Author Topic: Mad man on the loose  (Read 13882 times)

Offline Shallowhal

Re: Mad man on the loose
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2019, 12:13:07 pm »
Just seen Tommy Tiernan on Drury street carrying his own shopping bags like a normal person..It must be strange for the famous comedians to have random weirdos staring at them when they're just going to the butchers.

I just send the maid wife out to do the shopping....although rumour has it i was spotted in Aldi yesterday....the shame!

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2019, 04:12:26 pm »
We don't do comedy well these days... generally rehashed schoolyard humour from gobshites like Brendan O'Carroll... We need to go back to Father Ted, Scrap Saturday, Dave Allen or Spike Milligan for some proper humour. I guess we can lay claim to John Sullivan as the son of an Irish immigrant...

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2019, 04:21:42 pm »
Some people never get the joke .Picked up Des Bishop in Rialto once .Got talking to him and he was complaining about being on telly ,said once you use a joke on telly you can never use it again .He said if he writes a show he can tour it for a year or two but if he writes a tv show he can only use the material once .I dissagreed and said <That oul Irish Speaking American joke still goes down " He sais what do you mean .You speaking Irish as soon as you say something in Irish people look at each other and say or think did he say what I think he said or isint he great an American speaking Irish .Even though you were educated in Private School in Wexford since you were 4 .The joke is you are Irish speaking with a letting on American Accent ,and when you understand that your not really that funny .You want to see the big confused head on him he grinned got out of the car and said thats on my account .Dont think he was impressed .

Picked up his brother in Cork St a while back,what a miserable dry $hite he is.

Online Bob Shillin

« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2019, 05:21:34 pm »
Just seen Tommy Tiernan on Drury street carrying his own shopping bags like a normal person..It must be strange for the famous comedians to have random weirdos staring at them when they're just going to the butchers.
Saw Johhny  Vegas walking down Dalkey main street yesterday, was surprised because he had just been on de telly before I went out.
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Offline Lizzzy

« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2019, 06:42:40 pm »

Yeah, that's why he moved to Galway.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2019, 07:32:09 pm »
Saw Johhny  Vegas walking down Dalkey main street yesterday, was surprised because he had just been on de telly before I went out.
If you paused the programme before you went out you'd never have met him...Mad!

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2019, 09:39:00 pm »

Probably stalking Maia...and having a parental visit!!

Offline Belker

« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2019, 10:12:19 am »
Dont hear much about Billy Connolly now,I know he has some health issues

'An Audience with Billy Connolly', probably his best work ever;

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2019, 01:31:21 pm »
He said he was ...nearly at the end .....last week...Sad!
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2019, 03:47:38 pm »
Similar happened to me when I first moved to the beautiful seaside resort town of Balbriggan, BS. I went down to the local bar with Mrs. Catcher and there was darts on telly, one of the new fangled satellite channels. Mick McGowan was playing in a semi-final of a PDC event and I'd got into the game when the music started in the lounge around 23:30 so I convinced Mrs. Catcher to come into the public bar so I could watch the end of it, the only time Mrs. Catcher has been in the public bar except that night a good few years back when the darts team won something and put on a party that went well into the early hours. Anywaysanall, after a short time I went up to the counter for more drink and who was stood beside me... only Mick McGowan... and I thought it was a live game I was watching on telly. Turned out to be a repeat of a game from a couple of days before that Mick lost after missing 3 at double 5 to win... oh, how we laughed!

john m

« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2019, 06:39:20 pm »
Similar happened to me when I first moved to the beautiful seaside resort town of Balbriggan, BS. I went down to the local bar with Mrs. Catcher and there was darts on telly, one of the new fangled satellite channels. Mick McGowan was playing in a semi-final of a PDC event and I'd got into the game when the music started in the lounge around 23:30 so I convinced Mrs. Catcher to come into the public bar so I could watch the end of it, the only time Mrs. Catcher has been in the public bar except that night a good few years back when the darts team won something and put on a party that went well into the early hours. Anywaysanall, after a short time I went up to the counter for more drink and who was stood beside me... only Mick McGowan... and I thought it was a live game I was watching on telly. Turned out to be a repeat of a game from a couple of days before that Mick lost after missing 3 at double 5 to win... oh, how we laughed!

Read that and got an image of Sheldon and Amy Farrah Fowler swilling pints ans babysham in the sunny knacker encampment north of the airport and close to the sewerage outlet pipe .

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2019, 06:50:41 pm »
I love driving down that country road that links The Briggan to Blake's Cross especially at night.
very wide, very flat, very smooth and very desolate. someone should write a song about it.
I've had des bishop before as well. lovely fella.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2019, 06:57:52 pm »
I love driving down that country road that links The Briggan to Blake's Cross especially at night.
very wide, very flat, very smooth and very desolate. someone should write a song about it.
I've had des bishop before as well. lovely fella.

Leonard Cohen on vocals.

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2019, 07:21:41 pm »
Dont hear much about Billy Connolly now,I know he has some health issues

'An Audience with Billy Connolly', probably his best work ever;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f8K_EpVtaI&list=PL501836457566B7B6

An audience with Peter Ustinov. Bleedin gas man.
Watch it from the start.
An Audience with Peter Ustinov 1988

Show Unread Posts