up of carbon from city driving that fucks up the reading Im 100% city driving No real stretch of road between Clondalkin and town to give it regular welly to blow the shit out .With big expense to repair ERGs or Cath Convs a bottle of this stuff seems to keep the system clear .I havent changed my driving style so it must be working a liter of it is only 13 yoyo .Just putting it out there in case anybody is having problems it might work for them and save some coin .

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2018, 01:10:06 pm »
dipetane will eat up carbon residue as well.
throw in a drop at every fill up and not just before the NCT to keep the show on the road.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2018, 05:59:28 pm »
Dipetane and a few miles on the M50 in third gear

Offline watty

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2018, 06:33:00 pm »
it can be hard to remember to add the dipethane all the time.  Sometimes a last minute diesel cleaner like the OP is necessary.  And a few blasts up and down the motorway!

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2018, 06:39:16 pm »
I always wondered can ya not just rev the bollix out of it in your garden?Does the gear really matter?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 06:42:42 pm by mercenary for hire »

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2018, 06:44:13 pm »
Dipetane sorted Mrs Catchers petrol yoke when it failed on emissions, added half a litre to a full tank of petrol twice and a litre to the 3rd and final fill before the retest... suggested by a mechanic who said it works for both petrol and diesel cars. My own yoke has never failed on emissions, neither did Trigger's Brush before that, with nothing ever added to the diesel.

I doubt the gear matters but you want it up to normal operating temperature, after that getting the revs up near the red line in shortish bursts should be the aim... I think VAGs with DPFs actually come with instructions for the same, they call it regeneration or something like that.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2018, 10:51:21 pm »
The Regeneration Game....used to love that with Brucie....always got the cuddly toy and the candelabra!!

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2018, 02:04:19 pm »
Nice to see you...

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2018, 01:02:28 am »
 ::blond
I always wondered can ya not just rev the bollix out of it in your garden?Does the gear really matter?
Yu need heat.....
Revin the bollix out of it in neutral is like yu jumping off a cliff an flappin yur arms....
 yu need max fuel
To get max fuel
Yu need max load...
Yu also need max gas flow
Means max revs...
The ideal wud be you an the mother in law an the misses an five gits in the back drivin up the sugerloaf in second at bout 40 mph. But yu need a bit of nerve...
Most effective near the bottom as yu get less airflow near de top on account of the drop in air pressure due to altitude....
Fat granny's will do if the mother in law is a cnut an yu don't get on......
I don't get on wit anyone so I drove  bout 8 miles in third at 100 kmph... Slam on the brakes an get up to 100 again.... Fukin smoke everywhere untill all of a sudden nuttin but fresh air coming out the exhaust.... Wonderful
Apologies for the long winded response...
Me hotel is next door to a mosque an they praying to Allan an I'm fit for the looney bin

« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 01:07:40 am by Octavia1 »
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2018, 01:09:23 am »
 Noisy Cnuts
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2018, 06:52:58 am »
Get used to it. Throw a few rashers on to a pan and pray to Jesus.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2018, 10:44:01 am »
^^^Ok makes sense Octy..needs to be under extra load to get really hot to work properly.

Show Unread Posts