Author Topic: Gardaí probe link between hijacked taxi and €5,000 shop robbery  (Read 3394 times)

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/garda-probe-link-between-hijacked-taxi-and-5000-shop-robbery-37676985.html

Gardaí are investigating if a taxi that was hijacked in north Dublin was used in a €5,000 robbery at a grocery shop in a north Wicklow village.

A major investigation is ongoing into the robbery of the small shop that occurred in Delgany, Co Wicklow, at 4.30pm on Christmas Eve.

No arrests have yet been made in the case, with senior sources expressing "surprise" that the mini-market had a figure of €5,000 in its till when the raiders struck on Monday evening of last week.

No one was injured in the incident and there have been no arrests in the case, which is being investigated by Greystones gardaí backed up by their colleagues in Dublin.

In a completely separate case which is being investigated by officers from the Wicklow Garda division, officers are probing a sinister aggravated burglary which happened in the Woodview estate in Ashford at 11pm on Sunday.

Bats

An innocent family were terrorised when three masked men broke into their home armed with baseball bats and demanded to speak to a young man who was not present in the house at the time.

The balaclava-wearing thugs did not injure anyone in the household but stole a Playstation 4 console before escaping in a silver hatchback car.

No arrests have been made in this case either.

"This innocent family were subjected to a horrible ordeal late on Sunday night - thankfully no one was hurt but they were subjected to thugs armed with baseball bats entering their home and stealing from it," a senior source said.

Meanwhile, gardaí yesterday carried out a major search for weapons as part of their investigation into a double shooting at Mizzoni's Pizza in the Edenmore estate in the Raheny area of north Dublin.

Officers searched undergrowth at the Edenmore Pitch and Putt Club as a 44-year-old career criminal continued to be quizzed by detectives last night in relation to the double murder attempt.

The victims, who are Romanian nationals, have been named as Ionut Dateu (38), known locally as Johnny, and Vasile Bitica (28) and are employees at the pizzeria on the capital's northside.

The take-away remained closed yesterday afternoon.

One woman who was in the local Centra store said the shooting was shocking, and was the third robbery in as many months in the area.

"It's dreadful the way the area is gone. Nobody feels safe," she told the Irish Independent.

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
Re: Gardaí probe link between hijacked taxi and €5,000 shop robbery
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 08:42:49 am »
Who writes this shite?????
Clearly they suggesting an inside job...... "the guards we'r surprised there was 5000 in the till"
An in Edenmore they said.    " the gunman shouted gimme your cash"   before he blew holes in their torsos.....

I suppose the punters love the spectacular speculation adding spice to their post Christmas bored bird brains...... Like puttin tomatoes sauce on their breakfast roll first ting in the mornin outside mace sittin in their white van before they head off into Road rage Gotham city to the sound of horns an ambulances infesting their pea in a pod Unprogrammable evolutionary glitch
Waste of time collateral factory seconds cerebral waste of good food papier-mache mache blooby gunk scull gick
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline Octavia1

john m

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 10:38:03 am »
Tavi 1 are you maturing into a cynical old bastard like me .Media love sensationalizing .I read a story once headline read .Man falls to his death outside high rise appartment block .Article starts a man fell to his death outside high rised building then  police say it was accident and they believe the man tripped over a kerb .The High rised building played nopart other than to excite readers into expecting to read he splashed all over the road from a fall.

Offline Octavia1

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 11:17:22 am »
Yea johnny.... I'm in the grumpy old cnut stage of me life.... At least this morning....
I was reading an article this morning that says if yur a grumpy pessimistic paranoid..... You live longer........
Had a funny dream last nite that I was a superhero like neo in the matrix.....
" i was the one "  an it was up to me to save the world..... An I started flying all over darndale an Edenmore an neilstown an Ballybrack trown dumps all over the bad cnuts

https://youtu.be/X9J0jpVqbEk

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2019, 05:28:07 pm »
To be fair, we wouldn't hear anything about it if it was only a few hundred notes. It seems a bit mad to have 5 large in the till but if that's what they say was there I guess that's what was there. Similarly, hijacking a cab the other side of the city seems like a lot of effort to put into a grocery store holdup so it's fair to at least suspect the thieves had reason to believe it'd be worth their while.

The incident in Edenmore only made the news because a couple of immigrants were injured... 3 robberies in as many months according to the woman quoted and that's the only one to make the papers. "It's dreadful the way the area is gone. Nobody feels safe," she told the Irish Independent - fuck off, it was always a rough kip... at least when the bookies is robbed they have a fair idea of whodunnit by their absence.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 05:31:35 pm by Rat Catcher »

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2019, 05:33:06 pm »
at least when the bookies is robbed they have a fair idea of whodunnit by their absence.

Ermy?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2019, 05:35:36 pm »
Not his neck of the woods.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2019, 05:55:27 pm »
Working smart....two words i wouldn't normally....

Offline Octavia1

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2019, 07:13:01 pm »
Not his neck of the woods.
I grew up not a hundred yards from the pizza place ratti..... I've walked Edenmore night an day for bout 45 years..... Never once got any hassle........
Ide feel safer there than anywhere else in Dublin.... But then ide have  know who the fukin loopers wer ... An who to avoid....

Suppose the same applies to clondalkin, ballyfermot finglas etcetera etceters etcetera
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 07:15:36 pm by Octavia1 »

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2019, 07:48:49 pm »
I hung around the area a bit as a youngfella myself, Octy... in fact I was in the bookies for one armed robbery and just missed another two... but, similarly, I woulda known most of the headbangers...

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2019, 07:52:52 pm »
Who writes this shite?????
Clearly they suggesting an inside job...... "the guards we'r surprised there was 5000 in the till"
An in Edenmore they said.    " the gunman shouted gimme your cash"   before he blew holes in their torsos.....

I suppose the punters love the spectacular speculation adding spice to their post Christmas bored bird brains...... Like puttin tomatoes sauce on their breakfast roll first ting in the mornin outside mace sittin in their white van before they head off into Road rage Gotham city to the sound of horns an ambulances infesting their pea in a pod Unprogrammable evolutionary glitch
Waste of time collateral factory seconds cerebral waste of good food papier-mache mache blooby gunk scull gick
The story has, what we Journalists call EXTRA TOPPINGS!! 8)

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2019, 07:55:27 pm »
I hung around the area a bit as a youngfella myself, Octy... in fact I was in the bookies for one armed robbery and just missed another two... but, similarly, I woulda known most of the headbangers...
A One Armed Robbery? Now that I'd like to see!! 8)

Show Unread Posts