Author Topic: Near perfect  (Read 21401 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: Near perfect
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2018, 01:38:57 pm »
I'll throw my usual fiver on 2 or 3 dark horses. Would be a little concerned that Mensur has been off the TV stage for a bit now. When you were embroiled in the Minehead frolics, did you notice how improved Bunting is as a player? He bottled it in the 1/4's, but he might just be on the up.

I did. In fact I had him at 9/4 in a tenner treble in the Saturday Evening session with Lennon (won after going 5-0 or 5-1 down) and Rapid Ricky Evans (throwing noticeably slower of late) who let me down, losing to Johnny Clayton - himself full of confidence after beating van Gerwen in the group stage at Wolverhampton. Shame really, Evans'  shark song walk on woulda been great craic in the main arena!

Anywaysanall I've enough of my winnings from Minehead "reinvested" now:
€20 Gerwin Price 80/1 - Bet365
€20 Michael Smith 14/1 - Bet365
€20 Daryl Gurney 33/1 - Bet365
€10 Adrian Lewis 70/1 - Bet365
€5 Stephen Burton 1000/1 - Bet365
€5 Steve Lennon (signs his name Stephen) 1000/1 - Betfair Exchange
... and lost a tenner on Lisa Ashton on Betfair Exchange last night but get a free €5 sports book accumulator to chase that!

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2018, 03:08:30 pm »
My father was a world champion at darts, many years ago.
I threw myself up until a few years ago. The wife even bought me a dartboard but wont let me hang it anywhere in the house, go figure

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2018, 03:22:55 pm »
I threw myself up until a few years ago. The wife even bought me a dartboard but wont let me hang it anywhere in the house, go figure

There's a couple of lads on here do sheds....give them a shout....but not a timeframe!!

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2018, 03:55:07 pm »

There's a couple of lads on here do sheds....give them a shout....but not a timeframe!!
rofl  rofl
I have one but I’m not putting the board out there. It’ll get covered in cobwebs and get damp

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2018, 04:26:23 pm »
Why would you play in a shed when you've got a gaff... like blokes cooking on barbecues a few yards from fully fitted kitchens... Get the misses a hammer and a nail this year...

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2018, 09:21:19 am »
Van Barneveld gone.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2018, 12:05:57 pm »
Wright, too... and Burton, that's one fiver down. Lennon won in straight sets last night against poor opposition. Showed his class at various stages but missed a few pressure doubles, will need to do better to progress further. However, there was a lot to like about his performance... apart from the 180s and the couple of ton plus checkouts, he has the demeanour of a champion in the making... looks at ease on the big stage and shows no emotion, sticks to his way of doing things regardless of circumstances e.g going T19 on 81 despite having previously missed 5 or 6 at D12/D6, going big 5 on 25 despite the big 5 blocking the double when he came inside the double 10 on his last visit, stays on stage during every break, etc... also liked the way he avoided eye contact every time Bailey (his opponent) wanted to congratulate him on a good finish or whatever. Exchanging "good darts our" and "thanks our" is grand down the pub but there's no place for it in the professional game... in fact it was one of Taylor's best tricks over the years, a little compliment here and there to make his opponent think of his approval and ultimately him rather than focus on their own game!

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2018, 12:33:07 pm »
Three Irish players in round 2, if we count Brendan Dolan as Irish... Dolan plays Joe Cullen this afternoon, William O'Connor (v James Wilson) this evening and Lennon (v Alan Norris) tomorrow afternoon. I don't think we can claim Londonderry's Daryl Gurney - already through to round 3!

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2018, 12:38:21 pm »
Wright has had an annus horribilis, as the German reptile once said. Gurney seems to spend every cheque on more Vauxhall Cavaliers. Reported to have a vast collection of them up near Altnagelvin hospital outside Derry city. Hope Bunting wins a big one soon..torrid time with depression and rejecting the claims he is the real Billy Bunter.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2018, 12:48:30 pm »
I don't think Bunting can beat Anderson or van Gerwen... but he's in the other side of the draw so he'd have to make the final before that's an issue. For me, Dimitri -vs- Clayton has the makings of a great game and I reckon the winner of that will send Bunting home in round 3!

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2018, 02:04:53 pm »
Wright has had an annus horribilis,

Wright, for me, ruled himself out of contention when he finished runner up to van Gerwen in one of the TV tournaments a while back... spoke about himself as not being in the same class as Anderson and van Gerwen... with that attitude he never will be. I know Price and Gurney have done similar but they both have a bit more going on upstairs... Price was obviously rubbing it in for Anderson without sinking to his level and trading insults. Similarly, Gurney's "thinking of giving it up", etc comments in response to van Gerwen suggesting he doesn't deserve to be in the top 8 was pure nonsense - where else would he earn the kinda poke he gets for throwing arrows - Of course, he was still happy to agree with Michael as he took stg£100,000 out of his phoca last month!

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2018, 08:18:34 pm »
Dolan and O'Connor both through to round 3, hopefully Lennon will join them tomorrow...Willy played out of his skin, maybe Lennon getting into the top 32 has given him a bit of a jolt. Dolan playing better than he has for a long time too.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2018, 07:30:17 am »
Pity Durrant didn't do a switcheroo last yr. Wright messes around too much with his darts and his hair.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2018, 10:52:08 am »
BDO probably struggling more now than ever before. Bob Potter was going to pull sponsorship of their World Championship if they couldn't find a terrestrial TV carrier. They eventually found Quest (part of Discovery) who will share rights with Eurosport.... having gone from BBC to C4 to Quest, they're really scraping the bottom of the barrel. Also, under new rules their players can compete in the PDC Q school tournaments without being suspended for a couple of years as was previously the case. This year will see Lisa Ashton and the once pretty Russian bird (who was previously suspended for playing in the PDC) compete in the BDO Ladies World Championship having already competed in the PDC event.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2018, 11:09:53 am »
Quest?......did not know that......presumed that lanky chap with the massive honker on C4 would be annoying me again this Jan....that the channel that shows the Heavy Rescue fat lads in Canada?

Show Unread Posts