Author Topic: The Euros  (Read 5970 times)

john m

The Euros
« on: December 02, 2018, 05:10:53 pm »
Switzerland ,Denmark two other crap teans and us .The FAI must be furious who will want to watch any of that shite The away Game in Gibraltar might be Good if we can get Visas after Brexit .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: The Euros
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018, 05:33:11 pm »
I doubt visas will be an issue but Large Dominick could set up a stall on the Spanish side of the border selling Visas, I bet he'd catch a few...

john m

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2018, 05:54:07 pm »
Lads will fly into the Costa Crime and make their way down for the day .Im sure Pablo will be very slow checking passports just to act the cunt anyhoo are we good enough to beat the barmen and part time DJ s and Chefs of the Gibraltar FA .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2018, 06:11:11 pm »
William checks them going in, Pablo checks going out.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 07:34:49 am »
Gibraltar must be delighted to be playing us considering the teams they could have drawn.

Offline Belker

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2018, 10:02:59 am »
Mc Carthy doesn't inspire too much confidence in me, it was He that ran to the press back in the Saipan 2002 days whenever he had an issue with Keane.
Granted they were both like Babies throwing their toys out of the pram, but it was Keane's dismissal rather than Mc Carthy's leadership (which he took full credit fer) which inspired the Boy's in Green in to a last 16 spot, then they played Spain off the field, Ian Harte even missing a penalty, only to lose out in a penalty shoot-out.
There were players on that team that night that had never ever played like that before (Gary Breen being a prime example) a moderate player in his day and a journeyman, but he put in some performance that night and it wasn't Mc Carthy that inspired them, it was Keane's dismissal that inspired them.

john m

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2018, 02:18:45 pm »
None of them games will be sell outs the FAI would of preferred the Group of death at least they would of gotten full houses Georga and Gibraltar are no better than league of Ireland sides.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2018, 04:38:03 pm »
None of them games will be sell outs the FAI would of preferred the Group of death at least they would of gotten full houses Georga and Gibraltar are no better than league of Ireland sides.

I'd say Georgia and Gibraltar are saying the same about Irish football!!

john m

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2018, 05:28:29 pm »

I'd say Georgia and Gibraltar are saying the same about Irish football!!

Og course they are .The Plumber from Gibraltar will be favourite for first goal scorer when they play us .If the Bus driver can get the day off for the game he will play in goal .

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2018, 11:48:58 pm »
Up Gibrovia:

Offline Belker

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2018, 09:00:45 am »
Mc Carthy was a moderate enough player in his day and his nick-name as a defender was "Bite me Legs" which kinda speaks fer itself.
His own one international claim to fame was the magnificent long throw-in he took against the USSR in the Euros of 1998 which landed at Ronnie Whelan's foot where he then volleyed it in to the top Right hand corner of the USSR net !! And as far as I can remember that was Mc Carthy's only ever inspiring moment and he has being living off that Once off Throw ever since.

Below is a 1.29 min utube video of that same Throw, sorry that it is in a 'Yaki-Da' language;

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2018, 04:33:33 pm »
No probs Ken...we're all fluent in yaki-da round here....sure yerself and the erm are fluent in talkin shite and bollox!!

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2018, 07:06:36 am »
Glossolalia.

Offline Belker

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2018, 08:28:43 am »
No probs Ken...we're all fluent in yaki-da round here....sure yerself and the erm are fluent in talkin shite and bollox!!
Granted, I'm good at talkin' Shite 'n Bollox Hal, but to compare me to the Erm ?
I'm not fit to tie his shoe-laces !!

I've met the Erm in person, the man is a walking Pantomine, ya never know what he will come out with next ?
One minute he is up chatting up the barmaid usually Forty years his junior and having her in stitches laughing
and the next he is sat at our table talking deep politics about border crossing's !

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2018, 04:53:01 pm »
https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/bad-news-for-travelling-irish-fans-as-gibraltar-reveal-plans-to-play-mick-mccarthys-first-game-on-home-soil-37594444.html

Bad news for travelling Irish fans as Gibraltar reveal plans to play Mick McCarthy's first game on home soil

Daniel McDonnell 
December 4 2018 5:45 PM

GIBRALTAR have informed the FAI that they plan to host their opening Euro 2020 qualifier with Ireland on home soil.
And that will mean that the Irish travelling support at the 2,300 capacity Victoria Stadium is likely to be restricted to just 300.

Irish demand for the March 23 encounter is sure to be much higher given it's the first match of Mick McCarthy's second stint in charge.

The FAI are currently working through the logistics of the match venue with their counterparts in Gibraltar.

Three years ago, Ireland played the international newcomers in Portugal as they had no suitable venue.

Victoria Stadium still falls short of UEFA requirements, but they did get dispensation to play their UEFA Nations League matches there.

Show Unread Posts