Author Topic: Carnage On Irish Roads  (Read 34060 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: Carnage On Irish Roads
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2018, 01:23:50 pm »
Watched the darts myself. If it was that quiet you shoulda gone the other way. I was inundated with mytaxi offers in Drogheda last Sat night, well Sun morning to be pedantic. I didn't take any because it was after 02:00 so the bonus had ceased.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2018, 01:35:09 pm »
Drogheda seemed quiet last night....apart from the taxi driver who was robbed,had his car taken from him on the Termonfeckin Rd.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2018, 01:43:31 pm »
mytaxi job?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2018, 01:46:35 pm »
I was half thinking of trying days in Drogheda in the new year but I was up there yesterday and the traffic was atrocious, every bit as bad as up above in Dublin and, as I don't have a Loud licence, I wouldn't be able to use the official ranks so would be largely relying on mytaxi for work.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2018, 01:57:41 pm »
I try limit my driving to Mon/Tues around Drogheda town,if i have to go in i generally park on my side of the town or if i'm feeling it...i'll walk...evening time isn't too bad.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2018, 02:03:33 pm »
Just thought it might be satisfying to steal some work from those Loud men who dispatched all their immigrant drivers up to Dublin... not to mention the hundreds of country licensed drivers who work for mytaxi up above in Dublin.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2018, 02:39:50 pm »
https://www.rte.ie/news/2018/1215/1017393-limerick-death/

Man dies in hospital following Limerick road collision

Updated / Saturday, 15 Dec 2018 18:49

By Cathy Halloran
Mid West Correspondent

A 33-year-old man who was seriously injured in a road traffic accident in the village of Hospital in Co Limerick earlier this week has died.

Patryk Kacprowicz, a father of two who lived in Hospital for a number of years, was struck by a van on the main street in the village shortly after 5pm last Wednesday.

He was being treated for serious injuries at University Hospital Limerick, but died earlier today.

Gardaí at Bruff in Limerick are investing the collision and are appealing for any witnesses to come forward.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2018, 02:41:54 pm »
https://www.thesun.ie/news/3520616/cabbie-quizzed-cork-hit-and-run-dr-martin-lawlor-dead/

TOP DOC DIES Cabbie quizzed by gardai after top psychiatrist Dr Martin Lawlor dies in Cork hit-and-run

By Ann Mooney
15th December 2018, 8:58 pm Updated: 15th December 2018, 9:00 pm

A CABBIE is being quizzed by cops after a top psychiatrist died in a hit and run in the early hours of Saturday morning.

The collision happened in bad weather conditions on the N27 Airport Road on the outskirts of Cork city shortly after 5.30am.

Dr Martin Lawlor, 49, originally from Millstreet, Co Cork was employed by the HSE. He was highly respected in medical circles both in Ireland and the UK.

It’s understood he was walking towards Cork Airport where he was staying at a hotel when he was struck by a taxi which failed to stop at the scene.

The doctor had been due to catch a flight home to England, where his wife and children live.

Later at a garda checkpoint, cops noticed a taxi with a damaged windscreen and spoke to the driver about the earlier incident.

The driver, aged in his 60s, was arrested and taken to Togher Garda Station for questioning under Section 4 of the Criminal Justice Act.

The services of the State Pathologist’s office were requested and Dr Michael Curtis carried out a postmortem in Cork University Hospital yesterday.

Dr Lawlor was the programme lead and medical director of State of Mind Ireland which deals with mental illness in sport.

Online Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2018, 04:10:27 pm »
https://www.thesun.ie/news/3520616/cabbie-quizzed-cork-hit-and-run-dr-martin-lawlor-dead/

TOP DOC DIES Cabbie quizzed by gardai after top psychiatrist Dr Martin Lawlor dies in Cork hit-and-run

By Ann Mooney
15th December 2018, 8:58 pm Updated: 15th December 2018, 9:00 pm

A CABBIE is being quizzed by cops after a top psychiatrist died in a hit and run in the early hours of Saturday morning.

The collision happened in bad weather conditions on the N27 Airport Road on the outskirts of Cork city shortly after 5.30am.

Dr Martin Lawlor, 49, originally from Millstreet, Co Cork was employed by the HSE. He was highly respected in medical circles both in Ireland and the UK.

It’s understood he was walking towards Cork Airport where he was staying at a hotel when he was struck by a taxi which failed to stop at the scene.

The doctor had been due to catch a flight home to England, where his wife and children live.

Later at a garda checkpoint, cops noticed a taxi with a damaged windscreen and spoke to the driver about the earlier incident.

The driver, aged in his 60s, was arrested and taken to Togher Garda Station for questioning under Section 4 of the Criminal Justice Act.

The services of the State Pathologist’s office were requested and Dr Michael Curtis carried out a postmortem in Cork University Hospital yesterday.

Dr Lawlor was the programme lead and medical director of State of Mind Ireland which deals with mental illness in sport.
Jesus... Another death by taxi
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2018, 04:17:31 pm »
Old codger in his 60s, bad weather conditions, early hours of the morning. I wonder what speed the taxi was travelling at to kill the man?

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2018, 04:34:21 pm »
So it’s 75/25% serious accidents outside Dublin but it’s now 66/33% of fatalities outside The Pale.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2018, 05:32:40 pm »
I think he would have been safer in a taxi headin to the airport at that hour and in those weather conditions.

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2018, 05:52:23 pm »
fuckin hate the word "cabbie."
fuckin mary poppins.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2018, 06:23:18 pm »
fuckin hate the word "cabbie."
fuckin mary poppins.
Etymology:  Cabriolet.

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling