Author Topic: wrong trade  (Read 15096 times)

Offline Shallowhal

Re: wrong trade
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2018, 12:26:58 pm »
I've seen him around town but always looks like he's late for an Airport pickup.I reckon he would be less stressed just working the cab normally and getting paid to sit in the traffic.

Have to agree....that just seems more like you're employed...having to be places at certain times....seems to deadliney to me.

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2018, 12:33:14 pm »
It was a big change too for a man who said ....he could not go to work because he had to check his internet blog?
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2018, 12:33:23 pm »
It's stressful enough on a motorbike but trying to race through traffic in a taxi isnt much fun.

Yesterday I picked up on Mespil road about 4pm going to Heuston.When I got there the meter had 16 quid on it thanks to the traffic and was lucky to get a score with a tip.During the recession that was an 11 euro fare.Roys probably only getting 20/25 to go to the airport.Unless he's increased his rates lately, set fares can be hurt yer wallet.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2018, 12:39:10 pm »
It was a big change too for a man who said ....he could not go to work because he had to check his internet blog?

I think it was because "someone is wrong on the internet"

S'pose RC has stepped into that particular breach...and probably just as contrary!!

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2018, 12:50:51 pm »
Roy is a regular enough poster here...still wearing that Dubs jersey that he poured himself into.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2018, 12:55:43 pm »
Roy is a regular enough poster here...still wearing that Dubs jersey that he poured himself into.

Did he save his legs?

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2018, 01:40:48 pm »
Howya Roy.... Yur site was much better than rattles....  ;D
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2018, 02:16:09 pm »
Howya Roy.... Yur site was much better than rattles....  ;D

Yeah...i miss the sluts dressin up at Halloween comments.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2018, 05:31:15 am »
Can't say I miss the Sgt-Major, Spookie. When he changed genders- that was the final straw.

john m

« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2019, 02:49:59 pm »
More broken stuff and lads want a fucking fortune to mend it .She bled the rads yesterday and this morning the heating wont turn on .She rings engineer he wants 60 for a call out and says sounds like the boiler needs a service even though it was done in November and might be problem with the burner .I tell him he is a bollox trying to rip her off and he gets told to fuck off ..If you bleed your rads on a sealed ststem the water pressure falls and the safety switch wont let you start the boiler .Its a simple job to represssurize the ststem .Check out Youtube  Its a simple DIY job ,these lads have been creaming it in for doing absolutely nothing .

Need to explain to the Governer her House insurance does not cover the central heating boiler ,its up to you to maintain it in line with manufacturers recomendation a burst pipe is a different story .A lot of these plumbers will tell you they get paid cash by you and you claim it back ,that was the story this lad was spinning .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2019, 03:25:01 pm »
Did the recession teach you nothing? Put a jumper on and stop complaining.

john m

« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2019, 04:27:12 pm »

Most of this stuff I can do myself but I just cant be bothered Biggest problem doing anything at home is her that knows everything barking out instructions

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2019, 04:31:11 pm »

Most of this stuff I can do myself but I just cant be bothered Biggest problem doing anything at home is her that knows everything barking out instructions

Throw her a bone John!!

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2019, 04:39:26 pm »
If topping up doesn't solve it the most likely culprit is dirt in the differential valve. There's usually a microswitch on the front of the valve with two wires. As a quick test either try to manually close the switch by moving the lever that's operated by the valve or short the two wires together (switch off electricity while joining the wires)... if the boiler fires up and the pump runs after doing that you've found the fault. Should be easy enough to dismantle the valve and clean the shit out of it, being careful not to damage the rubber diaphragm. Either way closing/shorting that switch should turn the circulation pump on... if it doesn't you could be looking at a pump but, again, I'd be inclined to dismantle/clean it before shelling out hard earned... bleeding often shifts dirt around the system.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 04:49:47 pm by Rat Catcher »

john m

« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2019, 04:56:31 pm »
It was water pressure just check the guage on front of boiler should reasd 1.5 bar be carefull when repressurizing not to over fill .Imsure we probably have a plumber as a member

Show Unread Posts