Author Topic: Near perfect  (Read 21405 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: Near perfect
« Reply #90 on: January 03, 2019, 09:07:53 pm »
That's over 400,000 kilos... it probably doesn't owe you a whole lot, you'd be mad to put a new head on it at that kilometreage anyway. Good luck with the new yoke.

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #91 on: January 03, 2019, 09:11:17 pm »
Yes over 400k, I have it over 5 years now, paid off 2 years ago, saved about 5k when I bought it and I still haven’t spent that on the car so I’m quids in. Saved about 7-8k on this new yoke.

And thanks

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #92 on: January 05, 2019, 01:35:01 pm »
BDO version just started on Quest. Don't see enough of their players to know their form but there has to be a live outsider or two with the bookies going 11/10 Durrant, 10/1 bar... A couple of ex PDC players in the lineup including Wes Newton and Andy Hamilton but I guess a watching brief is best advised for the first round at least... The Quest/Eurosport pundits - including Chris Mason, Martin Adams and Paul Nicholson - might give some insight.

https://www.oddschecker.com/darts/bdo-world-championship/winner

Offline Bubba Ho-Tep

« Reply #93 on: January 05, 2019, 01:36:55 pm »
Incredible... been playing for fourty odd years never even came close to a one eighty...

Better darts more money so more professional players .Like snooker Cliff the Canadian was first to get a147 now Ronnie does it for fun .Alex Higgind Joe Davis ReX Williams who were world snooker champs wouldnt be allowed sweep up in a snooker hall today .Higgins wouldnt get his game for the Inchicore Working Mans Club .Steve Davis wouldnt even be the Best Player in Q s Clondalkin .A good club runner would beat Roger Bannister
Dixie Deans still going strong :D

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #94 on: January 09, 2019, 02:29:12 pm »
Not a whole lot to take from Round 1, nobody playing particularly well. I think I'll have a tenner on each of the Scotts (name not county)... Mitchell @ c.10/1 and Waites @ c.18/1.

https://www.betfair.com/exchange/plus/darts/market/1.152062925

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #95 on: January 10, 2019, 08:11:02 am »
Martin/Wolfie looks heavily medicated. Pity Mason and the Geordie rent boy wouldn't shut up.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #96 on: January 13, 2019, 04:19:32 pm »
Have a runner in the final anyway with Waites. I see he's having a go at the PDC Q School this year... funny, last time he won the BDO he coulda got a PDC tour card with guaranteed entry to all the majors, maybe even a Premier League spot...

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #97 on: January 14, 2019, 07:33:37 am »
Didn't know that and I can't understand why he's doing it. He's earned far more than Durrant over they yrs as a BDO player and has a highly successful business. Nicholson reckoned himself that he wouldn't go near that Q-school thing as he's not good enough. Said that when Suzuki was showing the women how to play darts. Durrant can work flexi in his game so he could possibly go PDC route.............but can't see it. They seem to have no lives at all for 7 months of the yr. Disappointing tournament overall in my view, with the little Jap being the only highlight.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #98 on: January 14, 2019, 11:25:00 am »
Durrant is going to Q school too, I believe. It's all down to the rule changes. Last year Daryl Fitton and Tony O'Shea unsuccessfully competed in Q school. Fitton was banned from this year's Lakeside as a result but O'Shea wasn't because he hadn't competed in the previous year's event (didn't qualify)... The rules have changed from this year so anyone can compete without being banned from next year's Lakeside and there's no contractual obligation to repay monies won at the Lakeside if you compete in the PDC within two years, as was previously the case.

It was the compensation rule that Durrant says stopped him moving to the PDC (again, wouldn't have had to go near Q school) for the last two years. However, I've heard from folk who'd know a lot more about it than me that that's complete bollox as the PDC would have paid back the £100/200k as part of any deal as they (allegedly) did for Bunting, King, van Barnaveld and probably others over the years.

One has to wonder why Barry Hearn hasn't increased the number of PDC tour cards on offer to put the final nail in the coffin of the BDO. Bob Potter is thought to be against the rule changes with some suggesting that he only signed a one year deal to sponsor/host this year's BDO World Championship for that reason. However, if he did only sign a one year deal I suspect that's more down to the TV coverage than anything else. Being on a mainstream channel obviously attracts more viewers and comes with the benefit of the Lakeside being advertised in every promo run during more popular programmes, etc...

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #99 on: January 14, 2019, 11:29:11 am »
^^ There was a few decent enough games in the men's event but the Japanese lady definitely stole the show... and Ricky Evans' walk on music! I'd say she could worry a few of the men in the PDC if she goes that route next year!

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #100 on: January 14, 2019, 11:32:12 am »
You know more than me on the subject.............didn't know any of the above except that Potter owned the Lakeside. I'll give the BDO credit in how they handle the crowds and don't insist on paying customers having to flash sponsor cards every time the cameras move. There's still a nostalgic feel to a BDO tournament. I see Scotty too Hotty has had the eyes done........no more bags. Hard to hide the creases when you're a baldy.

I'm just raging Wonderburger Unterbruchner did a Bunting on Saturday........stuck a few quid on him before heading to Parnell Park.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #101 on: January 14, 2019, 11:48:50 am »
I'd say the only reason they don't have sponsor's cards is 'cos they can't get sponsors! The Lakeside took over sponsoring as well as hosting the WC a few years back, although there must be some money coming from TV rights. It looks like a good environment for darts though, wouldn't mind going over some year if it survives but I believe it's a lot more expensive than broadly similar PDC events like those held in Minehead and I'd have to work through the silly season to take a relatively expensive week off in January. I think Red's at the Players Championship is similar in size and atmosphere to the Lakeside and I enjoyed that, in fact I'll probably go again this year.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #102 on: January 16, 2019, 10:46:27 am »
Full list of entries given in link:

https://www.pdc.tv/news/2019/01/15/durrant-headlines-uk-q-school-entries

Durrant Headlines UK Q School Entries

ENTRIES for 2019 PDC UK Qualifying School are now confirmed, with 397 players - including Lakeside Champion Glen Durrant - set to compete for PDC Tour Cards in Wigan from January 17-20.

A total of 19 PDC Tour Cards will be on offer at the Robin Park Tennis Centre, with the final two players on each of the four days winning an automatic PDC Tour Card.

In addition, players will earn ranking points per victory in each full round of the event (which does not include Byes), which will be used to form the UK Q School Order of Merit, from which the top 11 players will win Tour Cards.

Three-time World Champion John Part is among the players to have entered UK Qualifying School, along with televised title winner Kevin Painter and former PDC World Championship finalists Andy Hamilton and Kirk Shepherd.

Former PDC televised finalists Wes Newton, Colin Osborne, Barrie Bates, Richie Burnett and Mark Walsh will also be competing, along with 2018/19 World Championship participants Aden Kirk and Stephen Burton.

A number of other experienced PDC stars will attempt to return to the PDC circuit, including former ranking event winners Jamie Caven, Andy Jenkins and Joe Murnan and former UK Open semi-finalists David Pallett and Andrew Gilding.

Three-time Lakeside Champion Glen Durrant heads the list of BDO players taking part, alongside two-time champion Scott Waites and they are joined by 2018 Grand Slam of Darts participants Mark McGeeney and Jim Williams.

Lisa Ashton and Anastasia Dobromyslova, former Lakeside Women’s Champions who also competed in the PDC World Championship last month, headline a list of female entrants which also includes three-time UK Open qualifier Deta Hedman and recent Lakeside runner-up Lorraine Winstanley.

International hopefuls in action in Wigan include four players who starred in the 2018/19 World Championship; Brazil's Diogo Portela, Hong Kong's Royden Lam, India's Nitin Kumar and American Chuck Puleo.

With UK Qualifying School entries now confirmed, the top seven players from the European Qualifying School Order of Merit have secured Tour Cards.

Follow DartConnect and pdc.tv from January 17-20 for live results from UK Qualifying School, which starts at 1030 GMT each day.

All games are the best of nine legs.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #103 on: January 16, 2019, 10:48:01 am »
A couple of names not on the list are interesting... Wesley Harms, Scott Mitchell... are the bookies offering odds on next year's Lakeside, assuming there will be a Lakeside next year...

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #104 on: January 21, 2019, 10:36:39 am »
Durrant got a tour card, as did Mark McGeeney and Conan Whitehead. Scott Waites didn't. Full list/report at:

https://www.pdc.tv/news/2019/01/20/2019-pdc-tour-card-holders

Show Unread Posts