Author Topic: New years resolution  (Read 3614 times)

john m

New years resolution
« on: January 02, 2019, 06:41:22 am »
Go to work more often ,going to try a few day shifts .

Offline Belker

Re: New years resolution
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 07:19:38 am »
Day work is not fer me, Tariff One I hate and the traffic in Cork on Mon to Fri is too bad to be true.

My new years resolution is to Love more and Argue less.

Offline Belker

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 07:37:54 am »
I had this young lad (25'ish) in the car over Christmas, it was a MyTaxi job and I rang him to tell him I was outside. Out he comes in a huff over something or other and this lovely little Barbie like chungwan trailing behind him, they both sit in to the back seat and he rants and roars at her fer the whole journey over some First world 'He said, She said' problem. I'm thinking to myself fer the entire journey, 'Jaysus Lad, would you ever relax, Shut your mouth, get de Ryde, all will be OK tomorrow' but I never opened my mouth and he paid his fare and we all parted ways.
The next day he texted me asking did he leave a wallet in my cab and also apologizing fer being such a Dick-head in the cab the previous night. I searched the cab and found no wallet, so I text him back to say "No wallet found and by the way I'm 53 and if I had my time over, then I would have done a lot more Loving and a lot less Argueing".
He did text back to say Thanks on both counts.

john m

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 10:07:05 am »
I did a bit of work for an old property developer a few years ago and he called me aside and said "John you need to learn you dont have to win every battle to win the war "Took me a while to understand what he meant .Focus on the big prize and forget about the small stuff ,pick your battles wisely .

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 10:54:45 am »
Or as a wise man told me "The Fastest car does not always win the race" , you need to know when to slow down
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2019, 12:28:44 pm »

Very good Ken.....i think 2019 could be your comedy breakthrough!!

I don't make new year resolutions apart from maybe givin the missus a few extra lengths this year.....but that's the sort of selfless guy i am.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2019, 09:05:39 pm »

I don't make new year resolutions apart from maybe givin the missus a few extra lengths this year.....but that's the sort of selfless guy i am.
You're going to teach her to swim? 8)

Offline Belker

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2019, 06:34:03 am »

I don't need a comedy break through Hal, I already have a few Thousand of my 'Real life' books sold and about 200,000 hits on various forum's on my 7 best Fictional stories, I don't write much anymore as the seemingly 'Gift' of writing that once mysteriously bestowed itself upon me again mysteriously disappeared a short few years later.

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2019, 11:16:08 am »

I don't need a comedy break through Hal, I already have a few Thousand of my 'Real life' books sold and about 200,000 hits on various forum's on my 7 best Fictional stories, I don't write much anymore as the seemingly 'Gift' of writing that once mysteriously bestowed itself upon me again mysteriously disappeared a short few years later.

Wasn't yur one who wrote harry Potter the richest woman in England????
An she used tu live in a slum.... A single parent.....
I'm always amazed at how wit a couple euro of paper an ink you can become a billionaire......
Same wit the painting.....a euro of paint and a sheet of chipboard can sell for 100 million...... That's some fukin mark up.......
The difference is yu cant get away with grammar and spelling mistakes wit writing and they'll fukin laugh at yu for getting it wrong...... But you show them a load of paint trown at a wall and they don't know fuk all an buy any owl shite promoted by fraudster business men ... Like that Banksy fraud shite.... The cunts are pissin them selves laughin at the plebs who'd swallie anything
Poor cnuts
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2019, 02:11:00 pm »

You're going to teach her to swim? 8)

She'll be swimmin alri...in a sea of Hals filthy mouthwash...or a relaxing facial as i like to call it!!

Offline Belker

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2019, 06:46:42 am »
I'm always amazed at how wit a couple euro of paper an ink you can become a billionaire......
Same wit the painting.....a euro of paint and a sheet of chipboard can sell for 100 million...... That's some fukin mark up.......
The difference is yu cant get away with grammar and spelling mistakes wit writing and they'll fukin laugh at yu for getting it wrong...... But you show them a load of paint trown at a wall and they don't know fuk all an buy any owl shite promoted by fraudster business men ... Like that Banksy fraud shite.... The cunts are pissin them selves laughin at the plebs who'd swallie anything
Poor cnuts
I had a Netflix seemingly Senior Manager/Executive in my cab a few years back and Pitched my story at him, the chances are that most likely he was only the 'Tea-boy' but I made my Pitch none the less and I at least thought that I had sold myself well. He replied; "Naw, you have no chance, they only take from Professional Experienced writers, you would not believe the amount of Drivel that comes through our letterbox from Amateurs these days", and that kinda Killed my Netflix dream.

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2019, 08:19:56 am »
Poor cnuts
I had a Netflix seemingly Senior Manager/Executive in my cab a few years back and Pitched my story at him, the chances are that most likely he was only the 'Tea-boy' but I made my Pitch none the less and I at least thought that I had sold myself well. He replied; "Naw, you have no chance, they only take from Professional Experienced writers, you would not believe the amount of Drivel that comes through our letterbox from Amateurs these days", and that kinda Killed my Netflix dream.

The difference between success an failure....is not talent.... but Is a steadfast unyielding determined  relentless unstoppable  totally focused ruthless self belief
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline Belker

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2019, 08:36:39 am »
The difference between success an failure....is not talent.... but Is a steadfast unyielding determined  relentless unstoppable  totally focused ruthless self belief
Yep !  I had all that Once upon a time, when I self published 'Taxi Diaries' and self advertised it and defended it against all the critics on here and everywhere else. But it has been done once, no one is following in my footsteps and I myself could never handle all that criticism all over again. I might put up 'Taxi Diaries' and 'Taxi Diaries 2' on this forum some day. We will see !

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2019, 01:41:36 pm »
That sounds like a threat Ken.....reporting you to admin!! lol

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2019, 03:36:20 pm »
Or as a wise man told me "The Fastest car does not always win the race" , you need to know when to slow down
The Hare and the Tortoise.

Show Unread Posts