Author Topic: Name on driver ID plate  (Read 4796 times)

Offline taxi1990

Name on driver ID plate
« on: January 03, 2019, 09:25:26 pm »
Had some piece of $hit in the car one night, ranting and raving most of the journey, a real bad apple this guy was. he hated everyone, asking me who i was, where I was from etc he turns on the light and has a look at my ID plate on the dash, says my name, and again asks where i live, obviously i don't tell the lunatic.
needless to say we fell out at the end of the journey, he leaves my taxi but hints that i will be seeing him around.

I think there is no need for our names to be on the taxi plate on the dash, for our own safety, our taxi driver licence number should be sufficient.

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
Re: Name on driver ID plate
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 09:31:12 pm »
Empty vessels make most noise....

It's the quiet ones ya want to watch out for..... Ide say if yu put it up to that cnut......
He'd be payin a soiling charge tu ya....
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 09:33:50 pm »
The old system worked perfectly well, you wrote your badge number on the fare card and chewing-gummed your photo to it... the fare card even explained how the fare was calculated.

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 09:39:03 pm »
That is true, i haven't seen the gimp since, not that im worried about him but you could meet someone who would carry out their threats.

look at the Dublin bus driver that was attacked today for beeping at some idiot who walked out in front of him.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 09:43:32 pm »
Immigrant?

NTA sell our addresses, I think they charge 25 notes. Dublin Bus doesn't sell it's drivers' addresses.

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2019, 08:26:58 am »
NTA selling our addresses , I wonder if this is in breach of Data Protection Laws ?
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

Offline SClass

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2019, 11:10:41 am »
That is true, i haven't seen the gimp since, not that im worried about him but you could meet someone who would carry out their threats.

look at the Dublin bus driver that was attacked today for beeping at some idiot who walked out in front of him.

Just tell them you live in tyrrelstown,
 You're only back out after 3 months for having no insurance on your car,
 And you made some good mates while you are inside,  ok bud,

Offline SClass

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2019, 11:13:13 am »
Empty vessels make most noise....

It's the quiet ones ya want to watch out for..... Ide say if yu put it up to that cnut......
He'd be payin a soiling charge tu ya....

Octy getting stroppy, painting a different picture.
 Don't mess with the OCTY

dalymount

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2019, 02:18:56 pm »
Did you know,that in addition to your plate number ,photo ,being displayed on your dash,for a relatively small fee to the NTA,anyone can obtain further details about you like your name,address,etc etc I contacted both the NTA,and DATA proection about this some years ago,and they both said anyone seeking such info would be provided with it,but they would have to have a good reason for it,and provide proof as to why they wanted it

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2019, 02:44:03 pm »
Not happy that the NTA would even contemplate such a Data Protection breach, Jesus you have some fcnkn nutter at your house putting you and your family at risk  :o

Have just sent a mail to them for clarification on this, will keep you informed if/when I get a reply
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

Offline watty

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2019, 05:57:16 pm »
Every time we sign the back of a suitability/NCT form, we're giving away our privacy rights.
We've been doing it for years.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2019, 06:00:42 pm »
They were always obliged to maintain a register that is available for public inspection. In the modern era they satisfy that requirement by supplying details as requested. You don't need to give any reason for wanting any particulars but such particulars are made available in such a way as a paper trail is generated.

dalymount

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2019, 06:26:55 pm »
Rat I disagree with you about not having to have a reason .they assured me that this is the case,and only then thisi nfo would be available to state agencies like the Gardai,revenue,etc

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2019, 01:22:22 pm »
That's the way it was last time I asked. It may have changed since, will wait to see what STC comes back with and see if that clarifies anything.

Offline Bubba Ho-Tep

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2019, 01:29:44 pm »
I`d imagine if an irate customer rocked up to someone`s front door we`d have heard by now. Not saying they don`t give out addys but it seems to me that they would be complicit in any legal case pursuant to a house call based on info received.

Show Unread Posts