Author Topic: Armed Robbery of Taximan  (Read 7030 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Armed Robbery of Taximan
« on: December 07, 2018, 06:05:17 pm »
View CCTV footage at:

https://www.thesun.ie/uncategorized/3485604/thug-knife-taxi-man-throat-dublin/

TAXI HORROR Frightening moment thug puts knife up to taxi man’s throat during horror hold-up in west Dublin

THIS is the frightening moment a knife was held up to the throat of a Dublin taxi man during a horrifying mugging.

Shocking CCTV footage shows the driver pulling up at a destination to complete a routine fare.

However, the man in the rear of the car grabs the taxi driver and pulls a knife around his throat.

The thug then shouts: “All of the money now, give me all of the money now.

“Every last euro quick, notes, notes, I want coin racks, everything.”

The visibly shaken driver hands over everything he has including his mobile phone.

After the driver empties his pockets, the yob flees from the vehicle and can be seen sprinting away.

It is understood the incident took place in west Dublin last October.

Offline watty

Re: Armed Robbery of Taximan
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 06:52:56 pm »
At least the robber was polite enough not to swear...

Didn't say 'please' either, the cnut  ::fds

dalymount

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2018, 12:05:54 pm »
Even if this peice of filth is caught,there will be a barrister there to tell the judge what a hard background he had,and upon a donation to the court poor box he will probably walk.I feel so sorry for that poor driver,it was a harrowing experience for him

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2018, 01:51:46 pm »
It's getting all too frequent up above in Dublin these days. I wonder if an app based panic button system would help, kinda like a virtualised version of the old flashing roof sign, maybe even coupled with a flashing roof sign?

I'm not sure that it would have been of any use in this case as the driver appeared to have no reason to suspect that the passenger would rob him. The video footage suggests that the perpetrator was just an ordinary Dub, not a traveller or an immigrant.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2018, 07:51:52 pm »
I'd avoid the area, but it quotes West Dublin which is rather large.
Maybe just avoid people with Flat Dublin accents...Bud!

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2018, 10:19:50 pm »
The driver didn't look local...i might be wrong....some fuks just look like they shouldn't be picked up!!

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2018, 11:16:32 am »
....some fuks just look like they shouldn't be picked up!!

That's it in a nutshell.

Offline Firewall

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2018, 01:19:50 pm »
Sometimes it's hard to avoid picking up a scumbag, especially if you are on a rank, they can just get in without you checking them.
I only picked up women first, then followed by blokes, as blokes would attack you first. Only pick up street hails, after scoping someone out. If they looked anyway dodgy, keep driving.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2018, 01:41:10 pm »
Most of my clients have Dublin accents. We didn't get a great look at the rider in the video but he sounded reasonably coherent and if wearing normal clothing standing outside a bar or whatever there would be no reason to refuse service. Even travellers can scrub up well and catch you out if they're away from their normal haunts. One to be weary of is when a female flags you and a male appears out of the shadows, that's one of the travellers favourite tricks.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2018, 02:02:28 pm »
Yis won't be able to distinguish the robber scumbags from the normal folks who just wanna get home.I picked up a bloke in Ballyfermot one day who was in the papers for robbing at beating another taxi driver while off his head.Other stuff too but it's not relevant.He's locked up for the taxi beating right now.Total headcase with drugs and drink in his system but looks pretty normal during the day.Once we got chatting I figured out who he was and we had a friendly chat.He knows a relation of mine from way back.An Absolute gent with a lot of problems.I guarantee yis wouldn't pick this guy out as a header during the day or maybe even at night if he was sober.All ya can do is try to manage the situation as it happens.

Offline Firewall

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2018, 02:07:04 pm »
I'm wondering what is the best way to get out of a situation if someone pulls a knife on you, sitting behind. While I wouldn't be too happy handing over my earnings(although most of work is account), I really don't want to be handing over my €500 phone.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2018, 02:09:36 pm »
Unless you've got some special training give them all your shit and hope you catch up with them another time.Take the loss and move on.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2018, 02:16:00 pm »
One to be weary of is when a female flags you and a male appears out of the shadows, that's one of the travellers favourite tricks.

Traveller wimmin are generally easy to spot.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2018, 02:18:08 pm »
Generally, yes... but not always.

dalymount

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2018, 02:57:45 pm »
Cops are terrified of knackers,they will tackle anyone but not cream crackers

Show Unread Posts