Author Topic: Carnage On Irish Roads  (Read 34468 times)

Offline Shallowhal

Re: Carnage On Irish Roads
« Reply #150 on: May 16, 2019, 05:19:10 pm »
A birra billy whizz for the fulltime professional driver.

Offline Belker

« Reply #151 on: May 16, 2019, 07:55:37 pm »
Drunk would suggest under the influence of alcohol, I guess. As evident in the above reports cocaine abuse is probably a bigger issue these days. I believe it's commonly used by "professional" drivers to stay awake for longer shifts. In fact I've been offered cocaine several times by dealers who have told me "all" taxi drivers use it. I certainly don't and never will but that seems to tie in with drivers unions, including TTnH and ITDF, making representations on behalf of drug dealing (would be) double jobbing taxi drivers in court.
"All" would indeed be an over estimate, personally I would have known of 3 regular users, One reformed, One ate his gun and the other fella is a accident waiting to happen.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #152 on: May 16, 2019, 09:25:23 pm »
Drunk would suggest under the influence of alcohol, I guess. As evident in the above reports cocaine abuse is probably a bigger issue these days. I believe it's commonly used by "professional" drivers to stay awake for longer shifts. In fact I've been offered cocaine several times by dealers who have told me "all" taxi drivers use it. I certainly don't and never will but that seems to tie in with drivers unions, including TTnH and ITDF, making representations on behalf of drug dealing (would be) double jobbing taxi drivers in court.
"All" would indeed be an over estimate, personally I would have known of 3 regular users, One reformed, One ate his gun and the other fella is a accident waiting to happen.

"will contestant No 3 come out....yes folks it Ken Cash!!

Offline Belker

« Reply #153 on: May 16, 2019, 09:41:12 pm »

"will contestant No 3 come out....yes folks it Ken Cash!!

Naw ! Drugs were never my thing, actually I'm totally anti-Drugs, even prescription drugs. If I need a few pain killers like fer me ulcer last year then I will take them but apart from that I'm totally Drug free.

They don't hand these out Willy-Nilly to Drug addicts;

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #154 on: May 16, 2019, 10:19:01 pm »

When did the Irish term of 'Drunken Driving' turn in to the American term of 'Driving under the influence' (DUI) ?
Most likely that they can now charge you with being drugged up too.
Easier to say Druving under the influence of
A: drink
B: drugs

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #155 on: May 17, 2019, 05:30:33 pm »

When did the Irish term of 'Drunken Driving' turn in to the American term of 'Driving under the influence' (DUI) ?
Most likely that they can now charge you with being drugged up too.
Easier to say Druving under the influence of
A: drink
B: drugs
Add in Nagging Wife and Backseat driver.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #156 on: May 18, 2019, 02:53:39 pm »
https://www.newstalk.com/news/suspected-hit-run-dublin-860782

Motorcyclist seriously injured in suspected hit-and-run in Dublin

Michael Staines
21.28 17 MAY 2019

Gardaí are appealing for witnesses after a motorcyclist was seriously injured in what investigators believe may have been a hit-and-run in Dublin city centre.

The incident happened on Amiens Street near the junction of Store Street at around 10:20pm last Thursday May 9th.

Gardaí said the motorcyclists, a 27-year-old man from the Fairview area, received serious injuries when he was struck by a car.

He was treated at the scene by emergency services before being removed to the Mater Hospital where he is receiving ongoing treatment for multiple injuries.

Investigators said they understand from their inquiries that his bike might have been hit from behind by a dark saloon-type car while travelling out of the city.

The car failed to remain at the scene.

This evening Gardaí issued an appeal to anyone who may have witnessed the incident to come forward. They are particularly interested in talking to any motorists who may have dash cam footage of the incident.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Store Street Garda Station.

Offline watty

« Reply #157 on: May 18, 2019, 05:34:35 pm »
The incident happened on Amiens Street near the junction of Store Street at around 10:20pm last Thursday May 9th.
Where's the Guards when you need them, eh?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #158 on: May 28, 2019, 05:14:07 pm »
https://www.rte.ie/news/leinster/2019/0527/1052056-crash/

Two dead after crash between car and lorry in Offaly

Updated / Tuesday, 28 May 2019 08:41

By Ciaran Mullooly
Midlands Correspondent

An eight-year-old boy and a man in his 30s have died after a collision between a car and an articulated lorry in Co Offaly.

The incident happened near Killeigh on the Tullamore to Mountmellick road at around 5pm.

A nine-year-old girl, who was a passenger in the car was airlifted to Our Lady's Children's Hospital, Crumlin, with life-threatening injuries.

A man, who was also travelling in the car,  was injured and taken to the Midlands Regional Hospital, Tullamore.

The man who was driving the lorry was also taken to hospital in Tullamore.

His injuries are described as minor.

The road was closed for a technical examination but has since reopened.

Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact Tullamore Garda Station on 057-9327600 or the Garda Confidential line on 1800-666111.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #159 on: May 31, 2019, 01:15:57 pm »
Pedestrian dies in hit-and-run in Dublin https://jrnl.ie/4662528

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #160 on: May 31, 2019, 02:41:01 pm »
Cocaine gick.... Cloggin yur arteries an slowing yur physical down an turnin yu into
A dope an a heart attack at 50... Gobshites
Wats wrong wit goin for a walk an listning to the birdies an sniffin the fresh air
Poor cnuts

https://youtu.be/6bWyhj7siEY
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #161 on: May 31, 2019, 03:40:19 pm »
https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/man-in-his-20s-killed-in-hit-and-run-in-north-dublin-last-night-38166356.html

Man in his 20s killed in hit and run in North Dublin last night

Gabija Gataveckaite
May 31 2019 7:09 AM

Gardaí are investigating after a man in his early 20s was killed in a hit and run in North Dublin late last night.
The pedestrian was struck down by an articulated lorry at approximately 12.20am on the Swords Road (N1) in Whitehall at the Collins Avenue Junction in the north of Dublin city last night.

He was then taken to the nearby Beaumont Hospital, where he later died. The road was closed overnight to facilitate a garda forensic investigation, and has since been re-opened.

The HGV vehicle did not stop at the incident and is reported to have been travelling from Whitehall, in the direction of Donnycarney in the northside of the city. The vehicle was white and was not carrying a trailer at the time.

Dublin City Councillor Artane-Whitehall Patricia Roe described the loss of the young man as 'absolutely horrific'.

"It's shocking and we're very upset for him and his famiily," she said.

"Because it's a hit and run, it makes it so much worse and I think the driver should go to the guards."

"I would like to extend my deepest sympathies to his family," she said.

The councillor explained that Swords Road is prone to heavy congestion.

"It's such a busy road here, there's traffic all day and night because of the airport and HGVs come in from the port," she added.

"This is the second busiest road in Ireland and myself and others campaigned to take HGVs off our roads after a young boy was killed at a crossing 20 years ago," she explained.

"We're so used to hearing ambulances, we hear them all the tie and we don't even notice them anymore," she concluded.

Gardaí have requested for anybody with information who was in the Collins Avenue Junction area at the time to contact them and are appealing to drivers who may have dash cam footage or information of the movements of the HGV believed to be involved in the incident.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Santry Garda Station on 01 666 4000, the Garda Confidential Line on 1800 666 111, or any Garda Station.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #162 on: May 31, 2019, 03:42:48 pm »
https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/emergency-services-rush-scene-bus-16229384

Emergency services rush to scene of bus and truck crash on N7 in Dublin

By William Dunne Digital Journalist
20:45, 30 MAY 2019 UPDATED21:26, 30 MAY 2019

Emergency services have rushed to the scene of a bus and truck crash on the N7 in Dublin.

The collision happened at the Nass Roundabout on the N7 outbound at around 5.40pm.

Gardai are at the scene. Emergency services are dealing with non life threatening injuries.

A garda spokesperson said: "Gardaí and emergency services are currently at the scene of a serious road traffic collision on the N7.

"The incident involving a truck and a bus occurred on the N7, Naas Rd outbound on 30th May 2019 at approximately 5.40pm.

"We are currently dealing with non life threatening injuries and will issue further updates. Two lanes have re opened and updates will be provided via Garda Traffic Twitter."

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #163 on: May 31, 2019, 03:44:05 pm »
https://www.rte.ie/news/2019/0530/1052691-three-women-die-in-limerick-road-crash/

Three women in their 70s die in Limerick road crash

Updated / Friday, 31 May 2019 06:13

Three women in their 70s have died following a road crash in Co Limerick.

The crash, which involved two cars, happened at around 6.30pm on the Listowel side of Loughill village.

One of the women, who was the driver and sole occupant of one of the cars, was declared dead at the scene.

The driver and the passenger of the second car were also both pronounced dead at the scene.

A third occupant, also a woman in her 70s, has been taken to University Hosptial Limeirkc with serious but non-life threatening injuries.

Gardaí have said the road is currently closed but diversions are in place.

An appeal for witnesses has been made, and anyone with information is asked to contact Newcastle West Garda Station on 069-20650, or any garda station.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #164 on: June 03, 2019, 04:44:09 pm »
I don't think RC asked!!

Truck driver charged over fatal collision with pedestrian  https://jrnl.ie/4666161

Show Unread Posts