john m

Venue
« on: January 03, 2019, 08:39:29 pm »
Wrights Venue set to close .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: Venue
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 08:45:12 pm »
Not sure if that's good or bad. I used to work it on Friday/Saturday nights but I haven't bothered with it for the last year or two. You do get decent runs from it as you're more often than not straight onto the motorway network with the meter running at maximum speed but it does attract more than it's fair share of riff-raff, particularly since the Blacker closed. The question is, where will said riff-raff go... Swords or up above to Dublin, there's not much in between.

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 08:48:10 pm »
Very little between Swords and City now. Ahh well, glad I don’t work nights

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 08:53:37 pm »
There's been enough work about to ignore the Venue/Blacker riff-raff for the last couple of years, at least. The problem is the more they're dispersed the harder it is to avoid them... reopen the Blacker, I say!

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 08:58:42 pm »
There's been enough work about to ignore the Venue/Blacker riff-raff for the last couple of years, at least. The problem is the more they're dispersed the harder it is to avoid them... reopen the Blacker, I say!
And Barcode.

The Bloody Stream is gonna be a bit busier I’d say.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2019, 09:02:28 pm »
The Betsy is open.
Chalk board open.
Whether they admit Coked up Skangers is another matter.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2019, 09:48:52 pm »
They had notions from the get go...and then the great depression of 08 struck....and then no doubt the bank said lose your notions....and skangarama began!

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2019, 10:13:23 pm »
They had notions from the get go...and then the great depression of 08 struck....and then no doubt the bank said lose your notions....and skangarama began!
Weren't the Wrights up to their Octets in Debt to the Arabs for the Nightclub in an Industrial estate?

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2019, 10:14:50 pm »

Yeah,it was an "in" place when it opened and was hard to get into IIRC,like you said then the red ropes were done away with.. ::) ::)

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2019, 11:00:34 pm »
Weren't the Wrights up to their Octets in Debt to the Arabs for the Nightclub in an Industrial estate?
*Oxters

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2019, 01:20:11 am »
Do you know if Gilbert and Wright in Dunlaoghaire is affected?
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2019, 02:12:23 am »

The whole of Dunlaoghaire has been affected for years!!

Worked around Swords for a while this mornin,a punter i gad in was saying that Wrights have the boozers in the Airport and Heuston....i remember back in the day the Thomas Read group had the airport gig....and still fuked up...don't know if Wrights actually have those boozers...ermy will probably know...big Dommos yungfellas best friends cousin will no doubt have the low down!

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2019, 02:38:59 am »

The whole of Dunlaoghaire has been affected for years!!

Worked around Swords for a while this mornin,a punter i gad in was saying that Wrights have the boozers in the Airport and Heuston....i remember back in the day the Thomas Read group had the airport gig....and still fuked up...don't know if Wrights actually have those boozers...ermy will probably know...big Dommos yungfellas best friends cousin will no doubt have the low down!
Donie Cassidy had a large interest in DAP .

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2019, 08:32:48 am »
Sad to see all the old Discos/Nite Clubs closing, with the late bar openings now the Kids don't bother anymore.
Fcuk I miss the Slow Set from Checkers up in Taylors from 40 years ago
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

john m

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2019, 09:02:22 am »
New fire safety laws are closing clubs .and soon some pubs .Venues must now have fire exits that lead on to public highways some venues had fire exits that led to the back yard or into closed off laneways shared with other venues .Venues like Sin,District 8,Andrews Lane ,Lillies all failed to meet the fire safety requirements and are to be closed and redeveloped

Show Unread Posts